FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your hack but can I offer a couple suggestions?

The Config -> Animation -> Solo doesn't work. normally i think it goes to a list of units you have and then goes from there, but yours doesn't do that.

Could we have adjustable controls? I'm not sure if you know how to do that, but... I'm used to B being the B key, not X.

There's something lagging weirdness with when people move, and normally it shows who targets who when enemies are about to attack.

Other than those minor nitpicks (made it sorta hard for me to want to try each map after getting the main lord killed, cause it felt so slow and clunky) this hack is beautiful.

It is a hack by the definition that BwdYeti hates so much.

It definitely has nothing to do with ROMs or a Gameboy Advance though

It is a hack by the definition that BwdYeti hates so much.

It definitely has nothing to do with ROMs or a Gameboy Advance though

...How is it a hack, then? That makes no sense.

The Config -> Animation -> Solo doesn't work.  normally i think it goes to a list of units you have and then goes from there, but yours doesn't do that.

Could we have adjustable controls?  I'm not sure if you know how to do that, but...  I'm used to B being the B key, not X.

There's something lagging weirdness with when people move, and normally it shows who targets who when enemies are about to attack.

Seeing as this is not a hack, he has to code all features and things from scratch. He isn't done with all the coding. Far from it. So, those things you mentioned aren't done yet.

He was actually talking about doing a Solo animation soon enough.

The controls will probably be done as well, though I'm not sure if it'll jsut be a few modes, or entirely adjustable.

The lagging issues have been addressed many times, and currently it's not perfect yet, but it should be good enough.

Though, you kinda need a fast computer if you want it to play fast enough.

I'm not sure what you mean about the targeting thing, and I'm quite sure Yeti's already implemented that, but I could be wrong.

Seeing as this is not a hack, he has to code all features and things from scratch. He isn't done with all the coding. Far from it. So, those things you mentioned aren't done yet.

Ummmm... I offered some criticism/things that bugged me so I mean, this statement serves no purpose. Feels like he ripped the FE7 engine.
He was actually talking about doing a Solo animation soon enough.
Fair enough.
The controls will probably be done as well, though I'm not sure if it'll just be a few modes, or entirely adjustable.
Honestly I'd prefer the latter simply because the README makes no sense as far as controls go and neither do the images provided in the thing.
The lagging issues have been addressed many times, and currently it's not perfect yet, but it should be good enough. Though, you kinda need a fast computer if you want it to play fast enough.
No you don't understand what I mean by lagginess; I probably don't actually mean lag so I apologize for saying that. When you select where the unit moves (from point A to point B) and you have that unit move, it's not smooth at all is what I meant. Take a look at the game at its max speed and compare it to
and you'll see what I mean. I have a pretty fast computer and everything else was smooth except the to-battle and from-battle transitions. I feel like there's generally clunkiness in this hack, as good as it is, so I'm just doing honest criticism.
I'm not sure what you mean about the targeting thing, and I'm quite sure Yeti's already implemented that, but I could be wrong.
, see how (if you don't press A or space bar or w/e) when Lloyd attacks it shows a little target over Wallace before he attacks? That's what I mean. It makes it hard to tell who an enemy's going to attack and it's kind of annoying to be honest cause I'm used to seeing that target indicator. Edited by Mercenary Raven

Feels like he ripped the FE7 engine.

Except he didn't. He literally coded everything from scratch to make it feel like Fire Emblem. That's the entire point. It's not a hack, it's a game made with RPG Maker X ' x'

^that.

No you don't understand what I mean by lagginess; I probably don't actually mean lag so I apologize for saying that. When you select where the unit moves (from point A to point B) and you have that unit move, it's not smooth at all is what I meant. Take a look at the game at its max speed and compare it to this and you'll see what I mean. I have a pretty fast computer and everything else was smooth except the to-battle and from-battle transitions.

Regarding this. That's becuase RPGMakerXP doesn't... flow the same way as GBA FE. Yeti's done his utmost to try and improve this. The same can be said about map scrolling. This isn't as... static as GBA FE.

It litterally slides through the map, instead of quick motions like in GBAFE. There's not too much that can be done about it.

Same youtube video I linked earlier, see how (if you don't press A or space bar or w/e) when Lloyd attacks it shows a little target over Wallace before he attacks? That's what I mean. It makes it hard to tell who an enemy's going to attack and it's kind of annoying to be honest cause I'm used to seeing that target indicator.

As I said before, he probably hasn't coded this part yet. It'll come in a later version without doubt.

Honestly I'd prefer the latter simply because the README makes no sense as far as controls go and neither do the images provided in the thing.

I often have a hard time understanding things like the pictures you mentioned, but even I understood them without too much trouble.

But don't worry, in the future things will get easier. It's just that Yeti has more pressing matters to attend.

Ummmm... I offered some criticism/things that bugged me so I mean, this statement serves no purpose. Feels like he ripped the FE7 engine.

It's 100% relevant. And it obviously has a purpose.

Yeti didn't touch a ROM.

He uses RPGMakerXP, which is used for entirely different games (mostly Final Fantasy-esque games).

He coded... thousands? of lines to change the mechanics so that it reflects that of FE as much as possible.

Why? Becuase with this, there will be much more possible to do, almost no restrictions, and so on.

And as I said, he isn't done with every piece of mechanics and features, so of course there are still tiny things missing.

It's okay though that you mention these things. It's easy to forget tiny things, so thanks.

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

So yeah update for FEE3, general improvements, difficulties added, and a certain someone starts with a promotion item?

And by someone I mean Hyde

Screen44.png

Screen45.png

Let's rock

Screen46.png

yes

More info and links and such at the FE7x board, or in the first post

Wow, isn't it funny how a character in my hack also pulls wings out of nowhere and kicks ass right afterwards

Seriously though it's looking awesome, battle sprite and portrait and all. Also I'm tempted to call "Epistemic Codex" "Epic Codex" for short. XD

It's okay though that you mention these things. It's easy to forget tiny things, so thanks.
Precisely my purpose, I didn't mean to sound confrontational or anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

C- strange that it hasn't been posted here but with the release of FEXP, FE7x is now being coded in XNA. Which means more freedom and hopefully none of the bullshit errors/lag that came with the RMXP platform!

Yay for that!

also regarding controls you should just be able to hit F1 and set them however you want?

If you want to list things we don't have done yet we beat you to it and our list is way bigger.

Edited by miniBladez

• 2 months later...