• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Top 5 places you'd like to visit someday?

On 8/19/2017 at 8:59 PM, Ottokar said:

By "Robert of Normandy" which Robert do you mean? Wasn't there more than one?

This one. Since in the Extra History series on the First Crusade, he's referred to as "Robert of Normandy."

Favourite class in Radiant Dawn?

On 8/20/2017 at 10:12 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite video game franchise?

I would say a tie between FE and Zelda, but I've only completed like two Zelda games because I'm bad at actually finishing anything.

If Blazing Sword ever got a remake, what things in it would you like to see changed?

18 hours ago, Aya Shameimaru said:

Favorite castle you've visited yet?

I don't think I've ever actually been to a real castle that I can recall. If we went to one when I lived in Europe, I really can't recall.

What makes Mystery of the Emblem your favorite Fire Emblem?

On 8/24/2017 at 7:29 AM, MadJak91 said:

Do you create your avatars?

Most of the time I just find them on the internet somewhere, though rarely I'll give the picture a few edits. Although, the "eclipse" avatar I had recently was made by myself.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Clarine said:

Might I ask, what are your ten favourite Pokémon? If you wish, you may rank them with numbers.

Sorry to long to reply. I did have a list in my blog at Bulbagarden, but that got deleted in the site's IT system overhaul. Let me reconstruct what I remember. Also this does not include anything from Sun and Moon, as I haven't played them yet:

• Ho-Oh: That would definitely be my number 1. As related to what I wrote for my answer to favouring GSC/XY, Ho-Oh is a Legendary Pokémon that actually looks Japanese and based on Japanese mythology - just the way Johto (or the first four main regions in their entireties) should be based on.
  • Charizard/Pikachu: Both based on the Johto arc of the anime, which gave me good memories. Charizard might gain an edge here, as the one owned by Ash was great with the fight against the Movie's Entei, and also with how Ash's ingenuity prevailed when he went up against Gary's Blastoise in the League.
  • Greninja: My starter Pokémon when I came back to Pokémon via XY. I liked how it had a good amount of type coverage, which I don't think was all that common with starters. (Does anyone know about the Gen 4 starters?)
  • Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: This one was from when I did a bit of online battling. I was up against a Darkrai that was 30 levels higher than me, and Blaziken prevailed. I could not win against the rest of the opponent's team which had all Lv 100 Legendaries, however. Plus there was also that funny episode when I watched the Pokémon anime for the first time in a while, sometime later in high school, where Ash, Max, and Pikachu went through shenanigan moments with a particularly rebellious Torchic that evolved into a Combusken.
  • Ampharos: I've found the Mareep line generally useful in both GSC and especially BW2. If I remember correctly, it had stats that were generally higher than my other Electric Pokémon I had with all of the Pokémon games (excluding Legendaries), so on the whole it was useful. It is saying something when my Martina in BW2 knocked out all but one of Marshall's Pokémon, with Cotton Guard, the Static Ability, and Rocky Helmet. It was sorely missed in BW1, considering how utterly useless the Blitzle line (or a number of other Gen 5 Pokémon I had) was.
  • Furfrou: While I didn't notice this when I actually played XY, Furfrou really fits the French-based aesthetic of Kalos.
  • Hawlucha: It looks cool with a Mexican wrestler aesthetic, and it's also a lot of fun using Dig against Rock/Electric-type Pokémon (and not having to risk being obliterated with Earthquake from the opponent).

As a special request to @Clarine: Which Pokémon do you think is the classiest? And which would be the most quintessentially British?
To @Rex Glacies (as per normal procedures): Have you played the earlier games before Awakening? Particularly anything before FE7? And you favourite within that selection?

Edited by henrymidfields

On 8/20/2017 at 8:45 PM, Natalie said:

Are there any particular countries or places that you'd like to visit in the future?

Very well, let us commence my regular schedule once more.
As for the answer, there are not countries I wish to visit. In fact, most countries bore me ever quite so.

11 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

As a special request to @Clarine: Which Pokémon do you think is the classiest? And which would be the most quintessentially British?

I, for one, would not use the word "classiest". But if one might ask, such would be the Pokémon that hails from Unova known as "Lilligant". In fact, such just happens to be my "signature Pokémon"! However, I do believe an alternate answer can be "Diancie" of Kalos, in which is essentially a gemstone princess.

If I am to say, a Pancham is an accurate representation of Britain. It is simply far too small but yet "acts tough and powerful". As a denizen of the United Kingdom, I simply must say: England is nowhere near as refined as many assume. In fact, it is quite the contrary.

Aya, might I ask—just what do you deem to be your most dreadful or shameful traits?

Opinion on facial hair?

On 5/30/2017 at 5:12 AM, Natalie said:

Tell me what you like about Oboro?

Sheesh it's been 3 months

She seems to enjoy helping others a lot which is absolutely amazing to me! I also like the color blue so her hair is appealing~

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Opinion on facial hair?

Facial hair is simply repulsive and I wish not to see such strands of hair on one's face. One can never truly impress me with a beard of any kind.

Might I ask, just where did your claim of being a robot originate from?

I know you don't like shorts, and seeing leg hair is bleh sometimes, but is it at least acceptable when worn in intense heat?

1 minute ago, Clarine said:

Might I ask, just where did your claim of being a robot originate from?

This is no "claim", I am a robot.

My creators made my metal body (or hardware) many years ago so I may blend in with the humans, and my software and programming was made 12 years ago. So one could say I'm "12", but my creators did give me a date if birth to say when conversing with humans in public ;)

Which Fire Emblem games have you played? (I.e. Have you played Fates yet? (I.e. How can you like Oboro so much if you haven't played Birthright?))

12 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

To @Rex Glacies (as per normal procedures): Have you played the earlier games before Awakening? Particularly anything before FE7? And you favourite within that selection?

Well, I have played FE7, most of Shadow Dragon, and have been playing Sacred Stones, though I have watched a walkthrough of that game so I do know most of what happens in it. As for before FE7, I did emulate Genealogy and Sword of Seals/Binding Blade, though I didn't get very far before the "legal ambiguities" of the emulation made me stop playing. And my favorite would have to be Sacred Stones. I always liked the story of that game.

1 hour ago, Astolfo! said:

I know you don't like shorts, and seeing leg hair is bleh sometimes, but is it at least acceptable when worn in intense heat?

This is no "claim", I am a robot.

My creators made my metal body (or hardware) many years ago so I may blend in with the humans, and my software and programming was made 12 years ago. So one could say I'm "12", but my creators did give me a date if birth to say when conversing with humans in public ;)

Say what you wish.

I suppose such is acceptable but I must say, one ought to train themselves to be tolerant to heat. Perhaps I am simply being insensitive.

Very well, Rex Glacies... I must risk offense and ask, what motivates you to be a strong believer of Christianity?

What do you think of ice cream?

29 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Which Fire Emblem games have you played? (I.e. Have you played Fates yet? (I.e. How can you like Oboro so much if you haven't played Birthright?))

All of FE8, a part of FE7, and I made it to like chapter 18 or something of Shadow Dragon

I liked Oboro because of heroes (she was my second lance and Peri couldn't tank for crap on a stick) and then I read some of her support conversations which made me say "wow she's cool!" 

4 hours ago, Astolfo! said:

What do you think of ice cream?

Ice cream is a palatable dessert I can condone indulging in. If one must know, I am especially fond of sundaes that includes white chocolate toppings and a layer of caramel among the different flavours of the sundae.

I must ask, how would you describe your usual or most frequently worn attire?

Now if you would kindly excuse me, I shall be "hijacking" this thread.

Edited by Clarine

White, milk, or dark chocolate, and why?

10 minutes ago, Clarine said:

I must ask, how would you describe your usual or most frequently worn attire?

I can't get into this too much without being gender specific

But I'll say what I don't wear (and other things regarding unisex clothing). I only wear shorts on extremely hot days, otherwise I'd never wear them XD Jeans are for when I'm doing "manual labor" since I don't mind them getting dirty. In a casual setting like going to the store I wear sweat pants typically. But I can say for certain that my formal-ware wardrobe is extensive, though I can't mention exactly what is in my wardrobe of sorts since it would be gender specific (like say, I have 5 suits if I'm male or 10 different preset dresses with matching shoes and pocketbooks if I'm female).

Maybe when I reveal my gender I'll say more~

26 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

White, milk, or dark chocolate, and why?

I can't get into this too much without being gender specific

But I'll say what I don't wear (and other things regarding unisex clothing). I only wear shorts on extremely hot days, otherwise I'd never wear them XD Jeans are for when I'm doing "manual labor" since I don't mind them getting dirty. In a casual setting like going to the store I wear sweat pants typically. But I can say for certain that my formal-ware wardrobe is extensive, though I can't mention exactly what is in my wardrobe of sorts since it would be gender specific (like say, I have 5 suits if I'm male or 10 different preset dresses with matching shoes and pocketbooks if I'm female).

Maybe when I reveal my gender I'll say more~

If one must know, I am especially fond of white chocolate simply for its flavour. Of course, one should easily be able to deduce this from my previous answer.

I say, your answer barely enlightened me as much as I hoped. I suppose our desired choice of attire is truly different.

Motendra, what are your sentiments regarding Arcanite's/Astolfo's claim of being a robot?

Do you often "hang out" or get together with members of your extended family? 

52 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Motendra, what are your sentiments regarding Arcanite's/Astolfo's claim of being a robot?

@Motendra you better answer this one very carefully 

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

When's Arcanite coming back ]:

They came back about a week agooooo!!!!

Maybe 15 days? Could be one more or less than that. But soon! 

54 minutes ago, Clarine said:

I say, your answer barely enlightened me as much as I hoped. I suppose our desired choice of attire is truly different.

It's fair to say so since I can't say much myself :(

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

Do you often "hang out" or get together with members of your extended family? 

No, I was never truly close to any of my family members. Forgive me, for such is simply all I can say regarding this matter.

Assuming you are a robot, would one such as yourself prioritise on the development of your energy efficiency or your data processing efficiency?

How important is your family to you? I'm not sure how one would quantify such a thing, but I guess one way is to say: If any one of your immediate family member disappeared, would you miss them?

8 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Assuming you are a robot, would one such as yourself prioritise on the development of your energy efficiency or your data processing efficiency?

Because my creators aren't dumb and like things getting done in a timely fashion, they made it so energy efficiency isn't a worry of mine. I've only explained this to one or two others, but my power supply is rather complicated to define in depth since not many understand the power and technicalities of robotics. So to put it simply, say you have a smartphone device. Typically at max charge it has 100% right? Well for me, my secondary power source sort of enables me to be at something similar to "200%" so to speak. An average day of my normal duties takes away about 25%, so by "resting mode" time I still have 175% charge to spare. Once my secondary power source is depleted (only in rather dire situations), I move onto my main power source which takes even longer to lose power. I've never had to use it though since that is only in a very specific set of circumstances! Keep in mind also that the phone comparison is a very relative example~

So to answer your question, data processing is my only priority since I don't have to worry about energy efficiency! 

Peep the avi tho?

1 hour ago, Clarine said:

Simply put, if that is what they proclaim, then so it shall be. Rendering their identity to a mere claim is no less blasphemous than the presumption that you, Clarine, are merely an exceptional role-player, no?

8 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

@Motendra you better answer this one very carefully 

They came back about a week agooooo!!!!

Maybe 15 days? Could be one more or less than that. But soon! 

15 days. No taking that back later

What made you change your avi to that amazingness?

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Peep the avi tho?

IS THAT WHO I FLIPPING THINK IT IS?

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Simply put, if that is what they proclaim, then so it shall be. Rendering their identity to a mere claim is no less blasphemous than the presumption that you, Clarine, are merely an exceptional role-player, no?

Ha

I knew you'd do me right ;)

What GIMP project should I do next?
Cause I stay forgetting about doing more and I'm rusty as fucc

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

What made you change your avi to that amazingness?

IS THAT WHO I FLIPPING THINK IT IS?

Ha

I knew you'd do me right ;)

A few reasons, but most notably, cause Arcanite. Truth be told, I've been meaning to make a switch one of these days and always have options to choose from, but wasnt sure as to what. Then I saw this and killed two birds w/ one stone

Indeed it is. As a Basara

Gotchu fam