Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boney! It's good to see you! <3 I'm glad you're still lurking, even if you aren't into FE much anymore. Thanks for the thumbs-up!

Epsilon, thanks too! Hopefully the dancer will be done soon. I don't have that much left to finish. :)

Also, updates on adult Archibald:

ayron_sheet_v10.png -> ayron_sheet_v10_x5.png

Amelia made a super-awesome young Archibald for Dream of Five, and his hair looked sooo good that I revamped this Arch to have hair more like Amelia's. Thank you for the hair inspiration, Amely! You're so good at it! wub.gif

Yay, the shoulder pads are symmetricalish now.

Yep! I remembered that crit and fixed the trim. :)

I'm for the newer one. The lines are a lot more crisp, the shading's more detailed, and I like what you've done with the way the hair hangs compared to the old one.

Thanks, Seph! This is my opinion too. The new one's shading is just plain better. Feaw and Warg, what in specific did you prefer about the old one? The shading? The shape? That the left bang flicked out instead of curving towards the face? There's not much I can do without more info.

Well, I liked that in the old version the bangs waren't plain curly, they were... a little bit square-ish, and I actually liked that.

I also like the shading way better, yeah.

Iunno, it just looks tons better, imo. But if you like the new one better, just ignore me =B.

• 2 months later...

I think his hair on the left is meant to be hanged on his ear and goes behind it? Nope I can't describe this clearly. :P

Yep, that's it exactly!

And huzzah, my latest spriting project is complete: revamped Cecilia! (The original is on the left; my version on the right.)

cecilia_revamp.png

Her hair always bothered me, so I decided to redo it, along with various other touch-ups. A big thanks to Yeti for helping me fix the eyes.

She's not available for use, so please don't ask. But if you've got any crit, I'd love to hear it! :)

About bloody time someone fixed her. :B Do Yuuno next.

Wonderful hair fix, although the biggest thing that's bothered me about her forever was her face. Her whole mouth region feels like it needs to be pushed back into her face and separated from her nose or something. Scratch that. Played with it, and all she needs is for her mouth to be moved inward one pixel...and maybe have her jaw widened a bit, but that's trivial.

Also, though I did say the hair was wonderful (because it is), it feels like it's suddenly lacking in detail compared to the original, not to mention that the rear strands are kinda lumpy and clumpy, like toothpaste. I wouldn't mind seeing more editing on the clothing, either.

Yet Another Edit --

Oh, and it would be lovely if you could reduce her hair colors to 3, because the original 4 is simply unnecessary. o 3o~

Edited by uJELLY

Ugh nice, I always hated her hair too XD I like this much better.

I didn't really see anything else wrong with it but apparently AK has so I wouldn't really have anything else that I say on it...

About bloody time someone fixed her. :B Do Yuuno next.

Wonderful hair fix, although the biggest thing that's bothered me about her forever was her face. Her whole mouth region feels like it needs to be pushed back into her face and separated from her nose or something. Scratch that. Played with it, and all she needs is for her mouth to be moved inward one pixel...and maybe have her jaw widened a bit, but that's trivial.

Also, though I did say the hair was wonderful (because it is), it feels like it's suddenly lacking in detail compared to the original, not to mention that the rear strands are kinda lumpy and clumpy, like toothpaste. I wouldn't mind seeing more editing on the clothing, either.

Yet Another Edit --

Oh, and it would be lovely if you could reduce her hair colors to 3, because the original 4 is simply unnecessary. o 3o~

But Yuuno doesn't need it! She's already super-cute!

I agree that Cecilia's face has always been kinda derpy. You'd think that looking at it for so long, I'd have figured out what the problem was, but nope! Haha. Luckily, moving her mouth and doing some jaw futzing won't be bad. I'll see what I can do! As for the hair, which parts do you mean by "rear strands?" Lemme know and I will fix them. :)

The 4 hair shades - I'm torn. I agree they are unnecessary because she doesn't have blonde hair, but part of me wants to stay true to the original coloring. But it wouldn't be too hard to pull that lightest one out and see what happens. Thanks, AK!

Free, thank you too! I'm glad you like her!

• 4 months later...

Man, I really haven't had the urge to sprite for a long time - until today!

Estelle is finished, save for crit/fixes and frames. Previous version is on the left.

estelle_wip2.png -> estelle_wip3.png

Been messing with the mug in my sig, too, trying to fix the hair, but I don't have enough progress to show yet.

Edited by Astelaine

this little chunklet of hair here seems a bit weird

Hey Nephew! Has Uncle been treating you right? Haha.

Can you try to articulate what seems funky about that chunklet of hair? It would help if you could. :) Thanks for pointing it out!

Always liked that dancer sprite. Looks great.

Tyvm, Phoenix!

The rising strand of hair leaning on the shoulder that you added doesn't seen to be working imo.

Boney! <3 Thanks for replying! It seems other folks have had the same problem with it. I might get rid of it altogether in order not to steal attention from her face. I'll mess around and see what happens. smile.gif Edited by Astelaine

Hey Nephew! Has Uncle been treating you right? Haha.

Can you try to articulate what seems funky about that chunklet of hair? It would help if you could. :) Thanks for pointing it out!

of course he has :o

hmm

I'm not sure how to say it exactly, but it's like that section seems shaded oddly

that's my terrible edit, idk if it helps or not

• 1 month later...