Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Phee you're fast O___o

EDIT: Also, we have a problem with the battle in the retro and I kinda need to ask what we should do to fix it. There was a math mistake halfway through one of the matches that changes the outcome.

Edited by roymbrog

@ fast

Just happened to check back here the second you posted.

@ mistake

During a normal statfight, mistakes that are too far gone don't get corrected because it retcons too many posts from too many rpers in those cases. That's the only reason we leave them be. With duels, they're shorter so there's not too much to retcon. With that in mind, I'd say correct it, but only because it's sounding like a 1 on 1 duel and not a 20something on 30something battle.

Also unrelated, had a weird(aka normal) dream. I was watching Snike run around through these dark corridors being chased by a big low res yellow monster that was really fast for its size but still too slow to keep up with anyone who had the TOR sprint toggled on ... don't ask. Anyway there were these green mission area curtain things at each turn in the corridors and Snike kept luring the monster through them. I had no idea what was going on but he repeated this dozens of times until other rpers got involved running along with Snike as a group. Eventually the phrase 'now lure him the other way!' kept coming up. Eventually I got so tired of watching this play out that I went somewhere else. I ended up playing the Metal Gear Rising demo(trapped in the game) in my dreams and beating it, came back with Raiden's sword and challenged the thing. It knocked me around a bit and I couldn't keep up with everyone else because I couldn't use sprint in combat or whatever. So I eventually go into blade mode and chop the monster to bits ... very dramatic. Rest of the dream had something to do with Lilith but I don't remember the details.

Well the mistake was found by me just now when I was posting it after we had made about 20 more posts and another battle afterward. I guess we just assumed Zach used overcast on the last attack (which was hilarious because when I mentioned it a bit ago Eail was all "I DIDN'T KNOW HE COULD DO THAT" and stuff).

Ok, new thing. Or rather maybe old thing again.

I am going to try something.

*puts suggestions box on table*

Unless I have something specific in mind, I am going to write what people suggest. Just, as long as it's remotely possible and stuff.

What this means: If you want me to post something with a chance of being interesting at all, you should probably tell me. Given my track record it's unlikely to happen otherwise. Put it in chat, PM me, tell me on IRC, I don't care.

It'd be resolved before I even got back from work the next day (today).

That's because you didn't insert yourself(and note nothing's really resolved just yet). Rpers normally get opportunities to help out or influence situations, not mandates. If you were involved deeply enough, most scenarios wouldn't go very far without you. It's what I call being interaction locked in cases where it drags on for too long, but the alternative is always sitting on the sidelines. Which would you prefer, inconveniencing people for one day or never doing anything?

*puts suggestions box on table*

Valter--->Gabbie/Mao conversation--->Join--->Nao

Synthia--->Realization=Nothing to do--->Solution=Make inquiries--->Notes: Leave horse in care of trustworthy individual until inquiries are complete if necessary

EDIT:

Amendment:

Valter--->Take Luka--->Gabbie/Mao conversation--->Join--->Nao

Edited by Phoenix

I don't prefer either, I call it being unavailable to do anything because I had to be at work in the goddamn morning (9AM) and by the time I realized there was still anything to be done, it was 1230AM, meaning I'd have to half ass something just in order to get my foot in the door, and once I did get in, it would've have had 1 of 2 effects. 1: No outcome change or 2: Delayed outcome that pisses everyone off despite being urged to fucking do it.

Or as humans call it...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edit: Forgot to add, I really don't feel up to discussing this at length, at least not in public. I doubt people want more childish whining.

Edited by ReformBlade

I'll keep this brief then.

Stop focusing on these negative outcomes. If this is all you ever come up with when evaluating a situation,

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

then how are you ever going to produce anything different? I'm just going to bluntly suggest that you actually work to change your outlook so you can make the most of these opportunities, or consider quitting(because I won't be convinced you're actually enjoying the rp at this point, and so what is point?). Just sitting on the sidelines constantly complaining about what you don't have time to do is a complete and slightly ironic waste of time. Instead why don't you spend that time looking at your options and working out a plan to buy yourself the time you need to post once a day? If you need a summary and context and really are busy as hell, then just ask. I don't mind helping out rpers who are actually trying.

So joy of joys, the fire alarm in the dorm went off at 1:30am last night. Roy has 5 hours of sleep and classes pretty straight from 10am to 9pm. Today will be fun. If I don't get on IRC tonight, yeah.

I had an exam at 8 in the morning. It was accounting. Went okay.

Had another exam at 2, was about music history.

Fucking failed that and am pissed. So bad day.

Gonna listen to Nyanners now.