FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

Yeti linked me this: http://monogame.codeplex.com/documentation since I also use a mac.

IDK if it actually works since I've been too lazy to make it work, but maybe try that and Wine together.

Or something.

After I linked it I looked at it more and I think it's stuff I would have to implement to the code and release as a separate version

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played the demo using Crossover for Mac.

You guys should consider using it instead of Wine, because imo it's better. (For me, at least.)

Well, I downloaded the thing that Lumi linked, and couldn't get FE7x to run. I tried downloading both the XNA and .NET framework but I don't believe they work on the Mac. So here I am stuck once again. I do appreciate the help Lumi, but I don't think it worked. Also, I don't have as much knowledge on computers as I'd like, so can someone possibly help me through this? Any help I get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to help.

If all else fails get a copy of windows 7 or something and run bootcamp.

After I linked it I looked at it more and I think it's stuff I would have to implement to the code and release as a separate version

Sadfais ; ^;

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Two hours of slogging through TR2, one near miss after another, and I accidentally got Uther killed on Boston.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nerf that son of a bitch, please ;_;

Why would he nerf a boss that won't actually be that tough in the actual game? These maps are simply test maps to show off the game, nothing more. He can allow them to be a bit ridiculous.

Besides, if you're really having trouble, just arena abuse a bit and kick his ass with an epic team of promoteds :B

The arena works? Thought it was still a placeholder. Huh.

It's still a little bit daunting when basically only Fargus and Roies can put a meaningful dent in him... then again I also killed that thief with the Orion's Bolt by accident.

Overworld map screen looks sweet.

Is a 14 strength, 8 speed Cybil typical?

Also, has guts been fully implemented, because a 10 hp Uther has 13 Str +3 guts +9 mt from any of his swords (+1 WTA sometimes)= 25/26 Atk, and is still doing 0 dmg to a 21 Def +2 Focus +2 Throne= 23 Def Boston both when Boston has his wind sword and Silver Axe equiped. (Uther's listed Atk is 22, not 25/26 as it should be. His counter attacks did 0 damage, so it's not a listing problem. His skill, and therefore hit, did increase as he was getting shanked by Boston.)

But god I love this game, it does EVERYTHING so well, so much so that it's (IMO) better than the the GBA fire emblems in every way, save perhaps amount of content (so far).

Edited by deranger

Also, has guts been fully implemented, because a 10 hp Uther has 13 Str +3 guts +9 mt from any of his swords (+1 WTA sometimes)= 25/26 Atk, and is still doing 0 dmg to a 21 Def +2 Focus +2 Throne= 23 Def Boston both when Boston has his wind sword and Silver Axe equiped. (Uther's listed Atk is 22, not 25/26 as it should be. His counter attacks did 0 damage, so it's not a listing problem. His skill, and therefore hit, did increase as he was getting shanked by Boston.)

...Huh. It is broken.

...Oh are you kidding me. I had it test if the opponent has Nihil and if so to disable the atk bonus from GUTS... except I commented out of the if statement so it always nullified the bonus. :x

It's fixed now but not going to bother reuploading since it's not a huge thing ._.

And no that's a very atypical Cybil. The PCs in the trial maps are auto-leveled to be strong enough to be used in the maps, and Cybil goes from lvl 5 to lvl 10/11, so the RNG being silly can always happen. Her average str/spd at lvl 11 are 11 and 14, so you know

So even the God of Animations can't do it alone

Seriously though, I think it was amazing enough that you rebuilt the entire engine this quickly, unless I'm overestimating the difficulty in which case- you still coded from scratch a comprehensive functional FE engine, which is amazing in and of itself.

The long and short of it is, take your time, you've done plenty quicker than most people I've seen. Like VF and his damn SRW Engine.

Although seriously how can you have so much talent, that shits got to be illegal. like Levin/Fury except stats don't wrap around if they exceed 20, so you got like 50 speed and laugh in the face of peasents

What he mostly needs are competent spriters, in both battle and mug making. And I'm talking competent, like, TheBlindArcher and up. i.e., myself, AK, LuminescentBlade, Vamp, Pi, Noe, AstraLunaSol, Yeti himself, etc.

Dunno what standards he wants for battle spriters, but I do know that Sploder's done some work on Yeti's animations. So if anyone is as good as Sploder at battle animating, you could ask to help out ' x'

if you don't know who Sploder is, his gallery is in the spriting section somewhere.

It's stuff like this that motivates me to improve my hacking (yes I know it's not a hack but you understand what I'm saying hopefully). This looks amazing. I have a lot of time on my hands since I'm not healthy enough to return to school just yet, so if there is anything I can do to help out let me know! I'm a newbie though so I doubt you would want my assistance in all honesty. Thought that counts though, right?

So even the God of Animations can't do it alone

It's not that I can't do it alone, it's that it would take even more years than it already has :i

Seriously though, I think it was amazing enough that you rebuilt the entire engine this quickly, unless I'm overestimating the difficulty in which case- you still coded from scratch a comprehensive functional FE engine, which is amazing in and of itself.
I had the old engine as a cheat sheet basically, and just translated the code from Ruby/RGSS to C#/XNA; but there were still a ton of bits that had to be rewritten or optimized or fixed so it was still pretty intensive

Anyway at the moment we're actually pretty well off on battle sprites, Sploder and Rag went through pretty much all of the animation plans I had lined up and then I spent 7 months coding instead of making more plans, but what we really need right now is faces. And, like Seph said, quality ones :M

And big-sized ones, too :P

Speaking of battle animations, I figure I should post this here, is the Harken-looking sprite in this topic (in one of the screenshots, under the name "Ross") yours? And do you have anything to say about it?

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=5167

Excuse me in advance if I'm wasting your time

And big-sized ones, too :P

Speaking of battle animations, I figure I should post this here, is the Harken-looking sprite in this topic (in one of the screenshots, under the name "Ross") yours? And do you have anything to say about it?

http://forums.feshri...?showtopic=5167

Excuse me in advance if I'm wasting your time

>Grab an animation from one of the communities most well known and best spriter/animator

>THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY THIS COULD GO WRONG!

Well obviously potentially stupid people aside, I wish I could help with the portraits, I truly do. Unfortunatly this is exactly as much artistic talent as I have

So unfortunatly all I'm good for is morale support well that and maps, but Bwd probably has much better mappers than my lame ass already

Anyway at the moment we're actually pretty well off on battle sprites, Sploder and Rag went through pretty much all of the animation plans I had lined up and then I spent 7 months coding instead of making more plans,...

Stoked. So finishing those other half done recruitment drive stills shouldn't be climbing my priority list?

Edited by deranger

I'm probably of no help either then. I'm still an amateur, and I personally don't feel like I have any artistic ability whatsoever. As proof I posted some of the mugs that I've made like a month ago (not looking for any critique since, this isn't the right place for that, but if you have any suggestions lemme know I can always make a thread in the proper forum). If you think I got potential I'd love to help, otherwise I'm here for moral support too (unless you need a betatester since I have the time and patience). I'm expecting great things!

post-4603-085531300 1330576196_thumb.png

post-4603-024407800 1330576229_thumb.png