Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't sprite animals, sorry lol

Small note: I restored my entire laptop yesterday so it's back to how it was in 2010 (so working, basically), but yeah, lot of things to redownload, like chat programs and the like, but my other data's in tact so no issues there. Anyway, just a brief explanation why I've been absent-ish.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Google Site: Well that took entirely too long but it was worth it. Probably. The site's some sort of presentable now. The OP now looks like this, but fret not, all the information is easy to get to. From now on I'll only be updating information in the OP and on the google site. Other places will be left alone for now. They're not really in the way, just ... there.

Home Bases: Haven't heard this term a lot in the RP, I bet. Anyway, I'm going to give a heads up on this to help ease the transition. One of my many long term goals with the update was to make slightly more episodic battles possible. The system we'll be using is much better for that by itself but there's more to this. For those reading Chapter 14 Fight, you probably noticed that Shiba and Freyya are basically establishing a small base in Kayoyama. It's not solely for them, though. The Kurosaki Inn is slated to be Team Sanctuary's home base in Kigen.

They'll be able to launch missions from two separate locations once Freyya finishes setting up its key functions. This serves one additional purpose, making roster changes quicker and easier. With a home base in the capital of Kigen, that can be warped to at almost any time, benching and recruiting characters will become much easier going forward, though the more traditional recruitments will probably still take place (on the road and such). At least, I think it's likely.

Team Valcyn's home base will be Weyland's Estate in Europa since they're the original party anyway and it's been acting as a kind of HQ from very early in the RP. Seems way too fitting to look for alternatives right now, though it may wind up taking more time to set up compared to Kurosaki Inn.

Anyway, that's the heads up about home bases and how they'll be introduced later down the line. The goals there are to make more episodic battles a thing and to make roster changes easier. The system handles more of the former while the bases handle all of the latter.

Edited by Phoenix

Note: There isn't going to be a stat battle until Team Sanctuary reaches Kigen or until Team Valcyn gets caught with their pants down. Whichever happens first. In the mean time we'll be doing test battles whenever there's time. My life's a bit silly right now but I'll try to find time here and there. December's kind of a lost cause though lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To our tacticians: I've got 220 points left for Jam. I want her to be a support role, help the warriors with boosts and items. Help me decide what to do.

1. Item Healer (Elixir + Revival potion + Provisions skill). I don't remember how many healers we have, but it wouldn't hurt to have another. Plus, current story events are opening an opportunity for Jam to grab some supplies.

2. More Orders/Tactics skills: I'm not sure how desperate we need move or defence boosts, but could be useful in a pinch.

3. Level up, armor?: Gotta keep her alive long enough to be useful.

Thoughts? 

All those are really good options. Looks like you've already spent 780pts, if you have 220 left. What'd you already spend them on? (Sounds like some levels + the mt orders, from what you've said.)

Level 7

Anima Sapping tome

Skill: Orders: Coordinate

Discipline: Practician

Basically, everything she had prior to update (with the exception of the enchanted headband, as that doesn't exist anymore)

Well, multiple Orders are always good. Investing in items is a good idea, too, I think. I think your level's fine, though. So, I'd do a combination of options 1 and 2. Mov's going to become handier than people yet realize, I think. That's my opinion, anyway.

Uhh... It was either brought belowdecks or is lashed onto the deck. Same with the horses, the poor things. Though, that sailor who asked about Malik might be the ship's surgeon or an assistant? Kind of funny how no one's asked yet. I don't see why Jam couldn't watch and learn from him, if he is, by the way, so that wouldn't stop her development as an item-based healer (which I think is a pretty great idea, by the way.)

Okay we've made enough progress to warrant a TS in Nine, so that'll happen once the current discussion in the meeting room wraps up. Unless there are other things people want to take care of 'live' then this TS is going to bring the group to Europa and finally to Day 67 (same day Fight is currently on ... yay finally catching up even though it's almost sunset on their end). Obviously any relevant retroes should be started asap. This TS is probably going to take me a day or two because there's some plot and exposition involved. Blame Raquel or Zerachiel, one of the two.