Reverse Recruitment

Paperblade

As the name suggests, these are hacks where the order that characters first appear as PCs is reversed, with levels/inventories modified appropriately. #feto has been joking around with these for a while, and the third one was made last night so... yeah.

There is no promise as to balance or even the recruitability of every character (I believe Tate's replacement on Elphin Route gets stuck on a peak or something). There's no new story or anything.

Sword of Seals: Reverse Recruitment

Patch by Paperblade

Can Karel and his band of ragtag ex-prepromos stop Zephiel? Considering you get Zeis and Hugh in Chapter 2, signs point to "probably."

Screenshots

Karelbase.png

This is now your lord. Enjoy.

FuckyeahLugh.png

Hard Mode boosts are pretty boss.

Patch

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pvibs3

Blazing Sword: Reverse Recruitment

Patch by Paperblade and SevenDeadlySins

Athos the Bramimond and his bro Renault break out of Ostia to meet up with his BFF Karla and her posse of monosword users, Nino, and Vaida. Hawkeye, the long lost granddaughterson of Marquess Caelin shows up later.

Screenshots

LIKEABOSS.png

Not your lord, but yeah.

Lyn Mode is unchanged, skip it. Karla might not be able to seize, so I recommend Hector Mode.

Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajl1ckvi7gp9f9l

Sacred Stones: Reverse Recruitment

Patch by Mekkah

Kyle (don't ask) and his twin sister Amelia are the Prince and Princess of some backwater country called Renais. When Grado comes knocking, Amelia is gone and Kyle and Syrene are forced to flee. Involves Syrene making Seth look like Jagen.

No screenshots.

Notes: Trainees have issues promoting, apparently a Master Seal is required. I don't have the Chapter Unit editor for FE8 to add extra ones into inventories so Mekkah or someone else will have to do it as I'm too lazy to do anything that requires more effort.

Patch

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lun3t7

Updates:

1/15/11: FE7 updated, fixed classes in Ch. 16

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacred Stones: Reverse Recruitment

Patch by Mekkah

Kyle (don't ask) and his twin sister Amelia are the Prince and Princess of some backwater country called Renais. When Grado comes knocking, Amelia is gone and Kyle and Syrene are forced to flee. Involves Syrene making Seth look like Jagen.

I have always wanted a Falcoknight Jeigan...

Does Karel have insane growths, and is Lugh recruitable?

I don't see how else this game could be beatable but some hacks aren't beatable so I need to know >_> D= XP

If recruitment order and stats are the only things changed... I would assume growths were kept the same. Otherwise, Karel's stats would be higher, as they have to balance the fact he has the overall highest growths of FE history... :blink:

Does Karel have insane growths, and is Lugh recruitable?

I don't see how else this game could be beatable but some hacks aren't beatable so I need to know >_> D= XP

Yes to both. Lugh switches with Percival. The reason Karel's bases are so bad is because deleveling him from a 20 Swordmaster to a Level 1 Myrmidon should give him like -10 in all stats. 8HP/2 Str/5 Skl makes him possible to level up.

Edit: I have personally beaten both FE6 and FE8RR on Hard Mode, and am currently working on FE7, so they are possible.

Edited by Paperblade

Growths are always kept the same. Early joining people's bases are calculated as if they were leveled backwards (and "grow" average stats). So yes, Karel becomes absolutely insane if you put in the effort.

Started the FE6 one, on Normal Mode though because I couldn't be bothered to get a save file.

Juno is a ridiculous Jeigan, that's for sure... and Neimi's base stats are still excellent even at level one.

Kinda wish I'd ported over a save to do Hard Mode on, but this'll do for now since I've already started.

So, I know palettes are messed up and I don't really care, but how does Ewan promote in 8? >_>

I believe you need a Master Seal. Mekkah made that one so I don't know the details, and unfortunately he went to bed about half an hour ago.

Also I'm gonna have to put up a new patch for FE7 in a bit, as I didn't foresee the results of giving Legault a Lockpick (this is why you playtest before putting out patches)

Edited by Paperblade

I take it you don't get three seals for each trainee?

My god, 5x is sadistic. Trying to save Myrth for later so she can actually get exp, Amelia get's one shotted, and Orson saps all the exp. >_>

I take it you don't get three seals for each trainee?

My god, 5x is sadistic. Trying to save Myrth for later so she can actually get exp, Amelia get's one shotted, and Orson saps all the exp. >_>

I don't have the most recent patch I think.

Orson stays, Myrrh leaves. I did that on purpose. If it was true RR, Myrrh and Syrene would be your first 2 units. But I moved things around so that Orson went to Kyle's spot, Myrrh to Orson's, Kyle to Eirika's.

Edited by Mekkah

Wait, so at the end of chapter 21 or 21x in FE6, do Karel promote after we've used a Hero Crest? What happens when he's promoted when he reaches the end of chapter 21 ror 21x?

You can promote him earlier with a Hero Crest. However, at the end of Ch 21 or 21x, the game will force another promotion and he will revert back to Myrmidon. At least that's what happened here.

Karel's promoted class (guessing Myrmidon) isn't meant to promote, but if it does, it promotes to Myrmidon (F) (IIRC and assuming it hasn't been changed by the creator). Thus the double promotion thing. The solution is to make Karel's class not be able to be promoted with the hero crest or remove the automatic promotion of which you speak.