deranger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

pres39.png

Hunter-rangerish animation I've been working on. Bow and Arrow spin potential criticals on the left, regular animation on the right. Don't have anything concrete for the dodge yet. Will make gifs once I figure out how. So yeah, which critical looks better and other cnc.

Don't remember if any hector made it into the final product. Eliwood as a base, nomadic trooper for arrow blurs, Blade Lord and Archer for some arms. Lucius for the head. And I at least referenced every single bow using animation.

I like it a lot but I feel like the time between drawing the arrow and then knocking it in the bow is way too fast. Just slow it down and I think it'll be a pretty slick animation.

He doesn't move the shoulders at all XD

That's because unambition/laziness. His feet don't move either, it was just a matter of animating arms, bow, and arrow.

I feel like the time between drawing the arrow and then knocking it in the bow is way too fast. Just slow it down and I think it'll be a pretty slick animation.

I think it's the second arrow frame where the arrow swings in front of him that needs to be longer. Though I'll play around with both. The timing may go to hell when I Feditor it though, I'll have to figure that out later.

Anyways, thanks for the compliments and critique. Gotta try out the stuff recommended here and on fecafe, I'll have a tentatively improved one up soon.

Edited by deranger

One of the pixels on the left foot (our PoV) changes twice during the animation (goes from the medium shade to the darker one above it and then back a few frames later). The draw and notching time is better, though to be sure, you might consider checking (and possibly taking an average across) the times for several of the existing bow users; given the bow's size, Archer and Blade Lord would probably be the best starting place. The blur (?) frame when the arrow is being fired also makes it seem like the bow flashes... which animation was that frame modeled after, out of curiosity?

Edited by Lord Glenn

Ah, I see what you that stray pixel. Dammit.

I'm not sure if I want the notch and draw time regulated by other animations, as long as it doesn't look irrationally odd plus I'm too lazy.

The flash frame was originally based of what the Archer's bow does, but I took out the front layer of the medium shade because if made the bow look like it bounced backwards in the succeeding frame. I should probably darken the front of the current blur.

• 2 weeks later...