FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

By the way, where is the chapter 7's knight crest? I've looked for it during my run, but I couldn't find it. ;_;

Bring Eagler, Marcus, Isadora, and Harken, and execute the talk chain.

Also, anyone if the below image is from any of the releases so far? I can't imagine it being from post Uther's story, but who knows.

chars.png

Also, that image of Isadora's growths ont he features page sets the bar way too high. That's basically a perfect levelup for her.

Edited by deranger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a bug. I made a vid for this bug. It involves the rescue with a cav and they constantly drop and pick back up in an endless loop.

soz im a noob here so i don't really know how to post.

This game is amazing, but unfortunately, I think its RNG hates me . . . ;-;

[spoiler=Feelin' the RNG Wrath]

Marcus is getting tops 3 stats increased per LV Up (on a REALLY good LV Up), and the others aren't much better, save Harken who is simply amazing. 76% Hit Rate ballistae are hitting like they've got a 100%, and I'm missing even on 96%. James insta-crit Harken with a 5-6% chance, while Toni with her Short Bow can't crit to save her live despite having a 20%. Assuming this game is using the more up-to-date RNG system, James' crit would be more like 1-2% and Toni's would be more like 17% (just kind of guesstimating; don't have the chart in front of me right now), but either way, I'm getting RNG-screwed, methinks.

Though I will say, I am in love with the loop of EXP that lasts as long as your wallet. Every time a unit gets hurt, use Eagler's sacrifice to heal that unit. Then follow up with Madelyn healing him right after. If somehow Madelyn ends up getting attacked (if you're careless) this loop works for that, too. Free 10 EXP to Eagler every time if you don't directly use Madelyn to heal (which helps him LV up LOADS faster without being an EXP-hog). Just gotta be careful not to break the bank buying Heal staves.

Ignore this~

Just gonna second that crits do use single RNG, and always have in FE

and confirm that FE7x is double RNG when rolling to hit

You've just been incredibly unlucky.

Edited by Melissa

James is not really that hard iirc. Bait him with Cybil or Magnus, and kill him with Hassar.

chapter 9 op plz nerf pl0xx (seriously, chapter 9 is a pain)

The chapter's turn limit is a fake. It's actually 20 turns.

My main strategy was to draft Armorslayer/Zambato!Leonard+Isadora/+Harken, HeavySpear!Cybil/Eagler/Marcus (whoever works for you), Eiry, Madelyn, and Toni/Hassar. (if you have more slots, pick whoever can fill in addition)

Keep a Javelin for Bennett. The guy's pretty good on hard mode because he can do things like doubling and dealing damage at the same time.

Try to use the slaying weapons really till they're out on this chapter. You won't need them this much afterwards, so use them if they can help you to get the kill. Leonard is a huge boon for this chapter along Eiry due to their ability to deal heavy damage without getting retaliated. Cybil is good for getting the village and getting back to the action.

Send Uther to get Bennett back. Use the Light Brand to kill the Shaman and the Lancereaver against the Armorknight (or the Claymore). Get them out of the picture before Bennett comes. Move your team upwards.

This chapter's pretty easy once you figured it out to be honest. Though sometimes you just wanna smash your head with the RNG. xD

James is not really that hard iirc. Bait him with Cybil or Magnus, and kill him with Hassar.

It's not that I thought he was difficult. I just got extremely unlucky with the evil RNG deciding to bless the man with a crit against Harken, so 10 damage, which Harken would have survived, turned into a deadly 30.

It's not that I thought he was difficult. I just got extremely unlucky with the evil RNG deciding to bless the man with a crit against Harken, so 10 damage, which Harken would have survived, turned into a deadly 30.

That's why I told Cybil or Magnus ^^

Iirc Base Cybil/Magnus have enough stats to survive a crit from the boss. They're just better to bait him since he has a slightly good critical rate.

I'll give Cybil this: she's prolly one of the best walls to use against mages in that game with her Res being one of her highest stats. lol

Good, but not quite as good as Eiry at it. Unless the mage in question also has disruption.

Eiry is the best wall period though.

Edited by deranger

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, making map designs takes a crap ton of work, first it must be beta-tested, if it doesn't work they most likely do lots of edits... until the chapter can be considered fair and ready for public.

...what are you talking about lol

to address that odd question, it lacks the rest of the engine being finalized, the chapters being complete, and text to be completed. Basically, it lacks the rest of the game :S

...what are you talking about lol

to address that odd question, it lacks the rest of the engine being finalized, the chapters being complete, and text to be completed. Basically, it lacks the rest of the game :S

Oh, actually I was expecting an answer more like "chapters 1-15 are done, the final game will contain 25 chapters, so there are still chapters 16-25 to be done, plus a route split" or something like that.

But thanks anyway!

Edited by Lawproto

Oh, actually I was expecting an answer more like "chapters 1-15 are done, the final game will contain 25 chapters, so there are still chapters 16-25 to be done, plus a route split" or something like that.

But thanks anyway!

The prologue, and chapters 2, 5-7x, 9, and 11-12 (Uther's part 1) are done. There are also 3 trial maps available as well. Everything needed for that part of the game, except for the druid mastery skill and the rogue's ranged animation is done, I believe (haven't checked those two in the most recent version). The project still requires a few battle animations, a lot of flinching frames, and quite a few mugs. I'm not sure how much the rest of the writing Myke's finished, though I'm sure revision is a large part of the process.

The prologue, and chapters 2, 5-7x, 9, and 11-12 (Uther's part 1) are done. There are also 3 trial maps available as well. Everything needed for that part of the game, except for the druid mastery skill and the rogue's ranged animation is done, I believe (haven't checked those two in the most recent version). The project still requires a few battle animations, a lot of flinching frames, and quite a few mugs. I'm not sure how much the rest of the writing Myke's finished, though I'm sure revision is a large part of the process.

Very interesting, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Man, hadn't played this one in years, the extra content and more chapters is very nice good to see that the first seemingly is done.

Aw but can't wait for the swordmasters the Astra battle animation always gets me :D, I hope we get myrmidon soon just for that.

Great work ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

power is calculated by 2.5*bow Mt (rounded down, I believe), instead of str+Mt. The range advantage (or disadvantage, once they get promoted) gets factored in after this multiplier (as opposed to WTA/D being factored in before effectiveness multiplers for slayer weapons and the like). Also, the allied crossbowman in chapter 7 is a glitch. Not sure if that's still in there, but he was immensely helpful. He disappears never to be seen again once the chapter ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, another few questions about skills in this game:

• How does "Knife" work exactly?
  • How does the AS Part of "Crossbow" work?
  • What's the Mastery Skill of the Warrior class?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by N30