ThatGuyDownTheStreet's Sprite Topic

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

More progress on the semi-custom portrait:

Update.png

Still a WIP. The yellow lines indicate where I'm going to put the trim. Heavily referenced FE9 Tauroneo.

The line defining the nose is really dark by FE standards and the bottom part of it is kinda...hook-like? Reference Renault or Pent or someone in the same position who has a nose that you like. Also his eyebrows need some more AA, they look jaggy/rough to me right now. His ear has a weird straight line in the top part of it, get rid of that.

Otherwise the armor seems a little boring, though Tauroneo has some neat trim so hopefully you'll be including some of the interesting details from him

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line defining the nose is really dark by FE standards and the bottom part of it is kinda...hook-like? Reference Renault or Pent or someone in the same position who has a nose that you like. Also his eyebrows need some more AA, they look jaggy/rough to me right now. His ear has a weird straight line in the top part of it, get rid of that.

Otherwise the armor seems a little boring, though Tauroneo has some neat trim so hopefully you'll be including some of the interesting details from him

Someone was telling me about anti-aliasing, but I didn't realize that he/she might have been referring to the eyebrows. As for Tauroneo's intricate armor trims, I'll see what I can do, but there are a lot of them, so I might look into some other stuff to make the armor less boring. I'll definitely look into all of that. Thanks to you both for pointing these things out.

• 9 months later...

@The two maps.

I like everything in the south on the second map, nearly everything in the north on the first map. The first map is rather boring while the second one has more interesting hallways and etc. I don't like the water tiles in the second one though, they look odd and out of place.

asgh_zpsf543b81a.png

What in the fuck.

@The two maps.

I like everything in the south on the second map, nearly everything in the north on the first map. The first map is rather boring while the second one has more interesting hallways and etc. I don't like the water tiles in the second one though, they look odd and out of place.

What in the fuck.

Yeah, I saw something in Do5 and Eternal Bond with those water tiles, so I thought I'd try it out. I guess it didn't work out as I had hoped. I'll see if I can make them look better.

I was trying to make a Dragon mask with that portrait. When I was doing the other portrait I had posted for splice competitions (the one with Echidna), I noticed that the Dragon portrait (Idoun) might be good for a mask. Didn't really work out as I had hoped.

Forgot to take into account that your walls are two tiles high. If you fix yellow (have it wholely shaded, since there's building blocking sunlight from getting to the triangle of that tile thats not shaded), everything's ship shape for sun from the lower left. opened up mappy for the first time in a year, that tileset's quite lacking in shading tiles

The part circled orange, even in the fix is still an impossible shadow. :/
Realistically it would be essentially the same tile as the bottom shadow tile but have the shadow inverted.

2rp4tp2.png

It's a poorly made rendition, but hey, hopefully it gets the point across.

This doesn't account for the other walls, or the thickness of the walls, though (not sure if that was intentional or not)

Edited by deranger