Joerachi's Emporium of Sprites of Differing Quality

Joerachi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said in my OP. You never need to tell me XD. I might actually make an effort to shade. I want to get the body down first before I shade. why shade something when the shape is completely wrong?

Did you like how I tried to avoid criticism?

• 4 weeks later...

NeimiXcolmchildren-2.png

This is for my hack, and this is one of NeimixColm's children. If you're going to critise, come back 10 minutes after you do so. I feel guilty 'bout these double post's you know

EDIT: BESIDES the Top-right of the hair (OPV), feel free to critise. I just caught that.

Edited by Joerachi

NeimiXcolmchildren-2.png

This is for my hack, and this is one of NeimixColm's children. If you're going to critise, come back 10 minutes after you do so. I feel guilty 'bout these double post's you know

EDIT: BESIDES the Top-right of the hair (OPV), feel free to critise. I just caught that.

I can't tell if that is the hairline or bangs. However, assuming it is the hairline, it needs to be raised higher so that she has more of a forehead. Also, the armor on her shoulder looks too large so making it smaller would be good. On the right side of her right eye (our right), there is a blue dot next to the hair, but on the skin.. Lastly, the biggest problem to me is that she looks like she lacks eyebrows. I'm not sure if that's her design or not, though. . . so. . . yeah.

Edited by Cymbeline

Step aside, the crappiness bin is coming.

EwanxAmeliaDaughter.png

Again, for my hack (Where AmeliaxEwan is canon :>) And I can't extinguish all of the Nino :C

Oh, and a more manry version of my persona. Simple splice with some doctoring though, so not that impressive.

JoeyFESpriteReduz-1.png

Edited by Joerachi

Oh god, I always forget eyebrows. Will fix. Please check in in about 10 minutes.

EDIT: Ok so more like a few hours.

NeimiXcolmchildrenLarge-4.png

I redid the hair. Suggestions on how to fix?

The hair should be a bit thicker or less flat, in my opinion.

As for the other two: Amewan is nice, though the hand seems maybe a bit too small. Also, there needs to be some shading under her shoulder armor.

For your persona, the collar needs more shading to define between the skin and collar.

Oh god, I always forget eyebrows. Will fix. Please check in in about 10 minutes.

EDIT: Ok so more like a few hours.

NeimiXcolmchildrenLarge-4.png

I redid the hair. Suggestions on how to fix?

There's no definition or detail.

It looks a bit pillow shaded in places.

The placement of the hair makes the head look smaller than you probably meant it to be. (try filling in more of it on the right side)

Just a few things I guess. I like the little red Nino character ^_^

Thanks guys for the tips on to make this suck less.

Changes: Hand is slightly bigger, shading under the shoulder pad.

EwanxAmeliaDaughter-1.png

Changes: Shading around the neck, slight clean up around the neck.

JoeyFESpriteReduz-4.png

Changes: Defined the lock of hair to the right (OPV) slightly more, Less pillow shading.

NeimiXcolmchildrenLarge-5.png

EDIT: The third one is missing a outline pixel around the left (OPV). Thought I should point that out.

Edited by Joerachi

Joe, if you got rid of the hand in the first one, it would actually be pretty good.

As for the remake of your personal mug I think that's what it is it's looking a metric ton better than the original, except for that neck shading.

Also, just scrap the third one XD

EwanxAmeliaDaughterLookmomnohands-2.png

Here's a version without the hands, if it makes any difference.

EDIT: Just noticed that this one has an outline fix and slightly more saturated blue color too. So, yeah.

Edited by Joerachi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back after a bit and I have my first FC done (Hide your children)

FCLarge-3.png

[spoiler=Normal Sized]FirstFC-10.png

Have at it.

I'll bite. . .

She lacks whites in her eyes. The base of her neck looks too thick. Her shoulders are uneven. . . Hair needs shading in the middle rather than wholy on the sides.

Um. . . hope that helps.

Thanks for the Criticism <_<

Hey, no problem ;3

Joe, you're making the same mistake that every new spriter does; jumping into FCs, and you wont stop. So, I'm not going to help. I'm really not. You're being stubborn and uncompromising for no good reason. You seriously need to splice more, or learn more about human proportions for you to be able to do any level of decent FCs.

Please listen to someone who's been spriting for three years, now. I know what I'm talking about.

Joe, when you antialias, you only need to shade in the "corners" of your lines. Right now, you're tracing the whole line. Look at her neck, for example - you have lines of different colors stacked on each other. That's what causes pillow shading.

When in doubt, check existing mugs for reference. Seph really is right about splicing. While I don't mean to discourage your interest in customing, you should also be splicing as much as you can. At the very least, it makes you stare at the mugs' details - knowledge which you can then apply to your own stuff. :) Why don't you enter some of the splicing competitions? They're fun, and good motivation to keep improving and pumping out work.

I'm going to have to go with Amera here. I just started FCing myself and only little things. It took 15 pages of spriting just to get enough experience to do that much. To be fair though I don't do GBAs so it's probably a little bit different, but I'd definitely recommend splicing more to get a better feel for proportions and all that stuff.