itt: i try this art thing again

Ciarre

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XD No problem~

Actually upon looking at pictures of running horsies, it looks like when one leg is straight, the leg on the exact opposite is also straight, kinda like if the front left leg is straightened, the back right leg is also straight. Then the others are bent. So yeah they would do that to keep balance on either side it looks like ^~^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The wyvern one is beautiful CR. I also quite like the archers one as I've stated before <3

...Shin's Ronan request you altered on the other hand made me laugh reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard.

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is bumping up contrast on the shadows, and also starting with a hard edge brush and quickly putting down your shadows and highlights. Then you can control areas where you have hard cast shadows and soft ambient shadows more easily. On the 2nd pic, the contrast between light and dark on the gloves is very high, but on the skin and her top, it is very low. I think the top one has a very clear light source but the 2nd character kind of has lights coming all over the place. However, the shading of her skin on the chest area is, placement-wise, very good and form describing, with a really nice hard shadow on the neck and across the shoulder, while on the arms it's kind of bulgy and she doesn't really have proper wrists. Generally all I have to say is work harder and maybe block things out in large areas first before going in and fussing with details. This is a common mistake but you don't have to shade individual hairs. Just imagine the hair as clumps first and then maybe detail a few select areas like where the light is at its brightest.

Thanks, Clipsey and thanks for the advice, Samias! I tried to work on the shading contrast in this pic, requested by Specta.

d08746ac9474a49bd7e1424be1ce7270.png?136

Edited by CR-S01

• 1 month later...

it took me a while to figure out why roofa was on the roof ._.

Horace = Butts + Lettuce... okay

The art is adorable so you should make some more. ^_^

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

i-i-i don't even

Kd7G4ip.jpg

Eeeeeeeee that's so cute~ Although a portion of those I don't exactly understand... ;~;

But also... Aiku's brown and I'm hot pink?? Those colours really need to be reversed~! And beard+moustache please~

Edited by Freohr Datia