Lunatic Playthrough - Fighter My Unit

mje's very first playthrough was with a Fighter MU. In fact, his guide was written with Fighter MU in mind.

Hm...*Adjust tie, clears throat* Well pardon my rudeness then. Agan, it's been a while, some things slip through memory when it's been like half a year sine anyone's talked about this game.

...I still say armor isn't "required", but whatever.

That and come on, was his first playthrough. Surely he could make some improvement with fighter MU play since he knows more about the game after some experience.

Edited by Amaterasu

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue 8, Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ANIUx0Zvk

Turns - 10/37

That miss

Was the absolute

Worst luck

Ever.

You have to act like a boat; sway back and forth. Don't even cower in fear of using Vulneraries. Just go all out on them. Cain is definitely the right choice of a unit here. Being able to take 2 hits from just about any combination is devastating. Furthermore, I would've looked for a 13 AS Levin Sword Thief (if I only got 1). I got lucky with having both of them I guess. I wouldn't completely underestimate Fighter MU. His lower Def helps draw in hits when necessary, and his brute Str allows him to net 2HKO ranges with Cain. He even OHKOes the Mages which is a blessing from above. Also pay close attention to the Hunter on the right. It'd be best if he has 9 AS or Athena proc'd Spd once. Whichever happens.

Marth (7.47) - 27 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 11 Skl | 11 Spd | 10 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
My Unit (7.50) - 35 HP | 16 Str | 2 Mag | 9 Skl | 10 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Luke (7.49) - 25 HP | 11 Str | 0 Mag | 10 Skl | 9 Spd | 8 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res
Cain (9.83) -
Wrys (6.38) - Who cares?
Merric (11.99) - 25 HP | 0 Str | 7 Mag | 6 Skl | 10 Spd | 7 Luck | 8 Def | 5 Res
Caeda (6.??) - 21 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 17 Spd | 13 Luck | 7 Def | 6 Res
Athena (12.10) - 26 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 13 Skl | 14 Spd | 8 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res

Edited by Tyranel M

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNIYRgrwbvw

Thankfully Caeda proc'd that extra Spd point again (though granted there's a 90% chance of having +2 Spd, holy shit at a 95% Spd growth), so I was just able to recover the miss and hit the goal of a 10 Turn clear. Talk about biting it close. Also I realize 1) the Str proc wasn't necessary and 2) Caeda probably deserved the kill, but Marth was too weak in health to really weaken it for her. I guess I must've mistreated Merric or something. He got really pissed at his Thief. I do notice that I say "Like I said" a bit too much, so I'll work on removing that statement from my vocabulary. Or at least using it constantly.

So at the end of the day, I was able to keep the same turncounts as dondon151 and his Armor Knight My Unit. I must say... I'm rather impressed at myself.

Edited by Tyranel M

How am I theorycrafting? I already admitted I remembered wrong, it's been a while.
Your theorycrafting would be your various ill formed and ill informed "ventures".
I can tell you already Colonel that this is a baldfaced lie. Bold a statement that s to just make about a quote, but I can say Armor isn't "required". How is it you have any nerve to call me the arrogant one when you make statements like that? Have you actually tried fighter MU? A tank isn't required in this game to have reasonable turncounts. It's certainly nice, but it's not required. Yes, I know YOU managed good turncounts with one, still doesn't mean it's required.
I was talking about Lunatic Reverse. Lunatic Reverse is an english term given to the mode that has no relation to the official name of it, which is just Lunatic with an apostrophe at the end of it, or Lunatic'. But I figured someone who "is one of the only 3 who knows the thorough ins and outs of this game" would understand what I was talking about. Apparently not. Edited by mjemirzian

Your theorycrafting would be your various ill formed and ill informed "ventures".

No please, specify.

I was talking about Lunatic Reverse. Lunatic Reverse is an english term given to the mode that has no relation to the official name of it, which is just Lunatic with an apostrophe at the end of it, or Lunatic'. But I figured someone who "is one of the only 3 who knows the thorough ins and outs of this game" would understand what I was talking about. Apparently not.

*Looks at topic name, sees that it's not that mode* Well gee, I'm sorry I wasn't able to read your mind to figure you were talking about a mode that he's not playing and you NEVER SPECIFIED. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't act like I don't know what Lunatic Reverse is.

As a note Colonel, while defending the initial rush, you should have made use of the throne more often when you had some units retreat. Yeah, you sort of forget it recovers health because you never actually have a throne to use like that, eh? Would have helped save you a couple of vulnery uses.

Edited by Amaterasu

As a note Colonel, while defending the initial rush, you should have made use of the throne more often when you had some units retreat. Yeah, you sort of forget it recovers health because you never actually have a throne to use like that, eh? Would have helped save you a couple of vulnery uses.

After this map, Vulneraries are pretty mediocre. I guess I could've used the throne a little wiser, but I think it would barely matter in some scenarios.

After this map, Vulneraries are pretty mediocre. I guess I could've used the throne a little wiser, but I think it would barely matter in some scenarios.

Perhaps I'm just meticulous in that way. Anyways, now that you're in chapter 1, I think it might be a tad annoying that you kinda got a semi-screwed Luke there. If he got the speed he needed, with Rainbow Potion he could go Merc if he wanted and perform wonderfully.

No, you can't 2 turn P6 either Ogma or Draug on Lunatic or Lunatic'. And maybe you should avoid making arrogant claims while at the same time making wrong statements and poor theorycrafting.

Yeah, I really only know the ins and outs of this game up until like, chapter 6. I never played past there.

Perhaps I'm just meticulous in that way. Anyways, now that you're in chapter 1, I think it might be a tad annoying that you kinda got a semi-screwed Luke there. If he got the speed he needed, with Rainbow Potion he could go Merc if he wanted and perform wonderfully.

Myrmidion misses a ORKO by like a digit or 2. I mean, if I really wanted to be picky about it I could just use the potion there or on Merc.

Since its the weekend I might not be able to record. After all, my brother is a retard...

Edited by Tyranel M

Chapter 1, Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS0k1sqP1j0

Turns - 9/46

Gold - 6670

Obtained

Javelin x3
Hand Axe x2
Vulnerary x2 (1 has 2 uses)
Mend
Bullion (5000)

Reclassed

My Unit - Pirate
Arran - General
Luke - Myrmidion
Cecil - Mage
Gordin - Hunter
Rody - Curate

Note: Used Rainbow Potion on My Unit.

FINALLY, we get on with the damned scheduled program. We find out Lawrence has gone traitor. Guess the eyepatch was something to watch out for over the year. And, somehow, it absorbed enough energy to make Lawrence... good? While it seems crazy, it is very possible to defeat Lawrence. 42 HP | 11 Def is a tough nut to crack though, and as you will see in Part 2, Marth is borderline OHKOed.

In Part 1 we take care of the stuff on the southern end of the fort. We have 6 Bandits and a Hunter to take care of. Oh, and a Levin Thief reinforcement. Make sure you have someone hit where the Thief spawned to obtain a Bullion (5000)!

The Armory has 2 ranged weapons in this chapter. I decide to go light this time and pick up 3 Javelins and 2 Hand Axes. The only unit that can use Hand Axe is MU anyway, and you can buy them from the other chapter's armories as well. 3 is the next one, which offers Steel weaponry with the 2 range weapons.

Also note that the sound quality might be a little... odd. This is because I had to keep it down (I was recording this at 1:00 AM). This video is also in two parts.

Marth (7.90)
My Unit (8.25) - 32 HP | 17 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 13 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Arran (3.35)
Draug (7.26) - 22 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 6 Skl | 12 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Gordin (5.87)
Cecil (3.40)
Luke (8.18) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 18 Skl | 15 Spd | 8 Luck | 6 Def | 1 Res
Rody (2.91)
Ryan (2.91)
Malliesia (2.02) - 17 HP | 0 Str | 2 Mag | 1 Skl | 4 Spd | 13 Luck | 1 Def | 5 Res

Edited by Tyranel M

Chapter 1, Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-JeJuf-1J8

Oh man I didn't think I would be able to kill Lawrence! Shiiiiit!

Wait, I can talk to him? Now why is that an op-

OH MY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

Also, this should've been asked: Are we okay with using Rainbow Potion, or should I just go all out and not use it? It's up to you guys. :newyears:

I find the game can be a bit boring at times or downright annoying if you get screwed a bit too often. Rainbow Potion puts some spice into it because some units that weren't viable suddenly can be. You've got plenty of uses.

Also, you are not man enough until you go through this with only Malissa as the healer...And using Cecile seriously in combat.

I find Dracoknight works well here too. While you gotta be a bit more offense minded when you get to the choke (gotta pull the initial bandits out so it's silver then hand axe hitting, kill the hand axer and then sort of quickly mow through up to blocking the archer at the choke, then doing what you did with the final batch of enemies). Way it works in the initial fight opening the chapter is the draco flies over the lake in hte lower right corner to draw bandits from charging up the center, and your army mows down what they weakened and what stands around, then finish up the things surrounding the house. Draco flies up, gets healed right at the time marth arrives (would be the same turn you recruit her, and is the same turn as you did), then flies in position to start the events I described above. Same turns, but is more dependent and rewarding for your army. However, General Arran is much simpler and more reliable since your army can get screwed after all, so I'm not being hard on you here.

I do find it funny just how much freedom General Arran has here. He just sorta walks around lackadaisically, not giving a fuck.

colonel m stop starting projects, finish them

Hey now this is only what the 7th one and I only finished 2...

...Yeah I probably shouldn't. FE7 seems like a failure: if I went any faster I think I'd fail since half of it would have to be Marcus solo. I can still do FE10 rankings; it just phases in and out. I worked some of Aran today.

Yeah, I really only know the ins and outs of this game up until like, chapter 6. I never played past there.

Can I ask why? You're obviously one of the most skilled players on this forum. Waiting for the english version maybe?

Good runs so far.. I'm liking the commentary. Very entertaining. Making me want to record my own runs!

Can I ask why? You're obviously one of the most skilled players on this forum. Waiting for the english version maybe?

I got occupied with other things. I was doing RD 0% growths for most of summer until I went to China and brought my laptop and DS. I don't have my DS at university and I don't really have the time for playing it now. It also doesn't help that DesMuMe runs the game at like 50% on my computer.

I don't really mind the language because I don't read the story and I'm good enough at Japanese to understand the rest.

Gag Reel- Killing Lawrence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHgqoeFaRM

You do lose the Mend Staff if you do this. Though, what got Rody thinking is possibly being able to cut a turn by placing My Unit in the vicinity that Marth was at (or near there). So if an 8 Turn is possible, you have to sacrifice Mend. You do get EXP and, of course, a cut turn.

Chapter 2, Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XHOzGMNk-A

Part 2 (Click Me To Watch!)

Turns - 7/53

Gold - 11670

Obtained

Vulnerary x2
Lady Sword
Steel Axe

Sold

Bullion (5000)

Reclass

Arran - Sniper
Luke - Cavalier
Cecil - Pegasus Knight

Note: Used Rainbow Potion on My Unit.

So yeah, 7 Turns. I highly recommend that the left corner DracoKnight has 10 AS, or My Unit has 13 + 2 Spd. If you wanted to get picky, Arran can go Berserker and use the Rainbow Potion. The results will be about the same. My Unit just has to go Fighter and you'll suffer a little on the 2 Range spectrum.

First thing to note is the Lady Sword. It is held by a Thief that has 22 Atk, and 9 times out of 10 the Thief will have that much Atk. This is important for base Cecil to survive one attack. Sadly, Cecil crit killed the Thief, so Catria couldn't get +CEXP. Then we have to recruit Warren. It's a damn shame he can't get HM Bonuses. Due to that, he's actually inferior to Gordin on most levels. Best to keep him warming up the bench. I must say that My Unit was pretty boss here. There's nothing better than a unit that rapes face while doubling. Hell, even at 2 range. Just remember that you still need your Steel Bow users. It's the main weak point of DracoKnights.

Nothing huge to note otherwise. Turn 6 can be a real hassle since Hit rates are shaky, but you have a savepoint near you.

Marth (8.23) - 28 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 12 Skl | 12 Spd | 11 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
My Unit (9.44) - 33 HP | 18 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 14 Spd | 6 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Arran (4.09) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 1 Mag | 15 SKl | 13 Spd | 4 Luck | 9 Def | 3 Res
Draug (7.39) - 22 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 6 Skl | 12 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Gordin (6.19) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 9 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Cecil (3.90) - I hate you...
Luke (9.46) - 27 HP | 13 Str | 0 Mag | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 9 Luck | 10 Def | 1 Res
Ryan (3.68) - 20 HP | 8 Str | 0 Mag | 5 Skl | 5 Spd | 5 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Malliesia (2.70)
Catria (6.18) - 22 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 8 Skl | 14 Spd | 9 Luck | 8 Def | 6 Res
Cord (2.92) - 22 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 7 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Warren (2.35) - 22 HP | 7 Str | 0 Mag | 5 Skl | 8 Spd | 1 Luck | 4 Def | 0 Res

Edited by Tyranel M

Chapter 3, Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41xCXOZN45w

Chapter 3, Part 2

Turns - 17/70

Gold - 6565

Obtained

Steel Lance x3
Javelin
Hand Axe
Steel Sword
Taurus Orb Shard

Reclassed

Arran - DracoKnight

This chapter.

Is.

Long.

Note: Used Rainbow Potion on Catria and My Unit.

I wish I didn't get that crit with the bowman. I could've had a Level 13 My Unit ffs! The chapter is all about knowing what your units are capable of though. Make sure you're ready to bust the chops. Then there's Pirate MU. He's on a boat. There's nothing to worry about!

Marth (8.36) - 28 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 12 Skl | 12 Spd | 11 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
My Unit (12.56) - 36 HP | 20 Str | 2 Mag | 9 Skl | 16 Spd | 7 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Arran (4.29)
Gordin (6.95)
Luke (10.29) - 28 HP | 13 Str | 0 Mag | 12 SKl | 10 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 1 Res
Ryan (4.55) - 21 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 6 Skl | 5 Spd | 5 Luck | 9 Def | 0 Res
Malliesia (4.91) - 18 HP | 0 Str | 4 Mag | 2 Skl | 6 Spd | 15 Luck | 2 Def | 5 Res
Catria (8.30) - 24 HP | 7 Str | 2 Mag | 10 Skl | 15 Spd | 9 Luck | 10 Def | 6 Res
Warren (2.65)
Palla (10.93) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 2 Mag | 11 Skl | 16 Spd | 9 Luck | 9 Def | 6 Res
Bord (2.00)
Julian (6.00)
Matthis (Wtf)

Edited by Tyranel M

Chapter 3X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8mWLSbfHs

Turns - 6/76

Gold - 6565

Reclass

Catria - Cavalier

Nothing to note here aside from Arran using Rainbow Potion. Wrys is nuts and appears in the middle of the battlefield. What the fuck man? Arran with the juice and the Taurus shard should be able to survive two Armor Knight assaults for sure. Though I guess Marth needs his share of EXP too, so I dedicated this chapter... to him!

Rainbow Potion definitely is ridiculous. Almost too ridiculous. Maybe I made a bad choice by using it... <_<

Marth (9.05) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 13 Skl | 13 Spd | 12 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
My Unit (13.15) - 37 HP | 20 Str | 2 Mag | 10 Skl | 17 Spd | 8 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Arran (4.68)
Luke (10.37)
Catria (8.39)
Palla (11.24) - 25 HP | 11 Str | 2 Mag | 11 Skl | 17 Spd | 9 Luck | 9 Def | 6 Res
Wrys (6.70)

Chapter 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHhQBEHSMA

Turns - 7/83

Gold - 6565

Obtained

Bullion - 5000
Armorslayer
Steel Bow
Devil Sword

Reclass

My Unit - Cavalier

Note: Used Rainbow Potion on Catria and My Unit. Taurus Orb went to My Unit to ensure being 3HKOed.

First off, I skipped out on Shaver. Feel free to re-route Marth to killing the Bandit instead of Luke. Luke could've went for the Thief. Secondly, this is the first map to really show My Unit in a non-Fighter class. Shockingly, we hit up Cavalier for some grand ol' time fun with being 3HKOed (Rainbow Potion and Taurus Orb Shard is required) and ORKOing everything in sight barring the Thief. It's pretty classy. The reason I went this route is Pirate would have to use his full Move everytime just to reach the boss, which is a bit ridiculous. Though to be fair I joked around with promoting My Unit into a General and making it to the boss on Turn 7 Player Phase, but of course you lack the power to 2RKO him. Aside from that, the chapter only requires a single Rescue use too. So it's pretty conservative with the only cost being that Shaver. I definitely played the map with a little risk with Luke holding the Devil Sword for a turn, but that's about the worst that should happen. I also realized that Arran did nothing, so he could've rushed up to the Bandit and at least tossed a Javelin, though the Hit would be rather atrocious. Ogma + Yubello should be able to take out the Pirate that Sirius weakened. Speaking of Sirius, I wonder how he reacts to some Skittles. Think he can get as ridiculous as My Unit?

I kind of am getting a little peeved with Luke. On average, Level 11 Luke is supposed to have 11.5 Spd. I guess to be fair I'm Str and Def blessed, but I'd trade some of that to average out his Spd woes. He might be looked at as a Speedwing candidate later, though at least he's solid for the time being.

Marth (9.68)
My Unit (14.12) - 38 HP | 19 Str | 2 Mag | 12 Skl | 16 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 0 Res
Arran (4.91)
Luke (11.14) - 29 HP | 13 Str | 0 Mag | 13 Skl | 10 Spd | 10 Luck | 12 Def | 1 Res
Catria (9.42) - 26 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 8 Skl | 15 Spd | 9 Luck | 12 Def | 1 Res
Palla (11.71)
Gordin (7.05)
Malliesia (6.08) - 18 HP | 0 Str | 5 Mag | 2 Skl | 6 Spd | 16 Luck | 3 Def | 5 Res
Cecil (4.00) - Thanks for screwing over Catria...
Linde (4.10)
Ogma (7.00) - Well it should've been more than this obviously.
Yumina (2.84)
Yubello (1.48) - WTF @ -2 Mag base!?1
Castor (7.52)
Sirius (1.28)

=====

You could always stop using it. :(

I have a mixed opinion on the item as well as the Maturity Drop and what not. For starters, it can be branched away from the WiFi-ish items because you only need to download it once. Furthermore, it also isn't a random item (like Warp is in the WiFi shop), so in a sense it's easier to justify its use.

The advantages are pretty huge. Your My Unit can explore a little further than Armor Knight and still remain solid. I think Fighter My Unit was above and beyond on what he could prove to do. Being able to double some tough enemies (DracoKnights) is helluva useful and makes strategy easier to diverse from. It also can help units that are only inches away from the bar (Draug) become decent for the player to use. Hell, even Catria gets some noticeable gain from it. The Rainbow Potion can forgive the player if he gets screwed a little and makes the cast a bit better (while offering a wider amount of choices of units to choose from). In a sense, I find that the Rainbow Potion and Maturity Drop help make the game's rather insane difficulty easier to buffer with.

On the other hand, you can also see where the item is very ridiculous. It took someone like My Unit, which honestly should've been average to a machine. I think it has the biggest impact on My Unit so far, but I can see where other units can really make good use of it. In a weird way, I feel really cheap while using it, but at the same time I almost don't. Hell, you'd almost think the game was based somewhat on Rainbow Potion considering how trollish the enemies can get.

So really I'm torn on the Rainbow Potion in particular. Maturity Bond is another issue because there's only one use and it can (realistically) go to any unit, though the player will likely choose units like My Unit, Luke, Catria, or even Sirius perhaps. Of course the earlier the unit the better results. I can at least say that Rainbow Potion isn't completely evil to use and I'd still recommend it to almost every player. You can obviously get by without it (remember that before I at least got up to Chapter 14 without it and the merged reclass), so if the player wanted to assume without it then hey go for it. The same with stat boosters in the shop really. I like how the game gives the player choices to use or not use some of the items; whether to make the difficulty a bit more practical or just ignoring it and going for the hardest attempt.