Lunatic Playthrough - Fighter My Unit

Here we go kids. I pondered on this for a long time, and I always wanted to finish a commentary play through. When I did Shadow Dragons, I had the misfortune of my mother's computer puking on me, so I was unable to even finish the play through. This time, though, I have my own computer. I also have a headset for the 360 (and a wired controller to boot). Not that this increases my voice volume with Hypercam much, but it at least makes me sound somewhat clear. Hopefully with Audacity I can cover both the game's music and my voice. Guess we'll see later. These were done with Hypercam 2, which is "okay" with the video quality at least. The main gripe I have with it is the volume output (come on you seriously can't tell me you can't record from what the speakers have and my voice!?!), but aside from that it does the job. You will likely need headphones to hear me, so please use them! Here's to hoping that I can finish this damned playthrough, fix the volume for my commentary, crank up from the monotony, and get views and comments and what not. Hope you enjoy these!

So let's cover The Grounds:

- Lunatic Playthrough, assuming H1 is completed (note: technically I do have stat boosters unlocked)

- Male Reclass Limits Removed.

- NO Extra Stat Boosters. I merely want to assume that Male Class is removed.

- Rainbow Potion ALLOWED. I have 77 uses to cover 30? Chapters. That's 2.56 uses per chapter. We can probably axe Chapter 6X and Final, which brings it to 2.75. So I'm going to make use of it here and there or note what results can come from the use of it.

- Real-Time Clock NOT ALLOWED. Too much... random.

- Aside from Rainbow Potion, Wi-Fi Shop is NOT ALLOWED.

- Efficient, of course

My Unit - In Detail

Sex - Male

Name - Default

Type - Fighter

Past - Orphan [孤児] +2 Str / Mag, +5% Str / Mag

Present - Strong [強さ] +2 HP, +20% HP

Future - Honorable [栄誉者] +15% Spd / Skl

Base Stats

26 HP | 11 Str | 2 Mag | 6 Skl | 7 Spd | 3 Luck | 3 Def | 0 Res

Growths

120% HP | 70% Str | 5% Mag | 70% Skl | 55% Spd | 60% Luck | 25% Def | 0% Res

By the way, if I were to make one change here, it would be that I would've chosen Kind [優しさ] (+1 Def / +5% Def growth) instead of Strong. Aside from that, it is a pretty good build. Looks like I can only have 1 Media File per post... fuck.

The Playlist

Is right here!

Table of Contents

The Turncounts

P-1 - 3/3  C1 - 9/46  C7 - 5/105  C13 - 8/146  C19 - 12/195
P-2 - 3/6  C2 - 7/53   C8 - 4/109  C13X - 3/149
P-3 - 4/10  C3 - 17/70  C9 - 7/116  C14 - 10/159
P-4 - 5/15  C3X - 6/76  C10 - 5/121  C15 - 7/166
P-5 - 5/20  C4 - 7/83  C10X - 1/122  C16 - 6/172
P-6 - 3/23  C5 - 10/93  C11 - 9/131  C16X - 2/174
P-7 - 4/27  C6 - 6/99  C12 - 7/138  C17 - 6/180
P-8 - 10/37  C6X - 1/100  C18 - 3/183

The Resources

Master Seal - My Unit
Master Seal - Luke
Master Seal - Palla
Master Seal - Shiida
Master Seal - Merric
Master Seal - Malliesia
Seraph Robe - Minerva
Seraph Robe - Shiida
Seraph Robe -  
Arms Scroll - Sirius (B Bows)
Arms Scroll - Catria (B Swords)
Arms Scroll - Malliesia (C Tomes)
Speedwing - Minerva
Speedwing - Sirius
Speedwing - Palla
Energy Drop - Minerva
Energy Drop - Shiida
Goddess Icon - Sirius
Goddess Icon - 
Dracoshield - My Unit
Dracoshield - 
Secret Book - Sold
Secret Book - Sold
Spirit Dust - Merric
Spirit Dust - Malliesia
Spirit Dust - Malliesia

Maturity Drop - Frey

Rainbow Potion

Chapter 1 - My Unit
Chapter 2 - My Unit
Chapter 3 - My Unit, Catria
Chapter 3X - Arran
Chapter 4 - My Unit, Catria
Chapter 5 - My Unit, Sirius
Chapter 6 - Palla, Sirius, Catria
Chapter 7 - Sirius, My Unit
Chapter 8 - Palla
Chapter 10 - Palla (on accident), Luke, Shiida
Chapter 11 - Palla, Minerva, Sirius
Chapter 12 - Sirius, Luke
Chapter 13 - Palla, Minerva, Shiida
Chapter 14 - Shiida, Palla, Catria, Minerva
Chapter 15 - Minerva, Sirius, Luke?
Chapter 16 - Minerva, Palla
Chapter 16X - My Unit, Palla, Sirius
Chapter 17 - Sirius, Palla, Shiida, Minerva
Chapter 18 - Sirius
Chapter 19 - Minerva, Sirius

Prologue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJrIOJC3dSU

Turns - 3/3

The things to note for this chapter is that the +2 Str is highly recommended. This and the Spd growth in particular, which will hopefully help me out later on. +2 Str allows me to 2HKO Jagen at base. With a Vulnerary use, I can 3 Turn this map easily. So of course I chose it.

My Unit (2.55) - 28 HP | 12 Str | 2 Mag | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 3 Luck | 3 Def | 0 Res

Edited by Colonel M

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKk4U974k4

Turns - 3/6

With a 70% chance to proc Str after a level up, this map can be breezed in 3 Turns. Doesn't even require a Vulnerary use!

My Unit (3.35) - 29 HP | 12 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res
Ryan (1.20)

Edited by Tyranel M

Prologue 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN722z-TywE

Turns - 4/10

The Fighter can have 31 HP, so if you were unlucky with Str, reset. Though if you were unlucky at this point, I'd have to question how much the RNG hates you. Note that Turn 3 has to be exactly like so. My Unit, at that health, can be KOed by Caeda and it's not worth wasting a Vulnerary. Luke needs that Iron Lance too, so be sure to have Rody and Luke switch. The final turn pends on what happened. My Unit should try to get a level up in this map to help guarantee the +2 Str.

My Unit (4.15) - 31 HP | 13 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res
Luke (2.01) - 21 HP | 8 Str | 0 Mag | 5 Skl | 7 Spd | 5 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Rody (1.10)
Ryan (1.41)

Edited by Tyranel M

Prologue 4 - Athena Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTaEAnmp9o

Turns - 5/15

This is the first map you fall behind on the Armor Knight's turncount. Athena Route isn't easy for My Unit Fighter, but if he procs his 2 Str points, he should be raring to go (ffs he has a 70% Str growth and 3 levels. He should have it). If not, hope to God that Luke got a Str point. Don't follow what I did with Ryan here on Turn 3 and 4. He should actually snipe the Mercenary so that he can harm Athena on Turn 5 as well. If you fail to get 2 Str procs and don't want to reset, then you'll have to cower with Caeda in the corner.

My Unit (4.25) - 31 HP | 13 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res
Luke (3.73) - 22 HP | 8 Str | 0 Mag | 6 Skl | 8 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Rody (1.40)
Ryan (2.11) - 19 HP | 7 Str | 0 Mag | 4 Skl | 5 Spd | 4 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Caeda (4.79)
WRYS (3.68)

Edited by Tyranel M

Prologue 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abrORkTyfqM

Just to clarify what I said. For Turn 1 to work, you need either one of these:

- Ryan procs a Spd point (50% chance)

- The Hunter has 7 AS

- The Bandit has 2 Def

If either of the top conditions are met, Ryan can chip at the Bandit and anyone can finish it off. If; however, neither of the above conditions are met (so the Bandit has 3 Def), then Ryan has to retreat on Turn 2 to the corner like I demonstrated. Aside from that, the map does require a little thinking to 5 Turn it, but it definitely works well. Pity that the Bandit near My Unit didn't proc a Def point or a Res point, so Merric got a free kill. Ah well, Luke gets a crapload of EXP in this chapter anyway.

My Rody must be cursing me or something. What's up with the 6's everywhere!?!

My Unit (4.55) - 31 HP | 13 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res
Luke (4.85) - 23 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Rody (2.06) - 21 HP | 6 Str | 0 Mag | 6 Skl | 6 Spd | 6 Luck | 6 Def | 0 Res
Ryan (2.51) - 19 HP | 7 Str | 0 Mag | 4 Skl | 5 Spd | 4 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Caeda (5.09) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 7 Skl | 16 Spd | 13 Luck | 7 Def | 6 Res
Athena (10.39)
Merric (10.32)

Prologue 6 - Draug Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVH00XyxXI

Turns - 3/23

If My Unit hasn't at least proc'd a Str point, something must be wrong. He should likely have 2, so killing Draug with the Steel Axe should be no problem whatsoever. If Luke hasn't stayed steady with his Str growth, you may have to field Athena or have Cecil take the Mage kill (the horror!).

My Unit (5.39) - 32 HP | 14 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 9 Spd | 5 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res
Luke (5.39) - 24 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Caeda (5.19) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 7 Skl | 16 Spd | 13 Luck | 7 Def | 6 Res
Merric (10.65)
Wrys (4.53)
Cecil (3.40)

Well, after 6 posts in a row, I think I should warrent some feedback on this runthrough. As a note, I disagree that armor is best, because I can say honestly that the armor can measurably cost you turns. It's incredibly easy, but you can go faster.

Looking at your playthrough, I have to wonder why you went Athena route, when you can do George's in 4 turns(of which I have done, and can do with the female myrm as well). That, and it's just simpler. I also recall Ogma/Draug's map being doable in 2 turns.

Which route you going between Est and Kain? I'd suggest Kain's, because Est is just weirdly positioned, and Kain therefore is easier to take out before the turn reinforcements show up.

Edited by Amaterasu

Looking at your playthrough, I have to wonder why you went Athena route, when you can do George's in 4 turns(of which I have done, and can do with the female myrm as well). That, and it's just simpler. I also recall Ogma/Draug's map being doable in 2 turns.

P-5 would be rather awkward, and I wouldn't know how to set up the boss kill in 5 turns with Gordin. Guess it's doable, but Athena is more useful in the end of the day. ORKOing Hunters up close helps a lot.

Doing Draug / Ogma map in 2 Turns... not seeing it. First off, you have to kill both Soldiers I believe. Secondly, you have to survive the Steel Bow Archer (or Mage) + Draug. I don't think any unit can realistically do that. Then if you leave a Soldier alive he's just one more to the "hey I can be killed" recipe. At least, I'm not seeing how Draug's is done in 2 Turns.

Ogma's? Hm, maybe with AK MU, but not sure on that one either. :/

Which route you going between Est and Kain? I'd suggest Kain's, because Est is just weirdly positioned, and Kain therefore is easier to take out before the turn reinforcements show up.

It's shown in the last video, but anyhow I am taking Cain's route. Est has some really nasty opponents on top of herself (holy shit @ 22 Atk Mercenaries). The reinforcements are even worse since they're Fighters and one of them even has a Hand Axe. Brutal.

P-5 would be rather awkward, and I wouldn't know how to set up the boss kill in 5 turns with Gordin. Guess it's doable, but Athena is more useful in the end of the day. ORKOing Hunters up close helps a lot.

You'd be surprised what little difference it actually makes. Athena's contributions are only measurable on the first turn as she helps gum down an enemy for another unit to pick off, but is too weak to do it again unless healed after taking a hit. While with Gordon it's true that someone else has to take the initial hit, he still helps gum something down the next shot so someone is still nabbing a kill without a counter. The difference is merely who takes the initial hit. That, and Gordon can help act as a wall against the hunters since he can counter back and doesn't get doubled. Added benefit: Requires no need of Ryan to proc anything, since he'll never actually be forced to take combat from the hunters. However, it's still an added benefit if he does.

As for P-5, the idea is basically this. Turn 1, have people be ready to intercept the first 2 bandits, preferrably MU and Shiida. Try for positions that have the Hunters spread themselves out, and have Wrys whoever is in need to it while having him in range of 1 of the hunters (or rather, ensure that only 1 can target him, since they will always go for him as priority. Luckily, he can survive them at base). I think it takes 5 turns. In fact, I'm positive. So basically we save a turn going George's route over Athena's, we don't waste any turns in P-5, and in exchange we get Gordon making getting Ogma an easier task (Pull the archer to the riverside with Cecile while she trades the steelwares, which next turn Shiida flies on top of the river to attack the archer and a range unit finishes it off. This way, she pulls in Ogma and counters him, having him next ot the river AND the bridge so he can be shot at 2 angles. Basically, you want to do the exact opposite of what you did against Draug). Ogma fills the void of whatever would make Athena special in P-6 or 7 (with the added benefit of helping Gordon perform better after prologue since you have him on your immediate team AND helping Ogma try to get a level, since proc'ing speed allows him the ability to double pirates in chapter 4).

In short, Athena's not as helpful as she seems, and only serves to suck later when you could have 2 units be better early on in the game.

Doing Draug / Ogma map in 2 Turns... not seeing it. First off, you have to kill both Soldiers I believe. Secondly, you have to survive the Steel Bow Archer (or Mage) + Draug. I don't think any unit can realistically do that. Then if you leave a Soldier alive he's just one more to the "hey I can be killed" recipe. At least, I'm not seeing how Draug's is done in 2 Turns.

Yeah, probably just me remembering wrong then. Been a while since anyone discussed this game after all. Me, SDS and dondon are pretty much the only guys who know the thorough ins and outs of this game.

Ogma's? Hm, maybe with AK MU, but not sure on that one either. :/

Can be done with Fighter or even Myrm, and it can be done in 3 turns. In fact, Ogma's map I would venture is a flat out no-go for the armor. Axers spot the bridge, and they're a bit more killface than loldiers.

It's shown in the last video, but anyhow I am taking Cain's route. Est has some really nasty opponents on top of herself (holy shit @ 22 Atk Mercenaries). The reinforcements are even worse since they're Fighters and one of them even has a Hand Axe. Brutal.

Sounds wise to me. But here's the key to Kain's map: You shouldn't let the reinforcements show up in the first place. If you do, you're pretty much toast anyways cause Kain moves that turn, and Kain don't fuck around.

As a note, I heard you seethe at Cecile's bases. Yes, her starting durability is pretty ew, but 3 levels and a Rainbow Potion use is all it takes to get her going once you're out of prologue. Me and dondon both got her...I believe it was either 3 or 5 levels before we left prologue without wasting turns. I think it was 3 levels. 21 HP, 11 speed, with Rainbow Potion boosting her defense to 7 (just baaaaarely helping her avoid getting ORKOd), she can not only survive, but with 13 AS she can double some things. Her start is rocky no doubt, but it pays off by having another mobile person be able to doubles early on, an of course comes with the benefit of being able to use the Lady Sword early on. I wouldn't use her if you're using Myrm MU since MU would make Cecile redundant, but for anyone else I would recommend if they're willing to give her some EXP (of which as shown can pay off early, and helps her in the future as a fully functional combatant). I won't say she's amazing, but she's usable. Certainly more usable than Rody. I'd take 9 speed with a slightly rocky start over being completely ass like Roddy is.

I'm pretty sure Athena can ORKO Bandits in P-8 and Ogma can't or something (she has a 2 atk lead, might be 3 but I'm pretty sure you need A to get +1 atk when you have WTA).

Also, Fighter better than Knight?

Hello, ladies, look at your unit, now back to me, now back at your unit, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using fighter/pirate and switched to knight/cav, he could play like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a map with the unit your unit could play like. What’s in your inventory, back at me. I have it, it’s a forge with dragonslayers for that chapter you hate. Look again, the weapons are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your unit smells like knight/cav and not a lady. I’m on a horse.

tl;dr enjoy your plebeian 6 move among other things

Edited by Paperblade

I'm pretty sure Athena can ORKO Bandits in P-8 and Ogma can't or something (she has a 2 atk lead, might be 3 but I'm pretty sure you need A to get +1 atk when you have WTA).

*Double-checks stats* Well I'll be damned, she can...If she actually had A rank. She has B rank. Unless she got 2 Str procs (bahahahaaa), what you state actually seems quite impossible. I'd vouch then for P-8 that she's basically no better than Ogma.

Also, Fighter better than Knight?

Hello, ladies, look at your unit, now back to me, now back at your unit, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using fighter/pirate and switched to knight/cav, he could play like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a map with the unit your unit could play like. What’s in your inventory, back at me. I have it, it’s a forge with dragonslayers for that chapter you hate. Look again, the weapons are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your unit smells like knight/cav and not a lady. I’m on a horse.

Was it really necessary to be not funny during your listing of reasons? If I said fighter is better than knight, I probably had a bit of a brain fart because now thinking about it,armor MU would probably be better during parts lke the dragon valley, though spear classes suck lategame imo.

Probably one of the more frustrating things to deal with until you get access to Dracoknight. Personally though, I probably prefer Myrmidon. Much like the armor, there are certain stats she doesn't have to worry about so she can focus more on her weak spots for when she transitions into cav after prologue. Probably not as defensive, but as a cav she can manage some 3HKOs, AND probably has better offense against the likes of the majority axe users of earlygame, along with access (and probably outright claim) to the Lady Sword.

I'm going to venture though that the myrm thing is going to be one of those "One of those things GJ's too stubborn to back down on despite hte fact everyone disagrees with him" sort of thing, but feel free to give it a spin...I actually forget what the build is specifically...I think it was +2 Str, +2 HP, +Def growth.

Edited by Amaterasu

Prologue 7 - Cain Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_A8uDgJCWU

Turns - 4/27

CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE?

I DON'T KNOW CAN YOU?

I THINK YOU CAN NOW!

Anyway, to the playthrough. Was rather shocked that I could 4 Turn this map. I remember before cowering in fear against it, though I guess I wasn't as smart with the enemy AI. The Myrmidion should at least be 2HKOed by Steel Sword Athena. Make sure he has 3 Def or 31 HP. Either of those will do. The real nail-biting moment is probably Turn 3 Enemy Phase when Draug has to make sure he can hit Cain. I wouldn't try MU in his place since his accuracy is worse. @_@; Though, I will admit the Fighter MU did help a bit this chapter. Saving me a Fire tome use is nice, and he's the best unit to take on that shitty Armor Knight that Merric weakened.

My Unit (6.26) - 33 HP | 15 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 10 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Caeda (5.80) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 7 Skl | 16 Spd | 13 Luck | 7 Def | 6 Res
Merric (10.96) - 24 HP | 0 Str | 7 Mag | 6 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 5 Res
Wrys (4.87)
Athena (10.77)
Draug (6.71)

Edited by Tyranel M

You've obviously never seen an Old Spice commercial before.

*Looks at tag below avatar, looks at signature, then looks at you with disbelief that you don't notice it's all a slight parody of an old spice commercial*

CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE?

I DON'T KNOW CAN YOU?

I THINK YOU CAN NOW!

Yeah yeah, you're loud and clear, now chill out.

Anyway, to the playthrough. Was rather shocked that I could 4 Turn this map. I remember before cowering in fear against it, though I guess I wasn't as smart with the enemy AI. The Myrmidion should at least be 2HKOed by Steel Sword Athena. Make sure he has 3 Def or 31 HP. Either of those will do. The real nail-biting moment is probably Turn 3 Enemy Phase when Draug has to make sure he can hit Cain. I wouldn't try MU in his place since his accuracy is worse. @_@; Though, I will admit the Fighter MU did help a bit this chapter. Saving me a Fire tome use is nice, and he's the best unit to take on that shitty Armor Knight that Merric weakened.

My Unit (6.26) - 33 HP | 15 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 10 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Caeda (5.80) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 7 Skl | 16 Spd | 13 Luck | 7 Def | 6 Res
Merric (10.96) - 24 HP | 0 Str | 7 Mag | 6 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 5 Res
Wrys (4.87)
Athena (10.77)
Draug (6.71)

I'm surprised you found Draug necessary, though that was a good use of him. Then again, your Luke was pretty badly boned, so I can't really blame you.

I also remember being able to finish this before the reinforcements came out (And I felt so metal). Wrys wasn't necessary either. Then again, I was using Ogma, and looking over your strat for Kain's chapter, it seemed Wrys healing Shiida was pretty necessary (I recall being able to have a free turn letting Shiida heal on a fortress, and I also forget if Kain's willing to attack on enemy phase before turn 3, but I know for a fact it was done in 3 turns, and it involved Ogma and Shiida whittling Kain with Luke finishing him off, and that I didn't need to have Wrys on my team.

@Paperblade: Ohhhh, that commercial. My bad, completely forgot about it.

...Still like the other commercials better.

Edited by Amaterasu

;_;

So I think I can clear this in 10 Turns like the Armor Knight. I haven't gone through full force quite yet, but from what I gather, it looks like Fighter MU is definitely going to help a lot. Here's a couple of reasons why:

1) Steel Sword Cain + Fighter MU can finish an enemy. In some cases it takes a Str proc with Iron Axe, but Steel Axe is a definite. Sadly there aren't many allies that can do 14 damage on these guys (well, I guess Luke is close).

2) OHKOing Mages.

I will be splitting the movie into 2 Parts I think, taking Part 2 strictly from the save spot that's in the middle. This will give me time to think about the actions to take on the last couple of turns. If I can get further on the testing and hashing, maybe I'll skip over it, but I'd rather pull the "better safe than sorry" card, if you know what I mean.

As for losing out... we'll see I guess. I'm pretty sure in the end I will to the AK after Prologue. Pirate will at least help since I can cheat by climbing over the Rivers and Lakes and Oceans, which are plentiful in a lot of chapters. The one thing that helps is that Rescue is gone, which is one of the prime reasons a horse was so useful (obviously Move is another, but that's knocking down a huge advantage that horses normally have). The 6 Mov only has to last me until he promotes, which he'll have C Lances (what's up Arms Scroll) and be able to keep at neutral with the weapon triangle versus the Bandits midgame. Hell, while it's probably not possible, I almost wonder if I can get C Lances during Chapters 9 and 10, since 10 only takes a reclass to Paladin for +Res, and with MU's high HP growth he should be more than fine. I could at least last without a dragon forge until Chapter 11... maybe... (I mean I still have Caeda and Catria and Sirius). It'd be nice at least so that I can use the Arms Scroll in other places *cough Swords or Bows cough*.

Well, I won't be able to naturally double the Bandits in Chapter 1, and I sure as hell doubt I can get to 15 AS in Chapter 2. Ah well, at least I'll hit as hard as a truck could. EDIT: Ah wait... Rainbow Poiton. I almost forgot that. >=D

Ah well, enough rambling. I have to go do stuff today, so hopefully I can record this shit tonight and get on with the story! Woohoo story...

Edited by Tyranel M

I haven't really seen a real video playthrough of FE12 Lunatic(haven't checked Paperblade's vids yet), but still, keep up the good work! Oh, and I subscribed to you on YouTube, just so I can see your Lunatic videos, because I think they are very entertaining.

I haven't really seen a real video playthrough of FE12 Lunatic(haven't checked Paperblade's vids yet), but still, keep up the good work! Oh, and I subscribed to you on YouTube, just so I can see your Lunatic videos, because I think they are very entertaining.

Some of the shit I did was hilariously dumb in retrospect (for example, I used AIM's dice-rolling mechanic in a chat room to make my MU), but I didn't know any better.

There's also a few videos where I screwed up my editting (put in a video from a failed attempt, forgot to put part of it in).

CM's run will likely be much... better.

CM's run will likely be much... better.

Hey man, don't sell yourself short. You blitzed through Lunatic blindly with a Female Mage MU. That's still pretty damn awesome in my book.

Thanks for the comments so far. I appreciate the views!

Edited by Tyranel M

Some of the shit I did was hilariously dumb in retrospect (for example, I used AIM's dice-rolling mechanic in a chat room to make my MU), but I didn't know any better.

To be fair your run was back when we didn't really know what we were doing very well. However, you did pick Mage MU, which was essentially staffbot.

Edited by General Spoon

Yeah, probably just me remembering wrong then. Been a while since anyone discussed this game after all. Me, SDS and dondon are pretty much the only guys who know the thorough ins and outs of this game.

No, you can't 2 turn P6 either Ogma or Draug on Lunatic or Lunatic'. And maybe you should avoid making arrogant claims while at the same time making wrong statements and poor theorycrafting.

In fact, Ogma's map I would venture is a flat out no-go for the armor. Axers spot the bridge, and they're a bit more killface than loldiers.
I've 3 turned P6 vs Ogma with an armor knight on Lunatic and Lunatic'. I find this extra ironic as I know you've read and posted in the Lunatic Reverse General Discussion where I already stated that it's possible. Yet you seem to have forgotten. Care to make any more "ventures"?

Anyway, decent turn counts considering you're using fighter and not knight. If you were playing Lunatic' you'd have to go knight if you wanted reasonable turn counts, as fighter MU just gets demolished every time he takes a swing.

No, you can't 2 turn P6 either Ogma or Draug on Lunatic or Lunatic'. And maybe you should avoid making arrogant claims while at the same time making wrong statements and poor theorycrafting.

How am I theorycrafting? I already admitted I remembered wrong, it's been a while.

I've 3 turned P6 vs Ogma with an armor knight on Lunatic and Lunatic'. I find this extra ironic as I know you've read and posted in the Lunatic Reverse General Discussion where I already stated that it's possible. Yet you seem to have forgotten. Care to make any more "ventures"?

Well gee, sorry I don't read over your topic over and over to remember every minute post I made in it, it's been a while dude. Chill out.

Anyway, decent turn counts considering you're using fighter and not knight. If you were playing Lunatic' you'd have to go knight if you wanted reasonable turn counts, as fighter MU just gets demolished every time he takes a swing.

I can tell you already Colonel that this is a baldfaced lie. Bold a statement that s to just make about a quote, but I can say Armor isn't "required". How is it you have any nerve to call me the arrogant one when you make statements like that? Have you actually tried fighter MU? A tank isn't required in this game to have reasonable turncounts. It's certainly nice, but it's not required. Yes, I know YOU managed good turncounts with one, still doesn't mean it's required.

This is looking good. I played Lunatic with a Fighter (+2 skl/spd, +2 HP, and + def growth) and so far I'm in chapter 1 giving up since the enemies are too tough for my other units except Draug, MU, and Luke. Well until the game comes out here, whenever that happens, I will be watching and following your PT :B):

I can tell you already Colonel that this is a baldfaced lie. Bold a statement that s to just make about a quote, but I can say Armor isn't "required". How is it you have any nerve to call me the arrogant one when you make statements like that? Have you actually tried fighter MU? A tank isn't required in this game to have reasonable turncounts. It's certainly nice, but it's not required. Yes, I know YOU managed good turncounts with one, still doesn't mean it's required.

mje's very first playthrough was with a Fighter MU. In fact, his guide was written with Fighter MU in mind.