Character Discussion for RotE

Kanami

The discussion on IRC led to a few suggested workarounds, but the list isn't finished yet, and we need more input. I would have logged the discussion for convenience, but there was too much garbage data to filter through(no offense), so I'm just posting the results.

Raquel 18/18

Blake 15/15

Mireille 18/18

---

Bert 15/15

Veronika 15/15

Ranyin 15/15

---

Nadya 21/21

Gabbie 18/18

Aneda 15/15

---

Robin 12/12

John 24/24

Davod 15/15

---

Shadrak 15/15

Faatina 15/15

---

Sophia 12/12

Gytha 21/21

Chelsea 15/15

I'm also going to ask for some suggestions to help keep the current teams optimized while getting Faatina onto a three man team(preferably one that is tactically sound). I haven't gotten back to repurposing Shadrak yet so his condition for the battle isn't set yet, but as of right now, I do not mind where he goes or if he ends up on a duo team. That's inconsequential to me. I only ask that suggestions come with optimization in mind.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, Snowy wants a healer in his team. I don't want too many healers on my team.

I hereby request a trade. Chelsea for Davod. Is this acceptable?

Davod works best with John and Robin because both benefit from the bard boost in a good way(John avoids doubles, Robin depends on her Skl/Spd)

In contrast, Gytha and Sophia don't really benefit from Davod's bonuses. Sophia gets an extra point of Evd, but most of what hits her is autos.

Essentially, moving Davod fucks everyone over.

Essentially, moving Davod fucks everyone over.

I say this is an exaggeration. Anyone benefits from bards. The only difference is how much one benefits by. Also, it won't end the world if we do some switching-around. I'm glad this was brought into the rp its self instead of remaining ooc. Changes should be made accordingly, imo. We shouldn't be going after efficiency so much as what's ic. That's what I think, at least. It wasn't making sense with all these teams being ooc. Ic, it was a confused mess, at least from where I'm sitting, but now things are becoming clearer to the characters and they'll do as instructed: discuss and change around the combat teams as each of them thinks they should be changed.

[/size][/color]

I say this is an exaggeration. Anyone benefits from bards. The only difference is how much one benefits by. Also, it won't end the world if we do some switching-around. I'm glad this was brought into the rp its self instead of remaining ooc. Changes should be made accordingly, imo. We shouldn't be going after efficiency so much as what's ic. That's what I think, at least. It wasn't making sense with all these teams being ooc. Ic, it was a confused mess, at least from where I'm sitting, but now things are becoming clearer to the characters and they'll do as instructed: discuss and change around the combat teams as each of them thinks they should be changed.

Then again, sometimes you have to think for efficiency over IC. It's good if both overlap, but that isn't always the case. Not everyone is a high-class tactician. Just because they want to be with someone doesn't always mean it is a good idea. After all, in the midst of battle, such things don't really matter. We don't even have Supports anyway. *QAAM'ed*

I know. But I still think that what the characters think should be more important than strategy. I don't expect others to agree with me. It's just my piece.

I know. But I still think that what the characters think should be more important than strategy. I don't expect others to agree with me. It's just my piece.

One shouldn't take precedence over the other, but finding a good balance between the two is also quite difficult

Well, not so much that one is more important than the other, but that there has to be a balance.

To be honest, I don't see how what the characters think should be more important. The enemy will not care for such details, they will aim to defeat us so it's best we also focus on efficiency if only to survive. Remember, WE may know that a defeat won't be the end, but THEY don't. They could die at any time, they can't know better, so why not give some focus on efficiency? They have a very good IC reason to.

Unless somehow it never crossed their minds they could end like you know, Sammy, if they don't take precautions. Or they're just that overconfident...

On that note, efficient teams could decrease the difficulty of battles since we'll be at our best. That's a consistent complaint.

Areas of immediate interest highlighted in blue

Areas with edits highlighted in red

Raquel 18/18

Blake 15/15

Mireille 18/18

---

Bert 15/15

Veronika 15/15

Ranyin 15/15

---

Gabbie 18/18

Aneda 15/15

Faatina 15/15

---

Robin 12/12

John 24/24

Davod 15/15

---

Shadrak 15/15

Nadya 21/21

---

Sophia 12/12

Gytha 21/21

Chelsea 15/15

I would have a recommendation but I lost my train of thought while pasting the list so eh.

You weren't out of line, Disky. Don't worry about that.

Okay Snowy just a note here. Robin would actually do far better with another attacker on her team. A healer isn't strictly necessary since our best ones (Nadya and Sophia) can heal Robin to full easily apparently.

Extremely difficult to see the difference, honestly, but onto another minor detail. I think we should swap Mireille for John. As vulnerable as Robin tends to be, she's probably going to need defends every single turn, and if John gets that duty, then the rest of the party has to rely on defenders within their own teams. The only other team with a tank worthy of the title is Raquel's. I think we should switch Mireille for John since Raquel has enough hp to at least take a hit, and enough evade to avoid most. Blake can just get rescue spams(and Robin herself if Rothene doesn't show). If John's on their team then he won't be bogged down defending the same person every turn and we'll have some room to maneuver. Miri's a knight so she'd be able to defend Robin without exposing everyone else.

Update:

Raquel 18/18

Blake 15/15

John 24/24

---

Bert 15/15

Veronika 15/15

Ranyin 15/15

---

Gabbie 18/18

Aneda 15/15

Faatina 15/15

---

Robin 12/12

Mireille 18/18

Davod 15/15

---

Shadrak 18/18

Nadya 21/21

---

Sophia 12/12

Gytha 21/21

Chelsea 15/15

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 months later...

All right so here are the current groups:

Team "Cloak"

Raquel/Zach/Mirielle

Ranyin/Bert/Veronika

John/Sophia/Grant

Chelsea/Nanahm/Faatina

Team "Dagger"

Gytha/Synthia

Aneda/Gabbie/Nadya

Davod/Blake/Gar

Valter/Shadrak/Robin

Feel free to suggest changes, this is just what we came up with so far.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Can Valter be on a team with a lance user? It's fine if no one wants to switch, but if there are still swordmasters or heroes it'd be helpful.

• 3 months later...

Veronika would probably benefit from a bard team, since people with high Speed and Skill tend to get more out of bards. There are limited bard spaces though, so no problem with putting someone else there.

Nadya really doesn't care much where she goes.

Synthia and Valter need teams with defenders if they're not gonna die (or unless Synthia sticks to healing duty)

Katrina is a tank and is pretty self sufficient. I'd suggest sticking her somewhere you just need to fill a team out and she can defend anyone.

Being able to defend from anywhere, John can function with people who likewise don't need to get defended that much. Exceptions are abound, considering all the stuff enemies can use during a fight. And right now his AS isn't high so if he could get a bard... not a high priority though, perhaps.

Sophia would certainly need a defender.

If Nobushige can get in time for next battle, well, he can defend. But if he opts for his Force tome, he'd need someone to defend him instead.

And I guess that's my take on my characters.

I will repeat my mewling of self-interest and say that Gar desperately wishes to be paired with a Bard.

The Bard's boost will modify his stats into thus:

SKL: 15 SPD: 15

MT: 11 Doubles=10, Triples=6

Enemy Average AS for the Manse Battle was 5.9, Average HP was 16.4 and Average DEF was 3.5.

I will repeat my mewling of self-interest and say that Gar desperately wishes to be paired with a Bard.

Seconding this.

Blake and Grant can go wherever, mainly because the former now can take a physical hit or two, and the latter's a pseudo-tank. Though, a Bard would be nice, especially for the former.

CURRENT TEAMS

Lia / Tina / Davod

Raquel / Gytha / Miri

Nadya / Bert / Valter

Grant / Synthia / Luka

Nika / Shadrak / Katrina

Gar / Robin / Mushirah

Gabbie / Aneda / Chelsea

Zach / Blake

Tanks:

Katrina

Miri

Mushirah

Off-tanks:

Aneda

Grant

Gytha

Bert

Gabbie

Offensive:

Gar

Lia

Robin

Zach

Nika

Valter

Blake

Faatina

Healers:

Nadya

Shad

Synthia

Luka

Utility:

Raquel

Davod

Edited by roymbrog

Okay so Eail has a stupid idea for things after talking to Roy for a good portion of the day. I'm thinking about re-purposing Luka into a Gar-ish type character or a Bard/healer.

Which would be more preferable in the opinion of you guys?