FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

It's not a patch, this isn't a rom hack; but to my knowledge yes you should be able to.

What exactly are you asking about knife? It has a lot of parts to it(and most of them are obvious if you just look at a thief's inventory).

AS for crossbow uhh... I believe it's exactly the same as any other weapon?

Mastery skills aren't exactly a thing(at least in terms of how they were in fe9/10), but warriors gain Colossus, which gives them extra weapon might if their constitution is higher than their opponents(up to a cap of +5).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a patch, this isn't a rom hack; but to my knowledge yes you should be able to.

That's what I'm wondering: how do you keep save data after downloading and extracting a new version of the game? I can't locate any obvious save file.

Hey bwdyeti! I'm a HUGE fan of your work with Immortal Sword and I was just wondering if you'd be willing to give some sort of date as to when part 2 will be available?

Alright, another few questions about skills in this game:

• How does "Knife" work exactly?
  • How does the AS Part of "Crossbow" work?
  • What's the Mastery Skill of the Warrior class?

Thanks in advance.

For knife, where atk formula is usual equation is (MT+WTA/D)x*effectiveness multiplier + str, knife is [(MT-3)+WTA/D]*effectiveness multiplier + (str+skl)/2. Also, obviously, it makes swords 1-2 range. Which is awesome.

Crossbowmen substitute (str+spd)/2 for spd.

You can check out the Warrior Mastery skill in trial map 3.

Basically, thieves need 6 or more SKL than STR in order to make up for the -3 MT penalty. But 1-2 range definitely makes it an overall buff. Especially if you consider effective weapons like Zanbato.

Speaking of damage/formula changes, any consideration been given for Crit=2x dmg as opposed to 3x? The latter is FE tradition but I've always thought that 2x would be a lot more balanced. Lowers player frustration when an enemy does crit (more likely to survive), and also makes it so enemies aren't automatically one-shot either. Would mean that you could also give bigger crit boosts to classes like Myrmidons or Snipers etc...

Especially because of the excess crit that units get from having >100% hitrate.

Not that 3x is bad or anything -- It's always been that. Just something to consider I suppose.

They do less ridiculous amounts of damage with effective weapons, however. The fact that they usually still have enough speed to double, and that range makes them not need the spd for avoid, usually makes up for it.

Having Leonard able to one round a guy if one of his two 30% crits activate is cool. I don't want him to need to activate both in that scenario. In all seriousness, crits doing less makes swift, brave weaspons, and doubling all that much more powerful. I also find that units will usually be either within the even an extra attack would kill them, or they're tanky enough to eat a critical, whether it's two or three times. Tanks already have a small enough place on the battlefield as is, I think.

Can you make each class have insanely powerful skills again like in Radiant dawn? And why not give crit+30 to swordmasters again? It's like people don't realise that being OP is fun.

Can you make each class have insanely powerful skills again like in Radiant dawn? And why not give crit+30 to swordmasters again? It's like people don't realise that being OP is fun.

It isn't? At each their own. I personally prefer a game that's mostly balanced (you are only as good as your enemies) but gives you some way to be stronger if you know how to. As far as FEs go, I like it if I can only have OP units if I plan how to make them from the start (through feeding them, building supports, give them the right skills, plan their inheritance if there's generations...) but even then they'll be stronger than most enemies but on par with bosses.

It isn't? At each their own. I personally prefer a game that's mostly balanced (you are only as good as your enemies) but gives you some way to be stronger if you know how to. As far as FEs go, I like it if I can only have OP units if I plan how to make them from the start (through feeding them, building supports, give them the right skills, plan their inheritance if there's generations...) but even then they'll be stronger than most enemies but on par with bosses.

I can agree with this. I also like it when, instead of just being op from the start, you have to work your way up from the bottom. That's why 3rd tier felt so satisfying in RD for me (though it could've been better if you literally started from level one for all characters).

I can agree with this. I also like it when, instead of just being op from the start, you have to work your way up from the bottom. That's why 3rd tier felt so satisfying in RD for me (though it could've been better if you literally started from level one for all characters).

I strongly disagree with that.

FE (Or games in general) should have a difficulty curve that slowly rises as you progress through the game. If anything, it's the early game that should be easier. Especially since you have far less options.

Having Leonard able to one round a guy if one of his two 30% crits activate is cool. I don't want him to need to activate both in that scenario. In all seriousness, crits doing less makes swift, brave weaspons, and doubling all that much more powerful. I also find that units will usually be either within the even an extra attack would kill them, or they're tanky enough to eat a critical, whether it's two or three times. Tanks already have a small enough place on the battlefield as is, I think.

I don't really see why you would be comparing the addition of x2 crits to the current balance of the game. If crits were to be nerfed, then another things can change.

In the end though, I would see it as a positive thing since you would be able to prepare for and plan around enemy potential crits, you can provide bigger crit boosts to certain classes to give them more flair, and you also better balance killer weapons and the mechanic of having excess crit after >100% hit.

Leonard could just be buffed if it would be an issue.

Plus I disagree with doubling/braves being stronger because of it. Should take a hint from Fates and only let them x2 attack on player phase. Doubling just means you have twice the chance to crit. So you can go either way on that.

I honestly think it'll be quite a bit more healthier for the game, but that's just my own standpoint.

The game wouldn't necessarily get easier as the enemies can use third tier classes as well. They'd just take a bit of time to catch up that's all...on the easier modes that is! On harder modes, they'd start with higher classes much earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

Being slightly OP is fun. It's why Sacred Stones is one of my favorite games FE games.

But stupidly OP (like OHKO'ing every foe on the battlefield) is not fun. It's just cheap. lol

Plus I disagree with doubling/braves being stronger because of it. Should take a hint from Fates and only let them x2 attack on player phase.

Rather than that, just remove the chance to crit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there, little buddy

8KZU2IJ.png

EDKeiKG.png

disclaimer- from v0.4, I believe

On the up side, his str and skl are pretty ridiculous for a lvl 4 t1. Not that that's that helpful on its own.

Edited by deranger

Hang in there, little buddy

8KZU2IJ.png

EDKeiKG.png

disclaimer- from v0.4, I believe

On the up side, his str and skl are pretty ridiculous for a lvl 4 t1. Not that that's that helpful on its own.

9c972fc4a7.png

His speed didn't get much better, so I gave him the Speedwings from the Ch.11 camp to help boost it a little. I think my Harken is STR-blessed.

Your Harken looks... scary.

Your Harken looks... scary.

Thanks.

I've grown pretty fond of these guys. Less statistically scary, but more scary when combined with abilities:

8dlA5JU.png

He was better after he 1 rounded the final boss, but I didn't grab a picture of that. Alas. A bit scary that this is apparently pretty avg. Hassar is the best Est. (Different playthrough, this was on hard on the second most recent patch).

Edited by deranger

approximately when he finishes it

Very funny. I'm just asking if he's posted a status update anywhere, seeing as how there's several different websites where the devs chronicle their progress.

Edited by Big Boss

Downloaded and played this, amazingly impressed with the level of detail. Every chapter feels carefully constructed and well-thought out. The beefier HP stats make for some more interesting strats since it's rare to one-round enemies. Been really enjoying it so far.

Very much looking forward to seeing more of this as well as the release of FEXNA. Amazing job team, creators should be proud of this.

• 1 month later...