WTF is up with the release date?

...Hate to say it, but now that the Nintendo 3DS is out everywhere, Nintendo will be looking at the potential for the 3DS games...

Lucky us, tho. If we DON'T see FE12 get released internationally, I have good news. A buddy of mine works for Nintendo, and before the earthquake and all the tragedy over there, he kinda hinted that IS would be looking at a remake for Genealogy of Holy-War and Thracia 776 in ONE GAME. So everybody just keep your hopes up. If the world doesn't get destroyed, we might be seeing the release of this mix game Q1 or Q2 of 2012.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Hate to say it, but now that the Nintendo 3DS is out everywhere, Nintendo will be looking at the potential for the 3DS games...

Lucky us, tho. If we DON'T see FE12 get released internationally, I have good news. A buddy of mine works for Nintendo, and before the earthquake and all the tragedy over there, he kinda hinted that IS would be looking at a remake for Genealogy of Holy-War and Thracia 776 in ONE GAME. So everybody just keep your hopes up. If the world doesn't get destroyed, we might be seeing the release of this mix game Q1 or Q2 of 2012.

Is this going to be for the 3ds?

01 April 2011 - 08:47 PM
01 April 2011
01 April

I lol'd

The funny thing is, people will believe stuff like this. Just look at the madeup stuff about what some of the Fire Emblem games were like--complete out-of-ass trash, like this, but some people aren't very critical in their thought apparently

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=155589

So the game isn't on the Q2 releases. Now I am concerned.

Quick! Ask @NintendoAmerica!

I am also starting to get concerned. Still, looking through the article, I found this:

"Below is a partial list of upcoming games for Nintendo systems. Note that game titles and launch dates are subject to change."

I'm remaining hopeful that it's just secretly being in the process of translating/localizing, but this brings up a good point. Is there any way aside from news releases for us to know when and what games are under development?

Non-news ways to find out about games in development? Well beyond shaky "leaks", rating board (ESRB and equivalents) additions have given us a decent number of heads up for various releases (Mostly VC, though other stuff has been revealed in this method). Trademark applications mostly turn out to be bunk (WaterBlue anyone), but we have learned a few (minor) things from it.

Edited by deuxhero

Quick! Ask @NintendoAmerica!

I asked them a few times. They said they can't disclose any information on any game, other than what is already advertized. Just gotta sit and wait :rolleyes:

HAs anyone ever tried reverse psychology on those Ninty employers? I found out when Pkmn Diamond was coming to the netherlands by calling them angrily wanting to know when my Pokemon diamond game was finally coming back. (I had sent it because there was a problem with it blablabla) Poor woman on the other end of the line said (in a suprised tone): "Huh, I don't quite follow, how can you have that game when Pokemon diamond is not scheduled to be released until the 12th of april..."

That was somewhere in february.

Try it, some of those aren't really hard to topple.

HAs anyone ever tried reverse psychology on those Ninty employers? I found out when Pkmn Diamond was coming to the netherlands by calling them angrily wanting to know when my Pokemon diamond game was finally coming back. (I had sent it because there was a problem with it blablabla) Poor woman on the other end of the line said (in a suprised tone): "Huh, I don't quite follow, how can you have that game when Pokemon diamond is not scheduled to be released until the 12th of april..."

You cunning linguist, you :XD:

lol I like that, I'll see what I can do.

It hasn't even been a single year since it was released.

C'mon guys :< What are you expecting.

well, iirc, the other games were released within 9 months or so, and announced before then. but i'm not going to lose hope until E3.

Or to get more people to buy Fire emblem, they're converting the Ds edition from japan to a 3ds version for the rest of the world?

That'd be awsm.

That actually seems counterproductive if you ask me.

Edited by LittleAl

....not to mention it'd probably be easier to make an entirely new game than edit a pre-existing one for new software...it'd be like trying to hack a GBA FE game to work as a DS file, when any decent DS emulator/actual DS can play GBA games already.

It just makes NO SENSE.

...wait, did the above lines make sense?

....not to mention it'd probably be easier to make an entirely new game than edit a pre-existing one for new software...it'd be like trying to hack a GBA FE game to work as a DS file, when any decent DS emulator/actual DS can play GBA games already.

It just makes NO SENSE.

...wait, did the above lines make sense?

Actually. Its been done. Someone used the coding types for megaman zero collection to convert MMBN3 to DS.

The sound quality is still terribad. Even with DS soundfonts.

It turns out, MM Zero collection is emulation unpacked megaman zero games with an added title screen and game code modified a bit for a bottem screen.

Edit: Its actually really buggy and not worth it...so nevermind about that.

Edited by someonewhodied