WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An up-port for the 3DS is definitely a possibility, but I'm not having many hopes on that happening.

I say E3 is the last hope. I think they will dedicate a small portion of the conference to show their last batch of DS games, so I'm hoping for FE12 there (along with Layton 4).

And if they do not translate it because Shadow Dragon was disappointing, that'd be ridiculous, no supports, hi, recruitment text, never talked again. -__- Yeah, that's why we need New Mystery WITH supports.

I have never heard of a game be released for one system in one country and an higher-port system in another. It just doesnt make any sense.

Oh and Jave, what Meteor said is right. The person who wrote to Nintendo was the one who gave FE12 the crappy title, I thought I made that clear on my response. One thing is for sure, Nintendo never named a Fire Emblem game with such a long title (In US/EU).

All we can do now is wait just one more month til E3

I have never heard of a game be released for one system in one country and an higher-port system in another. It just doesnt make any sense.

It has happened, although the up-port usually also gets released in the original country. Animal Crossing (originally an N64 game) and the original Ace Attorney trilogy (originally GBA games) are examples.

I think one of those Dragon Quest Slime games are also part of that continuum. And the reverse happens on a minor scale all the time, where a game will be altered slightly and fine-tuned for an overseas release and then rereleased back in the origin country (so usually it goes Japan>worldwide->Japan)

Dragon Quest V and VI also are classified under this "up-port by chance" trend.

Edited by Celice

I kinda dont count either Dragon Quest or Ace Attorney as up-ports because of the time difference of their release from Japan to worldwide. Animal Crossing took a year and a half, which is easier to compare to FE's situation. But I highly doubt Nintendo would go through all that trouble just for FE. I think the developers miss calculated the time of release or were unaware of what Nintendo was doing and focused more on gameplay, which I think was a good idea. I would rather get a great game in Japan that can be translated than another SD released worldwide.

Edited by JosefLior

Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (English name Tale of Two Towns) says "Hi"

It has been confirmed that it will be released on both DS and 3DS.

So they may just release this on both consoles.

Edited by MagicTiger

And if they do not translate it because Shadow Dragon was disappointing, that'd be ridiculous, no supports, hi, recruitment text, never talked again. -__- Yeah, that's why we need New Mystery WITH supports.

...The game has it.

Where have you been <_<

...The game has it.

Where have you been <_<

I think he meant support conversations, something SD didn't have that FE12 does.

Another up-port I thought of was Megaman BN 5 (You know what I meant :>_<:), first came out as two separate games for the GBA, then one bundled game for the DS. But the DS version is dumb since there wasn't anything new added to it. Also the Zero collection. So nevermind about what I said about up-port, I have heard of them, but to me it's just scheme to make more money with little effort by the developers

Edited by JosefLior

I think he meant support conversations, something SD didn't have that FE12 does.

Another up-port I thought of was Megaman 5, first came out as two separate games for the GBA, then one bundled game for the DS. But the DS version is dumb since there wasn't anything new added to it. Also the Zero collection. So nevermind about what I said about up-port, I have heard of them, but to me it's just scheme to make more money with little effort by the developers

I think you mean Megaman Battle Network 5. Megaman 5 is an entirely different game, for an entirely different system, and can possibly even be confused with another game with the sameish name for another, but less different system.

I think you mean Megaman Battle Network 5. Megaman 5 is an entirely different game, for an entirely different system, and can possibly even be confused with another game with the sameish name for another, but less different system.

I corrected my post. Also some of the X series were up-ported to the PSP IIRC

MMBN5 had a DS release. I recall the original wasn't in europe while the DS one may or may not be.

People are talking about games that were ported up to higher systems for exportation from Japan. Anyway, one I can think of is Naruto Clash of the Ninja, which was exported as a DS game after minimal changes from its Gameboy Advance equivalent.

Anyway, what is most bothering me is that Nintendo of America/Europe may decide to not translate New Mystery just because of Shadow Dragon's "bad reception", so to speak.

First off, is this even true that Shadow Dragon's reception sales-wise was that bad? I thought about half of Shadow Dragon's sales were from outside of Japan, so I'm questioning this.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo of America/Europe doesn't base whether to translate New Mystery based on Shadow Dragon... Radiant Dawn was the game that came out before it Shadow Dragon, and even if it wasn't a perfect game, it featured the biggest character cast to date I believe (New Mystery may have a bigger cast, although I'm not entirely sure) and was enjoyed by most fans (although haters will always be haters), and had many features in it such as the magic triangle that got scrapped in Shadow Dragon. Getting rid of this wouldn't have been so bad if Nintendo bothered to take the time to add things like support conversations into Shadow Dragon and overall more depth into a remake of a NES game for goodness sakes, but besides better graphics and raised stat caps (often without raising stat growths based on 20 stat caps), Shadow Dragon simply wasn't improved enough. Hell, Linde got screwed royally in the remake with her speed growth being cut from 60 to 35, and I still have no idea why Nintendo decided to do this, which actually was one thing that made Shadow Dragon worse than Fire Emblem 1/3 Book 1, in my opinion.

However, New Mystery (or whatever you wish to call it) has, as most people know already, the characteristics of an amazing remake. It has a full support system with actual conversations, uped the stat growths of characters to match the higher stat caps, has higher difficultly modes that actually match what they say they are (Hard 5, Merciless of Shadow Dragon, seemed to get easier and easier as it progressed, with the only exception to this being maybe the final level), and actually had another whole plot added to it; the Assassins' Plot. This game essentially had the quality that was desired after Radiant Dawn, although Shadow Dragon fell short, to say the least...

Obviously, I am hoping this game will get translated by Nintendo of America/Europe, and I really hope that this doesn't happen simply because of Shadow Dragon's poor quality. Anyway, I guess the last hope is E3. If not there, a fan-translation will surely come about, although I think Nintendo of America/Europe would be screwing thereselves out of a lot of money if they decide to not translate and port this...

Edited by Charged151

This topic needs to be pinned.

I agree! :lol:

Nintendo would just end up screwing themselves by not releasing FE12. The world will just get the fan translation and that will cost Nintendo's income. Once for not buying the game and another for playing it for free. So if they want to maximize their profit, they should just release it already.

Edited by JosefLior

Your asking me? lol I was the one who asked this question first

Yeah I know, I'm sharing your pain. We're having discussions about this game, and it's only making me crave a US release more. I hate going to the main page and seeing the "March 25" update... :(:

Yeah I know, I'm sharing your pain. We're having discussions about this game, and it's only making me crave a US release more. I hate going to the main page and seeing the "March 25" update... :(:

What? I do the same thing. I keep going to the main page to see what's new and nothing. Now I'm looking at a race. Which will come first? The English patch or the world release.

What? I do the same thing. I keep going to the main page to see what's new and nothing. Now I'm looking at a race. Which will come first? The English patch or the world release.

haha, glad to see i'm not the only one who checks the main page every day in the hopes of seeing some FE12 news.

Yeah, if a release date is announced (from a legitimate source), you can be sure that I'll have it plastered everywhere on the site : P

That said, I am aiming on making some minor updates to the site soon, so try not to have a heartattack or something when you see the latest date becomes June or something ^^