Event Assembler Questions Thread

CT075

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random LOU1s were simply for myself, they dont affect the event in anyway.

I am still having trouble with the overlap- but this may be due to the fact that I'm unsure what to do after moving it. (I may have only given it a 2nd location as opposed to moving it however)

As said, for some reason the chapters work individually of each other- only the one reassembled before will work, while the other will not.

Is it possible to remove, or to "clean" the a certain space in the hex editor? As I said, it could be writing over the original space, causing a problem. But if you think its still over writing it I'll move it farther back and tell you the results

to "clean" the space just replace it with FF

I am still having trouble with the overlap- but this may be due to the fact that I'm unsure what to do after moving it.

After you move it, you leave it. You've already got EventPointerTable which means that the EA will repoint your events for you, so you don't have to worry about that.

Also, moving the events and giving it a "second location" are the exact same thing

Once again, did you try changing ORG 0xDA1300 to something else?

I did, only to find out the second place overlapped with your previous suggestion. (Did this prior to seeing it)

I am currently changing the location a third time, this time to somewhere that will not overlap.

It works perfectly.

Thank you both- sorry for having to deal with me.

The other problem of chapter 4 was hopefully just caused by backtracking through chapters, and should hopefully work fine- if not I'll cry.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44791&p=2798728

If you haven't applied this patch, only the lord of the mode or the character with that ID (i.e. 0x01 or 0x02) will be able to seize. If you apply this patch, then Eliwood, Lyn and/or Hector and/or their equivalents that you have made can seize. It's not tied to class, it's tied to character ID.

Hi, I don't really know if my question is linked to Events, but I was wondering how I could make the other phase skip completely. Because I'm doing a chapter without enemies.

But there's also non acting NPCs in it and it'd be quite nice to have their phase skipped. Thanks a lot~

^Thank you.

This will hopefully this will be the last time I bother you guys.

After consulting each guide, video tutorial, the liberies, etc. I still have been unable to get the bosses death quote to load.

To get this problem out of your hair, I'd like to ask if anyone could tell me whatever they can that relates to it- whether AFEV, DefeatBoss, ORG, etc.

The more info you angrily caps lock at me, the more of a chance I can find out whats wrong, and can finally stop bothering you for a while-

as well as releasing the beta version of my hack.

So I beg you, tell me the most basic of info concerning the death quote, it could easily be something I haven't seen in a guide, or may have overlooked.

I'll give you what I'm currently testing to no avail with.

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
AFEV 0x00 Ending_event 0x02
I've heard of versions where offsets are used as opposed to pointers, but am unsure how I would accomplish this.
Misc_events:
DefeatBoss(Ending_event)
Only macro I know of besides the one's that have been linked to me (Which I have attempted, and failed. Sorry Agro/Blazer.)
Unsure if anything else is needed other than the info in nightmare, which is always
0x43
Text value 0xxxx
0x00
0x02.
Any suggestions welcomed.

Two things to keep in mind:

1 - There are two death quote tables, one for Lyn mode and one for Eliwood/Hector mode. This is how Lyn mode characters have different death quotes on each mode. Make sure you're putting the death quote in the right table. I think the nightmare module combines both tables in one module so you'll have to check which table you're in by looking at the bosses that appear in the list.

2 - I don't remember if this is correct for death quotes, but it is true for battle quotes: If your boss quote uses an event ID, it will not load if that event ID is triggered somewhere else. E.g.: If you have a village that uses event ID 0x5, and a boss quote that uses ID 0x5, then visiting that village will prevent the boss's quote from appearing.

Edited by BoxMulder

Two things to keep in mind:

1 - There are two death quote tables, one for Lyn mode and one for Eliwood/Hector mode. This is how Lyn mode characters have different death quotes on each mode. Make sure you're putting the death quote in the right table. I think the nightmare module combines both tables in one module so you'll have to check which table you're in by looking at the bosses that appear in the list.

2 - I don't remember if this is correct for death quotes, but it is true for battle quotes: If your boss quote uses an event ID, it will not load if that event ID is triggered somewhere else. E.g.: If you have a village that uses event ID 0x5, and a boss quote that uses ID 0x5, then visiting that village will prevent the boss's quote from appearing.

About the 1st point. Using the Death Quote editor part 2 for Lyn's mode works perfectly. You just have to... Use it.

For example I used Oleg's death quote slot (0x4A if i'm right) in the chapter 1 : footstep of fate.

And it works. So it's not a game mode question.

The 2nd point is probably Pack yak's problem, since the default trigger ID is 0x02 for every boss if you except Kishuna in chapter 18x/19x, Jasmine&Paul, and the Black Fang morphs in the final chapter.

But in every chapter where there's only one boss the trigger ID is 0x02.

So just make sure this Trigger ID isn't used in your events or change it. Maybe one of your events like a character event have 0x02 as Event ID

Edited by Solum

I would use this :

Misc_events:

DefeatBoss(Ending_event)
AFEV

You load (in this case) Oleg on the map, and if you kill him the Ending_event triggers.

Also, did you check the old boss's death quote in the editor?

You need to "remove" the old boss's death quote from your chapter. Else you'll have the old boss's death quote with trigger ID # 0x02 active... AND Oleg with the same trigger ID # 0x02

Check this if you didn't and move the old boss's death quote to another chapter.

Example :

I want my new boss's death quote to be used on Lyn's Prologue, using Oleg's Death quote.

You have two ways to do this :

1 - Search for the original boss's death quote in the Prologue ( Batta ) and change the character parameter into Oleg.

2 - Search for Oleg's Death quote and change the chapter parameter into Prologue : a girl from the plains

THEN move to Batta's quote and change the chapter his death quote is used in. Else you'll have Batta and Oleg as boss in the prologue with the same ID 0x02.

Edited by Solum

Well. I don't put anything more than the defeatboss code in misc events when I want his death to end the chapter.

Does the boss' death triggers the Ending_event correctly?

what about the death quote now? Is it showing up too when you kill the boss?

^ looked through nightmare, everything was "normal"

Besides DefeatBoss/AFEV is there anything else I should put in the textfile for the death quote to be triggered?

No one here knows what you mean by "normal", dude. Does that mean you didn't change anything? Does that mean nothing should be interfering with it?

Once again, did you even look at my link on how to do death quotes with events? When Trigger IDs fail (and they sometimes do), death quote events should always work.

I looked at your link for death quote macros- after trying I still managed to fail.

By "normal" I mean the default options of 0x02 for trigger ID, the bosses all on the chapters assigned, etc.

The death quote event still does not show up.

Maybe an example if not to hard could be given?