Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

Nah. Once they're running the people who aren't the drafters don't care. Once they're over, well, the only time I've seen a winner declared was in one FE8 draft and I don't think anybody cared. :P

That said, maybe a Centralized Draft Interest Gauging Thread would be useful.

I'd like to run an FEDS Hard 3 draft like that glorious man Integrity did, any takers?

Then instead of having an FEDS H3 Draft VI (return of the jedi) thread, we'd have one post Ian could check for all his FE6-12 drafting needs? Then once 5 people signed up, you'd create a FEDS H3 Draft VI (return of the jedi) thread in the relevant section?

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Once they're running the people who aren't the drafters don't care. Once they're over, well, the only time I've seen a winner declared was in one FE8 draft and I don't think anybody cared. :P

That said, maybe a Centralized Draft Interest Gauging Thread would be useful.

Then instead of having an FEDS H3 Draft VI (return of the jedi) thread, we'd have one post Ian could check for all his FE6-12 drafting needs? Then once 5 people signed up, you'd create a FEDS H3 Draft VI (return of the jedi) thread in the relevant section?

Actually, I do try to follow the progress all of the 6-9 drafts, I usually find them interesting, and wouldn't mind someplace where there could be summaries or comparisons. At least something like: Using X team, Y got turncounts Z, in sort of a list. However, that's really impractical, as the majority of drafts end up partially finished, but for the games with multiple drafts, there may be able to collect a representative sample to give future competitors ideas of how things might be expected to go with using various picks.

The "Generic Draft Interest" thread is not a bad idea either, as I know I was interested in a HM FE6 draft, as I passed the NM ones by, but I hadn't finalized the effort needed to construct a ruleset. When Raven came in and did one for me, I was like "Excellent".

Actually, I do try to follow the progress all of the 6-9 drafts, I usually find them interesting, and wouldn't mind someplace where there could be summaries or comparisons. At least something like: Using X team, Y got turncounts Z, in sort of a list. However, that's really impractical, as the majority of drafts end up partially finished, but for the games with multiple drafts, there may be able to collect a representative sample to give future competitors ideas of how things might be expected to go with using various picks.

I agree, having an overview of past teams and turncounts would be helpful. Alternatively, one could make character ranking topics with special regards to drafts and possibly outline what forced characters can/cannot do, so that people have an idea where the team has to be improved.

I feel somewhat embarrassed about not finishing my HHM draft, given that I made it pretty far. However, it was my first ever HHM run, and I'm currently stuck on a level that is nothing short of impossible for me to beat given the characters I have, as well as the resources available to me. I still do have the save file, though, and occasionally I play it for shits and gigs.

Take a penalty if you must, but do try to finish!

Oh, I've attempted to take penalties, but my only non-draftee remaining that can actually do anything is Pent, and even his assistance is not enough for me.

Added a single line to the main post that I'll also put here for those of you who just skim 'cos you already read it:

If you want your draft to be archived, could you kindly drop me a notification via PM or profile comment when you post it? I don't regularly check all the FE boards (mainly SNES and 9) so it'd help.

Update to the OP. There'll be a list I'm keeping of players who are interested in a draft, but don't want to host it for whatever reason. I understand, honest. Getcher name on it by contacting me in any of the usual methods and I'll put you there.

This is just an experiment - I fully accept it might just fail.

Updates:

- I think the FE5 draft tournament has started (or is about to).

- RD's FE9 tournament has finished drafting, and some have begun. Unless I'm feeling FABULOUS after dinner, I'll most likely start on Friday.

- SD Drafting Tournament II: The_Steel_Lance did finish, at 174 turns or something like that. Regardless, General_Horace killed everyone.

- SD Drafting Tournament III: I'm half-tempted to do Spy's team. . .please talk me out of it.

- SD Drafting Tournament IV: I will post the final play logs when General_Horace finishes.

- My awesome tournament: Check the first post for progress/final turn counts. I will not post mine until everyone finishes (or hithere1 gets so far behind that he's out of the running).

We at the FE5 have indeed started.

Ulki finished the FE10 draft, with 449 turns.

And I actually managed to pull a 3-turn at 4-5 with Heather. So that makes my turn-count 298.

Rein's FE9 Draft has finished drafting and we've already made some progress. I'll probably finish tomorrow afternoon or evening.

EDIT: Finished with 212 turns. Pretty bad...

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

RFoF: I'd like to link the past drafts instead of providing topic numbers, but isn't there a hard limit on links per post? I remember ...you, I think hitting it on your RD rankings thread.

RFoF: I'd like to link the past drafts instead of providing topic numbers, but isn't there a hard limit on links per post? I remember ...you, I think hitting it on your RD rankings thread.

There is, but you shouldn't be there yet, and you probably won't hit it any time soon.

I suspect it's somewhere about 50, like images. If so, I'm sitting pretty at 29 logged drafts. I suppose I *could* link, but I'm futureproofed this way.