Event Hacking for Dummies

Arch

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I want to ask a couple of questions. First off I am hacking FE7 and I was wondering if you can tell me how I can add Merlinus earlier than when he's recruited. Secondly, I was wondering if you can tell me how to make weapons, because I can't find that anywhere. Thanks for the great tutorial page, it's help me lots!

Hello. I want to ask a couple of questions. First off I am hacking FE7 and I was wondering if you can tell me how I can add Merlinus earlier than when he's recruited. Secondly, I was wondering if you can tell me how to make weapons, because I can't find that anywhere. Thanks for the great tutorial page, it's help me lots!

To get Merlinus to show up earlier, you load him in an earlier chapter (requires editing the events). To make sure he gets deployed, give him loading coordinates in the chapter data editor.

Weapons are created/edited with the Item editor. Depending on how many you add, you may need to move the item table/array to some free space.

Also, these questions are better off being asked in the Questions subforum.

• 8 months later...

HEYA FELLAS! i am troubling with text editor (feditor)

this are the setting I insert in EVENT ASSEMBLER.

Opening_event:
OOBB
LOU1 Good
ENUN
LOU1 Bad
ENUN
FADI 10
BACG 0x0D
MUSC 0x08
FADU 10
Tex1 0x0815
REMA
ENDA

then this are what is the Tex1

[OpenFarLeft][LoadFace][0x16][0x01]
I overslept..Lloyd will[.] 
scold me because of this.[A]

blah blah blah etc.

PROBLEM1: however when I play the game(i saved it), The game freeze after background load, then annoying sound like the gameboy chip/game was removed from the gameboy. 

PROBLEM2: However when I play the game, but I wrote Text(0815) instead of tex1 0x0815, this what happen(check my screencap), it appear different text, but I am confident that the text i input is 815

Untitled.png

Edited by KeanuB

2 hours ago, KeanuB said:

HEYA FELLAS! i am troubling with text editor (feditor)

this are the setting I insert in EVENT ASSEMBLER.

In the future, please post questions like this in the Questions subforum. Event related questions should go in the Event Assembler Questions thread. You'll get a lot more help this way.

As for your text, I don't see a [X] at the end of your text snippet. This is required.
When you edit text with FEditor, make sure you hit Apply, then save the ROM.
It's also a good idea to just save the ROM in FEditor, close it, then re-open it.

11 hours ago, Primefusion said:

In the future, please post questions like this in the Questions subforum. Event related questions should go in the Event Assembler Questions thread. You'll get a lot more help this way.

As for your text, I don't see a [X] at the end of your text snippet. This is required.
When you edit text with FEditor, make sure you hit Apply, then save the ROM.
It's also a good idea to just save the ROM in FEditor, close it, then re-open it.

I actually insert [X] at the end. but it do not show the character portrait, the text box, the text I insert, but it only appear the text of Affa's drop info(?) I will redirect this question to the link you provide, but with good detail.

Heya fellas, I want to add setting where lord dies game over, I know this is already added to the setting but I realized this:

when Im palying my hack, I realize that when eliwood(eliwoodlordclass) died, nothing happen. but when Lyn(LynLordClass) die, game over. 

I want to add setting where even if eliwood died, the game wiill be over/failed.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:39 PM, SwordKeanu! said:

Heya fellas, I want to add setting where lord dies game over, I know this is already added to the setting but I realized this:

when Im palying my hack, I realize that when eliwood(eliwoodlordclass) died, nothing happen. but when Lyn(LynLordClass) die, game over. 

I want to add setting where even if eliwood died, the game wiill be over/failed.

Make sure that Eliwood's death quote has an ID of 0x65, and you have "CauseGameOverIfLordDies" in your misc. events.

Also, you should be asking event questions in the Event Assembler Questions thread, not here.