What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

On 6/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, ExaltedViolinist said:

Favorite video game series besides Fire Emblem ?

Hmm, I do like a lot of genres, so this is a bit hard to answer for me. Let's say The King of Fighters, Mario Kart/Party/Warioware, and Danganronpa.

a dubbed anime and a dubbed game you played recently that you enjoyed the dub of?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Bouncing back the question for you! Any dubbed animes/games you enjoyed ?

5 hours ago, Gemma said:

a dubbed anime and a dubbed game you played recently that you enjoyed the dub of?

For games, I'd say Nier: Automata! I had the option to play in either languages, but decided to go for English because reading subtitles is somewhat distracting in a game like this. I was extremely happy with the dubbed voice acting in this game! Props to the team.

For animes, I made the mistake of watching Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in English, but thankfully Vic Mignogna, Edward's English voice actor, does an amazing job at capturing the emotions of our beloved blonde-headed milk-seething goblin! Same with Alphonse's voice actresses.

Edited by ExaltedViolinist

Can you share some of your fears ?

35 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Do you actually play violin, and if so for how long have you played it?

I don't! :( It's an instrument I wish I could play! If time and money allows, I plan on learning how to play the violin after I'm done with school.
The 'violinist' part in my username comes from an anime called Your Lie in April. The main girl from this anime plays the violin and let's just say her part in the story moved me so much to the point where I decided to make it part of the username I use almost everywhere.

11 hours ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

Bouncing back the question for you! Any dubbed animes/games you enjoyed ?

I usually watched subbed, but I mostly enjoyed the My Hero Academia dub (though there's some voices, like Tsuyu's, that are much better jp)

same with Danganronpa

For games, I do like the dub for the UNIEL cast in Blazblue Cross Tag, particularly Gordeau.

Do you prefer fish fried or grilled?

On 7/3/2018 at 7:04 PM, ExaltedViolinist said:

What was the book you read most recently, and what was it about ?

I don't actually read many books, I tend to listen to audio books. If you strictly mean reading, I think it was The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll, which is a book about an early instance of computer hacking in the 80s. If audio books count, I'm currently listening to The Guns of August  by Barbara W. Tuchman.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:51 PM, ExaltedViolinist said:

since I forgot to give you a question...

A place you would like to visit and something you want to do there?

12 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Do you prefer fish fried or grilled?

Fried, definitely. A fried cod or mackerel sandwich is the best~

okay, now a question for anonymous: largest cliff/building you've been to?

Do you have a favorite gemstone ?

10 hours ago, Gemma said:

since I forgot to give you a question...

A place you would like to visit and something you want to do there?

I'd love to go to England and visit the places where the 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice was shot. I always LOVED the aesthetics of this film and I'd literally die if I could just retrace Elizabeth's steps in the movie.

22 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I don't actually read many books, I tend to listen to audio books. If you strictly mean reading, I think it was The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll, which is a book about an early instance of computer hacking in the 80s. If audio books count, I'm currently listening to The Guns of August  by Barbara W. Tuchman.

The Cuckoo's Egg sounds like a fascinating story. I'll look this up!

Edited by ExaltedViolinist

Conquest felt every bit like the old-school FE that most people remember...and that's a stretch.

Do you play any musical instrument?

On 04/07/2018 at 10:04 AM, ExaltedViolinist said:

Dislikes: most of the time the dub is not acted as well as the original is (the emotions conveyed sound more forced); the songs aren't as good because they have to be rewritten; dubs are often cringy as hell.

Any exceptions to the above?

On 01/07/2018 at 12:17 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Can't find whoever the last person who asked me a question, sorry. If you were the one who asked then just ping me or something and I'll answer.

Do you like breakfast tacos?

Never tried them.

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nowi.

Is Yukiko your favourite Persona 4 character?

Yes and No. She's not my favorite per se, but she's currently my favorite shipping candidate for Yu/Souji.

Write out one headcanon for any JRPG you played.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Karimlan said:

Conquest felt every bit like the old-school FE that most people remember...and that's a stretch.

Do you play any musical instrument?

Yes, I play piano.

Who's your favorite Fire Emblem character?

I was initially drawn to Roy. Now, it would have to be Zephiel and Caeda—the former for his misanthropy and borderline madness, the latter being a merge project I'm working on in FEH. That Wing Sword refine is just awesome.

Fighting game talk: Do you prefer Super moves that are executed on a separate meter, or the Desperation moves that are executed when your health is low?

13 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Opinion on Joe Higashi?

My bad! I didn't see this. Joe's okay, for the most part. I just hate him mooning lol. I pick Adon over him because of his arrogance and his drive to be better than Sagat.

@Lost Impact: fluttering from Tier 18-19, and back lol.

Favorite classical piano piece?