Return of The Emblem Information & Signup

Phoenix

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. You don't just spend pts on level, after all. Tier 1's still legit, especially if you spend all your pts on gear/skills/discipline, which is easy to do. Also, not everyone's mid tier 2 or above. Most people haven't even finished converting yet, and if we're still going off of the old system, Bert never left tier 1 and is still a viable combatant ('cause I spent everything on gear. XD)

A warning to splurgers: 1000pts seems like a lot. It isn't. (Especially if your character has a mount that isn't leap/flight/crush, and I do not mean mounts that can leap/fly/crush.) Best advice I can give is to get on RotE's roll20, play around with it, and make a shopping list, then test it out and change as needed before the new system goes live.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Name: Aleister Hughes
Nickname: Arch-demon
Sex: Male

Class: Myrmidon
Affinity: Darkness
Weapon proficiency: Swords
Weapon of Choice: Brand Sword (Dark)

Inventory: Brand Sword (Dark), Brave Sword, Elixir, Veteran Scout Armor, Tonic, Grenade
Raw Stats: HP: 4 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 4 SPD: 4 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 1 MOV: 4
Simplified Stats: HP: 12 Might: 4 (6 w/ Brand Sword) Hit: 5 AS: 4 Evade: 6 (10 w/ Vet. Scout Armor) Defense: 1 (3 w/ Vet. Scout Armor) Resistance: 1 (3 w/ Vet. Scout Armor) Movement: 4

Appearance: Appearance here

Nature/Disposition: Quiet, Calm, like an Ice Man of battle, but cares for others, close or not.
Hometown: Unknown
Connections: Unknown

Backstory: There is no denying that the world has its many secrets, and that some people have wanted to become stronger to protect others instead of watching a fight to the death from the sidelines. Aleister has always been one of them. Although it is not clear where he was born, he admits to having a troubled life in his past. Born to a single, hard working mother, he was always a subject to question on why he was left alone at home, mainly due to her being busy with multiple jobs to provide for her and Aleister a good life. Of course, Aleister had also been in school, learning and preparing to take control of his future. He had been the victim of aggression from other people his age (at this time, 8), which drove him to believe that he was weak and will always be weak. But some can only take so much before unleashing their bottled rage upon another living being. He brutally punched another boy, just below the nose, which got him expelled. Furious to hear of this news, his mother had stood up for him when nobody else would, but also taught him to keep his anger inside, and use calmness and focus when engaged in a fight or battle. He grew up, and at the ripe age of 16, got a job as a blacksmith's apprentice, and forged his first sword, in which he learned to use from another colleague who had worked at the forge. After the forge had shut down 2 years later, Aleister had went to places that would pay mercenaries to protect. But, from all of his learning, he knew that there was something that he needed to do - discover who he really is at heart, mind and soul. He stopped working as a sell-sword 3 years later and began to travel the open road.

No, you literally just stopped posting.

Kenta, I'm gonna be frank. I don't think you have what it takes to RP in any of the big RPs on SF. Your post quality is either incredibly short or heavily lacking information, your signups are, being brutally honest, things a fifteen year old would think is dark cool and edgey, and from your previous engagements in RP, you lack the drive to become part of anything.

I'm not the GM, but I hope he rejects you. You need to really need practice, but not here, at the expense of other players.

Edited by Nanami Touko

(because I apparently got banned)

listen I'm trying as hard as I can. I'm fine with you being real with me.

and besides, there isn't any other RP that's interesting, active, or any RP in general. (my personal problem)

Then go read some books. Actual good fiction. Even if you're starting somewhere simple like Tolkien, and branch out into other fictional novels, get some sort of backing behind your ideas. They come across as very edgy and boring. Why do I care about Aleister "arch-demon" (really, arch-demon) Hughes? He's so typical. Bullied, anger issues, trying to find out what's "really in his heart",

There's nothing wrong with a typical premise-- hell, my character, Eva, wasn't anything special in production, and I wasn't great for a while. But you have to have some standard to not make it difficult for people to write with you, and lazy one line posts or disappearing for weeks at a time isn't inspiring.

An RP is like a puppy. It isn't just for Christmas. You have to take care of it if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Alright. Alright. And thank you for convincing me to do so. I have never been a good writer, and probably won't ever be a good writer. But maybe I can learn something from them. 

Actually you should focus on reading for now. One thing that's been evident for a while is that you're not really that committed to writing for Kenta, and lately you've been hopping from one RP to another without even tailoring your character for those settings. I tend to be especially lenient with signups because I was an awful rper and writer myself when I first started, but haphazardly sticking with Kenta isn't really going to help you improve and the character himself isn't contributing anything to the narrative like I'd hoped. Me being lenient here won't help anything. That said, I'm giving you the boot.

You're free to try to sign up again once you feel you've improved, but you've got to put in real effort, because it's going to be evident whether you've improved or not right in your character's signup and I'll approve or reject accordingly. Just coming up with a coherent backstory won't cut it, either. You've got to post regularly, read and remember other rpers' posts, understand the setting and the situation, try to develop your character over time, etc etc, or I'll just wind up giving you the boot, again. 

As far as the system goes we're still in mid-overhaul. In the actual story, both groups have made a bit of progress but I'm not going to get into much detail about that here. You can always have a look at the threads or ask for more specifics if you're curious.

• 11 months later...

Name: Reynhard of Lorton

Sex: M

Class: Cavalier

Appearance: Reynhard has forest green eyes and a thick, scraggly head of black hair.  He is somewhat pale. His body is well-toned, and could be found imposing were it not for his somewhat shorter height of 5’9”.  Generally, his clothing is on the nicer end of the spectrum, favoring colors such as red and white. When not in battle, armored or not, he wears a tattered crimson cloak with a faded crest embroidered on it, depicting a nasal helm, cracked on the left side.

Nature/Disposition: Gentle, studious, and quiet.  His anger is slow to be roused, but when it is he is prone to rash and violent actions that invariably he will be sorry for later.

Hometown: Lorton

Connections: (Optional: list of people this person knows and their relations with them. These can be expounded on in Backstory if desired.)

-Adeline, Reynhard’s mother

-Sighard of Urcenter, Reynhard’s father

-Thomas of Sergio, fellow Knight Errant

-Anselm, Reynhard’s grandfather.  A corrupt merchant.

Backstory: The life of a knight errant is not one to be envied.  Travelling Sardius, these men and women fight for what is right.  Or, often as not, they fight for some gold to pay for their expenses so they can continue living in a never-ending cycle of fighting.

Such was the life of Sighard of Urcenter.  Sighard was a follower of the Order of Wrath, and the ideals of the God were taken to such heart that he could do naught but set off on a quest to destroy lawlessness and tyranny wherever it may be found.  It was easier said than done. A poor knight with little to him but his arms, armor, and horse could only get so far, and the true injustices in society was above what he could expect to reasonably deal with.  Perhaps Sighard could defeat a bandit or three, but a corrupt city official with a well-entrenched system of support? What is one to do against such a thing?

In the city of Lorton did Sighard weep, and find comfort.  A merchant’s daughter, Adeline may not have been above his social rank but she was certainly above him in wealth.  Outwardly, her family presented a pious facade, but in truth they did little but feast off of the fruit of their labor in a hive of decadence.  A festering abomination, one that the truly religious Adeline could not stomach.

Sighard rescued her from that life- with stolen money in hand, they fled to Sanctis, where they wed and had a single child.  Reynhard. But her family was not so quick to let go. After but a decade of peace and happiness, Reynhard was kidnapped by his grandfather and brought to the family manor, where he was educated and learned the martial arts.  Anselm, his grandfather, was frustrated to see that there was much of his daughter and her husband in the boy. Ten years he was their son, not his. He was pious and studious, and loath to raise a finger against anyone. Despite his best attempts, he could not induct the lad into the family tradition of debauchery.  Instead, Reynhard used the wealth and connections of his grandfather to read and learn.

For a time, he considered following the Order of Truth, before being drawn to the God of his father, Wrath.  Reynhard held disdain for his grandfather and his evil ways. But there was nothing that could be done to change him or defeat him.  Instead, Reynhard decided to do what he knew would irritate the man beyond measure- he became a knight errant, as his father did, at the age of 19.  

Though young, he proved himself on the field, the teachers his grandfather provided proving their worth after he had lost communication with them.  Originally, his grandfather intended for the lad to guard his caravans. Instead, he was guarding his rival’s. Not quite what Reynhard had in mind, but it would do, as he struggled against opportunistic bandits and looters.  Around this time, he fell in with a fellow knight, Thomas of Sergio. The two of them made quite a pair, as Reynhard led them into job after job before they finally said their goodbyes.

Without his friend, Reynhard floundered for a bit and the quality of work he received was less than wonderful.  But every knight has his horse. After a small skirmish in which his horse was maimed, Reynhard sought to purchase a new one in a rather large village nearby.  Maelstrom was a proud mare, so named for her chaotic attitude. To some riders she took well, to others she would prefer to kick in the face. If a rider went without her for too long, she may have even hurt him as well.  But Reynhard and Maelstrom had a connection, and he purchased her. She has served him well ever since, a trusty and stalwart companion in the face of loneliness.

Reynhard is at the next stage of his life, looking for new work.  Work he can be proud of. Only the Gods of the Orders know if he is ready for it, though.

Intended Team: Team Sanctuary

Mount Name: Maelstrom
Mount Nickname: Mael
Mount Sex: Female
Mount Species: Horse
Mount Age: 13
Mound Appearance: A dark horse with a black mane.
Mount Personality: Fiery and belligerent to those who are not her owner and master.
Mount Relations: Reynhard - Owner
Mount Backstory: A horse with a fiery personality from a large village, sold to Reynhard when he was passing through.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I want to join this rp, but I have question before I attempt to join. Where do the battles take place? Do they take place here, or on another site or program?

Edited by Poimagic

The battles are going to be done both here and on roll20. Basically the gameplay is on roll20 but posting for characters still happens in the forum threads.

Anyways, here is my character:

Name: Ramona

Sex: F

Class: Mage

Appearance: Ramona has sea green eyes and a long tomato colored hair, usually kept up in a ponytail. Her skin is a dark peach color. She usually wears thin gray robes for school, while wearing simple dress clothes for outside of school. In Battle, she usually just puts a chest plate over her dress clothing and calls it good. A small pendant hangs around her neck, containing pictures of her family, which she looks at when she is homesick. She is rather weak, due to not exercising much. She is also a somewhat small, hitting 5’5” for height. 

Dispostion: She is rather cheery and sunny, with a very curious nature. She is only serious in two situations. One is when she is in a life and death situation. The other is when she is reading a good book, since she hates to be interrupted during a good read. 

Home town: Makarov

Backstory: Ramona grew up in Makarov, located in Neviskotia, having a rather great life. Her father was a great mage and scholar of a nearby magical college, known for churning out great mages in dark, Amina, and light magic. Her mother was a priestess of the church in the city. When she was around 14 yrs old, a married couple of Avians came to the city she lived in, near where she lived. Everyone else seemed to was rather nice to the avians, but not on the same level Ramona and her family did. Her mother had believed in absolute kindness, so, her and Ramona brought gifts every other day to the couple. As a result, they grew close. The couple also had a child with them, a boy named Reva, who was the same age as her. Reva was one of Ramona’s closest friends, and became the one whom Ramona had feelings for later one in her life. Ramona, her mom, and the avian couple grew so close that her mother let Ramona study with the avians about Avian culture and language. The avians agreed, since they wanted to talk about there old homeland.

The next four years of Ramona’s life were all about studying the avian culture. Every day, after school, she went over to the house to study the new culture. In the four years, she learned how to speak fluent avain, began to worship the god of mercy, and various other things, like the difference between a male and female avain, to the powerful military of the avians. She also learned why the couple leff their homeland. She learned that they left on purpose to travel the world and explore what lie ahead in this vast continent. All of the things she learned from the couple made her fascinated with avain culture and she wanted to learn more about them. These meetings also created another boon for Ramona. They strengthened her relationship with Reva, since the two hung out after these lessons. She even developed feelings for him that she thought would’ve been forbidden, and she still thinks to this day.

When she was 18, she enrolled for her fathers college, the one where he worked at. She intended to do dark as her main magic and animal as her secondary magic. She wasn’t doing light magic since everytime her father had cast it to show her how magic worked, it hurt her eyes and she didn’t like the idea of constantly turning away or closing her eyes if she cast it. When she started school, she found that dark magic was rather tough, since she found that the incantations were hard to say and to memorize, but she also found that it was hard to call upon dark magic without giving her opponent an opportunity to strike. But she loved the challenge it gave her, since school before was a cake walk for her. Anima magic was a breeze for her though, since she was casting the most basic anima magic at the beginning, and was casting advanced anima magic near the end of the year. This went on for three more years, with her learning more complicated magic on both anima and dark magic, with differing speeds on the rate she learned magic. Currently, by the four year, she is nearing the end of the year and is studying for a magic exam in   days so she can graduate in   days.

Intended Team: Team Valcyn

I hope this is okay 

Edited by Poimagic