Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll like you forevers if you give him a custom battle animation featuring his awesome hair

If I improve my spriting skills enough to do so, this will happen.

And some more work on Chapter 4.

2nitykx.pngazf8za.png

That doesn't sound like good new on the Balmunk.

In other news, holy crap Patty has pretty high stats save Defense and Strength. :/ Did she take steroids or something? How does she have 7 con? XD

In other news, holy crap Patty has pretty high stats save Defense and Strength. Did she take steroids or something? How does she have 7 con?

The con was a typo, she was meant to have 6. As for the other stats, they aren't that high. For example, she has 15 atk with an Iron Sword (19 with a Steel Sword, but -2 AS). Now compare her to a few enemies in Chapter 4.

2r7lpw9.pngqx8e9s.pngrlwayh.png5mxseu.png

Guest Wen Yang

Downloaded patch and going to try it out once I get home. ^^

A question if I may: Which FE5 chars are likely to make it in other than the ones already mentioned so far?

(Personally hoping for Othlin and Halvan, if only because we need more axe-users who kick ass from the get-go)

Guest Wen Yang

Ok, played through till the end of chapter 2. Impresions so far:

Prologue:

Celice: Don't treat me like a kid anymore Lakche! I can fight as well as you. (Yeah right gee_wiz_emoticon.gif)

So... tons of axes around, and your only three combat units are all swordies... easy exp, nuff' said. Celice can't double worth crap with his bases, although Ska and Lakche doubles everything. Nice balance though, with your units 3HKOing the enemies and they also 3HKOing all your units other than Lana who's 2HKOed.

Syn is a little too... unthreatening even for a sub-boss. While he 2HKOs you instead of 3HKO, Ska or Lakche would easily make short work of him with his crap hit rate. I threw Lakche his way and she massacred him come the enemy phase.

Then comes the REAL boss and the rest of your starting bunch... Oifey is not going to like how his stats look in comparison with the others unless he has some damn good growth rates... Neither Delmud nor Lester can double at base, which means that both of them 3RKOs enemies. Then again, the ONLY ones 2RKOing enemies at this point are Ayra's kids, so that's not really an issue.

The archers are more annoying than the rest of the enemies since they actually hit you, and the boss is pretty tough with the decent speet and boatload of HP... My Lakche procced enough speed to double him though, and also made short work of him.

So far... Celice has some rather balanced gains... still not going to double anyone anytime soon from the looks of it though. Ska is at level 5 and packs a nice 11 Str and an eye-popping 11 Def, although his speed trails at 15, whereas Lakche is either blessed like crazy or has crazy growth rates... she's level 6 with 14 Str, 17 Skl, and 19 Spd... so yeah... walking avatar of death right there, just like how she was back in FE4. :3

Side note: Both Ska and Lakche almost broke their iron swords on this stage, Lakche has 10 uses left while Ska gets by with 14.

Chapter 1:

UGH. Desert. I HATE deserts. >_<

Anyway, gave Oifey's steel sword to Ska since he can ORKO with it on enemies he double (he loses no AS using it), while Lakche ORKOs everything on this map other than the boss with iron.

Stayed rather defensive since I don't feel like trudging through the desert 2 squares at a time while fighting enemies, massacred all that came, then bypassed the boss to get Johalva. He does impressive damage, but is at the moment too slow to double anything. The low skill is easily remedied with the secret book the boss drops.

Boss died in two rounds, with Lakche actually trading blows with him as Lester and Oifey (javelin) weakens.

Lakche capped Spd at level 7, and she ends the map at level 9 (almost 10) with 19 Skl, so chances are she'll cap it very soon as well.

Chapter 2:

Fun map. The enemies having 10-11 AS makes Ska and Lakche the only reliable double-attacker in my team (I do NOT use Oifey other than for courier work) although Celice and Lester (both at 14 Spd) can occasionally double as well. Delmud is still at 12 Spd but he's at 16 Str at level 7 so far.

ROTFLMAO at the enemies trying to hit a weaponless Levin in vain. XD

The Soldiers are actually the biggest threat on the map amongst the grunt enemies. Their spears do not agree with your mostly sword-using team, and Johalva is too slow to double them for a quick kill. I used the 6 soldier by the boss to train up Yuria by using a iron-sword using Oifey as bait. Boss dies in three rounds to Yuria, since she;s the ONLY person on my team that can even damage him.

Side note: Lakche is at level 11... with 18 Str, capped skill and speed... <_< Ska only has 15 Str and 17 Spd... but he also sports an amazing 15 Def... >_>

A question if I may: Which FE5 chars are likely to make it in other than the ones already mentioned so far?

So far Asvel, Eyvel, Othin, Halvan, Lifis, Salem and Mareeta have all been confirmed to be added. The first five join in 3x (included in the first patch), Salem in C4 and Mareeta...you'll have to find out.

Prologue:

Syn is a little too... unthreatening even for a sub-boss. While he 2HKOs you instead of 3HKO, Ska or Lakche would easily make short work of him with his crap hit rate. I threw Lakche his way and she massacred him come the enemy phase.

Well, he's not supposed to be that threatening. I may raise his skill by a few points.

Then comes the REAL boss and the rest of your starting bunch... Oifey is not going to like how his stats look in comparison with the others unless he has some damn good growth rates... Neither Delmud nor Lester can double at base, which means that both of them 3RKOs enemies. Then again, the ONLY ones 2RKOing enemies at this point are Ayra's kids, so that's not really an issue.

Base Oifey still is your best unit by the end of Chapter 3, so he's not bad. Delmud and Lester aren't supposed to double at base, and they both compensate this somehow(Delmud's great STR and Lester's 2-range)

The archers are more annoying than the rest of the enemies since they actually hit you, and the boss is pretty tough with the decent speet and boatload of HP... My Lakche procced enough speed to double him though, and also made short work of him.

The boss is quite easy. Lure him with Oifey, who won't double. Then attack him again with Oifey to leave him with under 20 hp, at that point your other characters can easily kill him.

So far... Celice has some rather balanced gains... still not going to double anyone anytime soon from the looks of it though. Ska is at level 5 and packs a nice 11 Str and an eye-popping 11 Def, although his speed trails at 15, whereas Lakche is either blessed like crazy or has crazy growth rates... she's level 6 with 14 Str, 17 Skl, and 19 Spd... so yeah... walking avatar of death right there, just like how she was back in FE4.

The growths are a bit too high in this version, so you can expect those sort of insane stats. This has been fixed and will be noticeable after the next release (which will probably be after I finish 6x).

Side note: Both Ska and Lakche almost broke their iron swords on this stage, Lakche has 10 uses left while Ska gets by with 14.

There's an easy to acces armory in the next chapter.

Chapter 1:

UGH. Desert. I HATE deserts. >_<

There's only 2 desert chapters (C1 and C4) so don't worry.

Chapter 2:

Fun map. The enemies having 10-11 AS makes Ska and Lakche the only reliable double-attacker in my team (I do NOT use Oifey other than for courier work) although Celice and Lester (both at 14 Spd) can occasionally double as well. Delmud is still at 12 Spd but he's at 16 Str at level 7 so far.

If you don't use Oifey, Chapter 3 will be a pain.

The Soldiers are actually the biggest threat on the map amongst the grunt enemies. Their spears do not agree with your mostly sword-using team, and Johalva is too slow to double them for a quick kill. I used the 6 soldier by the boss to train up Yuria by using a iron-sword using Oifey as bait. Boss dies in three rounds to Yuria, since she;s the ONLY person on my team that can even damage him.

Your best bet against the soldiers is to place Johalva in a forest and let them come to him. He can weaken them enough for your other characters to finish.

Also thanks for your comments. Later on today I'll post another update including Shanan and Patty's palette.

Guest Wen Yang

ok, hammered through chapter 3, and I see what you mean with that comment.

Was slightly dissapointed that the axe-cavs and Fee with a sword has no animation.

Johan barely made it, Lakche reached him with risk to Life and Limb with Johan 1 hit away from death.

The enemies packing all three weapon types makes enemy-phase massacres hard to do, and Johalva starts to double in this chapter, although only on the axe-cavs. Had to us eOifey several times to both ferry Lakche to Johan and distract the rushing enemies.

Dannan is tough, since only Celice (W/Rapier) and the mages (who are OHKOed) deal reasonable damage to him. All around, pretty nice. :)

Was slightly dissapointed that the axe-cavs and Fee with a sword has no animation.

There's no public Axe Knight animation, so I can't do much about that. I asked MK404 if I could use the Peg with Sword animation on SoS, but didn't receive an answer.

Also I'm surprised you got Johalva doubling. Since his base is quite low and with only a 30% SPD growth.

Anyway, some Salem stuff to please Psych.

6891xh.png2ntffwj.png

There's no public Axe Knight animation, so I can't do much about that. I asked MK404 if I could use the Peg with Sword animation on SoS, but didn't receive an answer.

Also I'm surprised you got Johalva doubling. Since his base is quite low and with only a 30% SPD growth.

Anyway, some Salem stuff to please Psych.

6891xh.png2ntffwj.png

You are the only english-based fan who hasn't made a boring looking hack. I especially like your dialogue choice. There's a very distinct style about everything. Props, dude.

You are the only english-based fan who hasn't made a boring looking hack.

*Sigh*, Care to expound on that thought? Personally, all I'm seeing is Jugdral's second Generation, but in GBA format.

... no offense to Krad, of course.

Edited by The Blind Archer

*Sigh*, Care to expound on that thought? Personally, all I'm seeing is Jugdral's second Generation, but in GBA format.

... no offense to Krad, of course.

Sure:

all I find in other english-based fan-hacks is boring mess.

Does Salem have Narga blood?

If so.....what?

No, it is the name of a book. It is mentioned a few lines earlier in that conversation.

Actually, just read the entire conversation:

A lot of character development for a minor character? Why not?

Also, since it wasn't shown in the video, Salem's pallete:

13zx2dj.png

This is a slightly old picture, so Salem isn't doing as much damage, and receives a bit more.

Not that i dont like the FE4-5 portraits in this game but if you ever want to make them FE7 material, Arch/Optimus Troll has some good ones for the second gen even some Thracia ones. Just throwing it out there. Love your hack by the way:awesome:

He wouldn't actually be asking Arch, however. I don't think Arch really made any mugs for that project--he might have, but not many if he did. Most of the mugs were donated. I had several donated for the project a couple years ago, but I had them removed once the project wasn't being worked on--I'd be alright with letting this project use them as well.

But as I suggested earlier, I wouldn't worry about the graphics. The ones in-place at the moment are fine, and they can be amended later on if Krad changes his mind :)

• 3 weeks later...

So after losing all of this hack's data due to an error with my computer, I managed to restore most of it, losing just a few days of work. Now, Chapter 4 is finished.

jtqgsg.png4kuxbr.png2cy2mw6.pngauz6nb.png

Next patch will include promotion items, in the first screen you can see a promoted Skasaha. Next is Shanan vs the Boss, a ridiculous Oifey level up (which I'm only posting because it has a 0,0004% of happening), and a conversation between Skasaha and Shanan.

Oh yes, speaking about conversations, did someone find the secret village conversation in Chapter 3? Or paid a visit to Sophara? I hid quite a few things in that chapter for the demo.

Feedback (played through chapter 2):

Nothing to say about prologue. Decently designed map, not particularly annoying in any way (other than the cramped area in the middle of the map), and pretty spot-on with the difficulty. I don't think you can really make this map any more difficult without forcing the player to roll dice all the time, as the enemies do hit kind of hard...

Cleared Syn in 4 turns.

Cleared Sif in 9 turns.

Chapter 1 was super annoying. Everyone moves super slowly through the desert and Delmud is completely useless. Recruiting Johan at the end of the map was also kind of difficult to do without Lakche dying, but I probably should have sent Celice with her instead of with Skasahar up to the north end of the map. If I were to suggest a change to this chapter, it would be to take FE3 DS desert maps as an example and intersperse patches of sand tiles among the desert tiles so that I wouldn't have to move at 2 tiles per turn.

Ballistae were also annoying, but manageable after I KO'd one of them with Oifaye.

Routed enemy in 12 turns.

I liked chapter 2. Once again, double ballista made it difficult to get Yuria near the boss, but it became manageable after Oifaye KO'd one of them. The map was overall a little challenging because enemies approach from all sides and I didn't have Oifaye to help out, but I formed a diagonal wall of 3 units and blocked off half of the map, which made it significantly easier. The biggest (and only) beef I have about this map is that Yuria 3HKOs the boss even with Thani, and there's realistically no other way to damage him. I would suggest reducing his max HP by 1 in order to make Thani a clean 2HKO.

Recruited Yuria in 3 turns.

Seize in 10 turns.

Most of the characters I feel are fairly balanced. Oifaye is extremely good and almost unkillable, which may or may not be a bad thing, because I can imagine the game being just plain frustrating without him as good as he is now. Lakche and Skasahar have good offense but poor mobility, which I believe is a good thing. Conversely, Delmud's offense is significantly worse, but he has mobility to his advantage. So far, these characters appear balanced.

Celice is kind of weak, but also easy to feed EXP to considering that Lakche and Skasahar typically leave enemies in his KO range. I can imagine that he'll be significantly better later in the game. Lester is just kind of bad - he does poor damage, he usually only attacks once per turn, and his EXP gain is really low. You could try increasing his bases/level or reducing the class power of arch knights so that he gains more EXP from combat (which is what they did in FE5 with non-mounted bow units). Johalva is also pretty mediocre; he does a bunch of damage per hit, but his hit rates are generally not completely reliable and he doesn't particularly do anything well. I dunno, it's hard to balance infantry units that don't double.

Anyway, good work. I don't usually play hacks released in this forum, but this one seemed particularly well done.

Edited by dondon151