What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

On 12/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Opinion on oatmeal?

I have heard of them but do not collect them

it's alright. i wouldn't pursue eating it, but I certainly wouldn't mind eating it. Grits > oatmeal.

ever play shining force? which ones?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Favorite super-hero?

On 12/7/2017 at 10:03 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Ever had fried pickles, and if so do you like them?

Nope, sounds good though

On 12/8/2017 at 9:52 PM, Randoman said:

As for why I'd pick that title, I feel that with most people these days not really caring about morals, virtue, and self-discipline these day while I do, it sums up the life I lead. I mean, society these days greatly focuses on doing what they want, when they want, wanting to do things without accepting the consequences of them (like being entitled to "free speech" and thinking their words don't need to be respectful and that they should be free of the consequences of their words), only caring about the short term in terms of fulfilling their desires and not caring about the long term consequences (eg: constantly drinking and not paying attention to the long term health problems it causes), and many other bad things. I hope I'm not coming off as arrogant by saying these things, but I do think a lot of problems in this day and age can be fixed with stronger morals and more self-discipline.

Well said, I can share the perspective you have on society. I've recently traveled to Malawi (Africa) for Habitat for Humanity. Excellent experience, by the way, I'd highly recommend any person to do this at least once in their life. While going to the village and leaving, kids would chase after our bus, waving, smiling and it was very heartwarming. Hell, they had no idea what the organization's symbol meant, but they were so genuine to us strangers ( I was in a group of no more than 20 people). No phones, electronics, tv's, Wifi, none of that while I was there. Women had to walk 5 miles to a well and 5 miles back to just to get water, and they did this at least five times a day. Saying how unfortunate the people of Malawi doesn't serve any justice to them.  I'll spare the "be grateful for what you have" speech but people today are so oblivious to the world. Their problems are always more significant than others, and rather than sucking it up and looking for a solution, they complain about it through various mediums (social media, friends, family, etc.). There is a severe lacking of self-discipline and conscious of others in this day and age. 

If you could remove one of the seven capital sins from all of humanity (eg: pride, anger, lust), which one would you pick?

On 12/11/2017 at 9:27 PM, Slade said:

Well said, I can share the perspective you have on society. I've recently traveled to Malawi (Africa) for Habitat for Humanity. Excellent experience, by the way, I'd highly recommend any person to do this at least once in their life. While going to the village and leaving, kids would chase after our bus, waving, smiling and it was very heartwarming. Hell, they had no idea what the organization's symbol meant, but they were so genuine to us strangers ( I was in a group of no more than 20 people). No phones, electronics, tv's, Wifi, none of that while I was there. Women had to walk 5 miles to a well and 5 miles back to just to get water, and they did this at least five times a day. Saying how unfortunate the people of Malawi doesn't serve any justice to them.  I'll spare the "be grateful for what you have" speech but people today are so oblivious to the world. Their problems are always more significant than others, and rather than sucking it up and looking for a solution, they complain about it through various mediums (social media, friends, family, etc.). There is a severe lacking of self-discipline and conscious of others in this day and age. 

Wow, I really have to applaud you for traveling all the way there with a charity organization. It sounds like you learned a lot and that mere words can't even capture your experiences and lessons there. I may not be traveling to Africa anytime soon, but from late December 2017-late January 2018, I'm going to my home country the Philippines. One of the places my family and I are going to visit is the houses and villages that ANCOP (ANswering the Cry Of the Poor) has built for the poor there. The Philippines in general may not have conditions as poor as Africa, but I hope I learn at least some of the same things you did during your trip to Malawi.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:48 PM, henrymidfields said:

FEs that you played?

Played and defeated: FE1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13

Played but haven't defeated: 4

49 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Hm... Spider Man.

Who made the art in your avatar?

Found it on Google images. I'd post a link, but I'm unsure if  linking to other sites is prohibited or not. Do you like Nowi? *Squeezes Nowi pillow and slowly turns away*

Edited by Regent

4 hours ago, Regent said:

Found it on Google images. I'd post a link, but I'm unsure if  linking to other sites is prohibited or not. Do you like Nowi? *Squeezes Nowi pillow and slowly turns away*

Yeah, she's real cute~ One of the cutest FE chars for sure.

How would you describe a sharknado?

6 hours ago, Megalodon966 said:

Do you listen to Alan Jackson's music?

Can't say I've ever heard of him before, so I guess not. I guess I could listen to a few tracks though.

Do you play any card games?

On 12/6/2017 at 12:44 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Favorite board game?

Oh my, I do not believe such truly exists. But I shall bestow you the answer of Monopoly, in which one might deem such as the game of capitalism. As to why one such as myself would be ever so mildly fond of this game, the reason is not of the concept of holding a large stack of faux currency but rather due to my curiously high chances of emerging as the most befitting victorious player. And of course, such a board game possesses a large amount of variety in regards to board themes—as such, this would mildly alleviate the tedious elements of such entertainment, no?

If one may ask, might there be any composers of the classical genre whom in which you are fond of?

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

23 hours ago, Regent said:

Do you play Pokemon, and if you do what is your favorite gen?

I played Pokemon Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Emerald, Colosseum, Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black 1. I gave up from Gen 6 and onward since Charizard and Mewtwo getting two mega-evolutions was beyond ridiculous and biased and I'm not going to financially support GameFreak if they're going to punish people who don't have Charizard and Mewtwo as their favourite starter and legendary, respectively. There's also not much of a point in having a choice between 3 starters if 1 of them is so clearly favoured and shoved down people's throats over the other 2.

As for my favourite Pokemon Generation, it'd have to be Gen 5, due to using nothing but all new Pokemon for the main game (it's definitely nice to get a break from Zubat and Magikarp), relying on HM usage a lot less (so you don't have to bring around HM loaded Pokemon anymore), TMs having infinite usage from that generation onward, and it introducing the Elite Four "face them in any order you want" rule.

16 hours ago, Megalodon966 said:

I used to back in the day, I played Uno and would sing Kenny Roger's song The Gambler to annoy my classmates. I'm 16 now and yes it comes back for me to laugh about it. 

Have you played on a Wii?

Yep, though I never owned one, a friend would always bring theirs over so we could host Brawl tournaments. 

Do you like to read?

Opinion on kolaches, if you've had one?

On 12/10/2017 at 12:06 PM, Randoman said:

Do you ever watch prank videos on youtube? If so, who are your favourite youtube pranksters to watch?

I do not watch prank videos.

Favorite lyric/line in a song?

On 12/13/2017 at 12:09 PM, Randoman said:

If you could remove one of the seven capital sins from all of humanity (eg: pride, anger, lust), which one would you pick?

Wow, I really have to applaud you for traveling all the way there with a charity organization. It sounds like you learned a lot and that mere words can't even capture your experiences and lessons there. I may not be traveling to Africa anytime soon, but from late December 2017-late January 2018, I'm going to my home country the Philippines. One of the places my family and I are going to visit is the houses and villages that ANCOP (ANswering the Cry Of the Poor) has built for the poor there. The Philippines in general may not have conditions as poor as Africa, but I hope I learn at least some of the same things you did during your trip to Malawi.

Greed, personally I would be a lot happier if I stopped "wanting" more things in my life. Same can apply to the other sins however I feel the other sins branch off greed significantly. 

That sounds like a great plan; various places in the world need our help. Helping others is a way we help ourselves, so I hope you carry a great experience with you after your trip.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:46 PM, Megalodon966 said:

Scary, imagine a ton of sharks in a tornado. If you see the movies you get the picture.

Have you been on Wikipedia?

Yes. I use it a lot for science, history, math, technology, etc.

It's also great for finding dates, creators/publishers of content, etc.

Favorite American cartoon?

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Do you like crullers?

nope

hmmm... I'm not sure if I've had these before. Though in general I'm not really into pastries/doughnuts/etc., I hardly make an effort to eat em.

have you found dr. wahwee?

Personality-wise, what are your biggest preferences and deal breakers for a potential girlfriend/wife?

On 12/14/2017 at 2:17 PM, Regent said:

Do you like to read?

Kind of? I mean, if books are the only thing available that I can occupy myself with, sure, but otherwise I prefer gaming, going online, and cooking over reading books. As for the kind of things I prefer to read, I prefer non-fictional books like science based or psychological topics.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, Slade said:

That sounds like a great plan; various places in the world need our help. Helping others is a way we help ourselves, so I hope you carry a great experience with you after your trip.

Thanks. I hope so too.

8 hours ago, Gemma said:

hmmm... I'm not sure if I've had these before. Though in general I'm not really into pastries/doughnuts/etc., I hardly make an effort to eat em.

have you found dr. wahwee?

I had to look this up, and my god I'm surprised I've never seen this before. I used to watch the old cartoons on and off, but never took it seriously. Unfortunate to say, he's eluded my grasp.

Do you know what all true warriors strive for?

And for the person above me, What kind of things do you like to cook? 

Edited by Regent