Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Also ... finished the naval ranks last night ... though I was in kind of a hurry so it's not totally consistent. I think it should work for now though. Also gave some naval boarding tactics explanation to go along with it just for the hell of it. I mean come on, army tactcis explanations and no navy tactics explanations? That's a bit bias no? Oh right, I've been up all night and am rambling. Sorry. I'll go play tekken now.

Gentleman's agreements are great for getting stuff done~

Edit: I seem to have unwittingly performed a page own. Go back to the last post if you're reading this, Furet.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rook Inquisition (apparently)

Synthia: Rook will probably get a response along the lines of "who the hell are you?" She would be willing to tell who she is, where she's from (Ursium), and why she's here (money), but if he tries flirting with her the conversation is pretty much over. She's suspicious of him in general.

Valter: Willing to make friendly chit-chat about most things. If Rook starts asking personal questions he'll clam up.

Katrina: Dead people is a bad topic, anything else is fair game. She will blab about pretty much anything. She's a mercenary from Lukin port in Neviskotia. (If there's something specific you want an answer to, just ask me)

EDIT: Lol, the site that had my rotating sigs apparently went down... fixing this now

Edited by roymbrog

Rookish inquisition :

Blake: he'll say that he's an Ursian mercenary, who traveled around a bit, mostly to fight people. If you ask about his past before that, he will tell you that it's nothing interesting.

Grant: will give some generalized history of himself, in the sense that he's a duelist by profession, and how he began to study ice magic. Discussion about some of the illegal arenas in the mainland is off-limits.

Edited by Snike

I did not expect a Rookish Inquisition

BUT IF I DID

Mushirah would possibly come off as overbearing if anything remotely geographical came out, stemming from just wanting to know, altogether friendlyish etc but recent deaths would be weird to her. Not unwilling to discuss it but weird all the same (tl;dr: she's hot so it's ok)

Aneda is all for whatever, possibly overbearing again, may not take kindly to unwanted advances (contact etc)

But that's if things happened. Back in my day, I didn't do ANYTHING, you kids are SPOILED.

Robin - He'd probably find out she's a huntress and would be open to talking on stuff, but also cagey and distant.

In general, Robin's probably going to keep to herself until after Zach finally talks to her. She won't likely approach people.

As for what little you'd find out of Rook; he's basically a merchant and fence who ran out of luck when his galleon burst. His extravagant stories around himself vary wildly depending on who he's talking to.

I'm bored as all get out, so bear with me ...

Retroactive Conversations 101

Welcome everyone. Today we'll be discussing the somewhat obscure art of 'retroactive conversation', also frequently referred to as 'retro convo' and the incredibly short yet obvious 'retro'. The purpose of a retro is to have events take place 'onscreen' despite the fact that they could have only taken place during a time skip. Retros are very useful for exploring a larger variety of topics (especially private ones), strengthening character bonds at convenient times outside of battle, mending old wounds and settling old grudges, and even sowing seeds of discord like a jackass. Retros also have the advantage of being canon which is easier to defend in the event of a 'silly argument'.

Reading all of this, you might now find yourself wanting to begin a retro of your own, but how do you do this? I'll tell you how. First you must look at your player character or 'PC' and determine who they would like to talk to, and what the topic of that exchange might be. If you find you have enough motivation on your PC's end, you should then seek out the role player for the character your PC wishes to converse with. Be sure to remain off any particular shit-lists and to mind your character separation (the ability not to mingle all of your beliefs and motives in with your PC's and essentially acting directly through them), as these can easily interfere with the establishment of a well-written retro, the only kind of retro that has any right to exist. Once you've made contact with the desired role player and exchanged relevant information about your respective characters and their motivations, you should begin building up the scenario in which the retro will take place. It is always good not to go into a retro with an inflexible outcome in mind, as even with only two role players and characters involved, a PC's true personality and motives can drastically alter the outcome of even the most well thought out expectations.

Now that you have established contact, exchanged relevant information, and laid out a scenario in which the retro can take place, one of the roleplayers should initiate it by starting a private message here on the boards. The message's title should be relevant to the retro conversation for posterity. The first message within the retro should be the scenario with the 'greeting character' (chosen by the role players during the scenario phase) written in normal posting format. The other participating role players post normally as if making chapter thread entries. This continues until everyone involved is satisfied and ready to conclude the retro. Once it is deemed finished, a volunteer is needed to compile and post the retro to the chapter thread.

That's it! Now you're ready to embark on your grand adventure that already happened! We'll see you again once you get back to the present~

Man, a battle when I won't have time for one ;__;

Also I'm done with retros. I just need to actually write a present post and post the retros (and catch up among other things, I've been busy this weekend)

Also, lol Phoenix-Sensei xD

Edited by roymbrog

ikr? I've been trying to get on, but the Mibbs is just being antisocial which is ironic since its a social networking...thing.

inb4 Pidgin or however you spell it.