Joerachi's Emporium of Sprites of Differing Quality

Joerachi

6c22ba9de9d5ec4d64bf41822589dfa7.png

Side of face is flat, and the ear is too close to the eye. Shading along bangs is a bit heavy, or otherwise lacking, in the wrong areas.

Why would you want to pillow that bikini? It was shaded adequately before.

Flabby, flat arm.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakche-8.png

For SoS Splicin Comp. 8, Lakche weeee.

EDIT: Also, I don't know what fixes I made here, since my computer fell and the battery popped out, bleeeh.

Evillll-3.png

Edited by Joerachi

Lakche-8.png

I like her. No idea what's going on where her hair meets the armor on the right but other than that, it is a nice and clean splice.

As for this Ursula/Tate thing over here, there are three noticeable problems. Zoom and study.

iom7wl.jpg

The little + marks are my own minor fixes. There are plenty of different ways to do it, but looking really closely at the similarities from past FE mugs and your own are the best ways to figure out how certain shadings is done.

I don't quite know what's going on when it meets the armor on the left, either. IIRC Lakche's original sprite has her leaning backwards, and that's why her hair sticks out forward. As is I'd kinda recommend doing something with the back of her hair. It looks pretty boring. Also, the collar on our right side sorta just goes off into nowhere and disappears.

herpaderp.png

Pink: The hair shading here is awkward. The way the shading is here doesn't mesh with the rest of the hair properly.

Blue: It's awkward how the 4th skin shade is used twice like that. It makes the top of the ear look globby and deformed.

Purple: The way this is shaded seems awkward to me.

Otherwise it's very good. :3

That....actually looks really good. Maybe more separation on the bangs and things and more forehead shading though. There seems to be something wonky with his left eyebrow, and the cape could probably be worked on.

The cape is a little pillowy, especially the folds. Other than that, the cape is fine.

The face, however, isn't. It looks like it's squeezed. o3o

Right here:

c7ace203d15fd6fd501b20bb9e437262.png

Eyes and eyebrows are really unbalance. While he has a serious-looking (very manly, very angry) right eye, his left eye looks sad and crap like a little girl. I suggest you should take a look at people like Roland and Eliwood and ref the eyes and eyebrows. Eyes are important because their expression lets us know the character's personality, so you should send some time working on those.

Trims are rough. And neck is really badly shaded, I dunno if it's just me or the neck/head is too small for the body. I think you should make the neck/head a little bigger or the body smaller.

Hair still has pillow shadings.

This is kind of embarrassing, but what exactly is trim? I tried looking it up but found no results D:

JoeyFESpriteReduz-11.png

Made some changes, hopefully for the better C:

Edited by Joerachi