The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

Dude, I haven't updated my avatar in a long time.

But I am getting better so my mugs don't look like complete crap anymore only partial craptongue.gif

It's also not like he's going to have to choose between you and yoshi and me, if he wanted to he could use all three of us. But it really is his decision,

Edited by Dr.Sholes

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

|:

Yeah, I don't think you get it. Time to be blunt!

I'm a much better spriter than you, and so is Yoshi. The both of us can produce things of much higher quality. Going back and making your work the same level of quality would be a waste of my time.

And you don't fix all of your problems. Your avatar's armor piece still looks like a disheveled piece of playdough.

Now, like I said:

So if he wants your sub-par splices, he can have them. If he'd rather two well seasoned spriters, who can both make FCs, do the work for him, I think he's covered.

This is why I don't like people like you. You act like you're so high and mighty just because you can do something better than someone else. I do like your work, it's very good, but that's no reason to trash someone elses work just because it's not as good as yours. Instead, why not offer some suggestions to help the guy out so next time you don't have anything to complain about? Comments like that don't help the newbies get any better, and in case you don't remember the issue between me and Cam, they're not generally well accepted.

This is why I don't like people like you. You act like you're so high and mighty just because you can do something better than someone else. I do like your work, it's very good, but that's no reason to trash someone elses work just because it's not as good as yours. Instead, why not offer some suggestions to help the guy out so next time you don't have anything to complain about? Comments like that don't help the newbies get any better, and in case you don't remember the issue between me and Cam, they're not generally well accepted.

Meh.

Sholes isn't horrible. He's gotten a lot better, recently. The problem I'm having is that his style and mine are extremely different (Because I do FCs, and have my own style, while he still splices) and having a ton of different styles rampant throughout a hack looks... stupid, to be blunt.

I've offered suggestions in Sholes gallery before; he didn't respond to it, and didn't fix it :E

And if you don't like how I act, who am I to care? xD

I'm extremely blunt. If people don't like that, I couldn't care less ~( ' 3')~

You might be blunt, but that's still no reason to trash someone's work in public, no matter how bad they are. if you have already left him comments like you say, and he hasn't taken your suggestions, then that changes some of what I said altogether.

You might be blunt, but that's still no reason to trash someone's work in public, no matter how bad they are. if you have already left him comments like you say, and he hasn't taken your suggestions, then that changes some of what I said altogether.

You'll get used to seph being blunt/ borderline asshole. /end off-topic

Since I hate non-canon shit don't have time, I'll download this once seph and yoshi kick in.

Nope, that's what objectivity is for.

Right now the objective is quality, correct?

Yeah, pretty much.

You'll get used to seph being blunt/ borderline asshole. /end off-topic

Since I hate non-canon shit don't have time, I'll download this once seph and yoshi kick in.

See, Deranger's got the idea ;3

Bah. I can't argue too much, because I said I do like his work. I wish I could get my hack up and running, because he's probably one of the people I would need for the type of portraits I want.

Also, I don't have a problem with Seph, I just don't like people bashing other people who are at least trying. At least he said he did try to help though, which is good.

;________; Not again.... I feel like there's bombs on my track or something....So much derailment.

I appreciate Dr. Sholes's willingness to help, but I think I might be able to communicate what I would like in a mug to Seph and Yoshi much more easily since they have more experience. Plus, since this is a smaller hack, there aren't as many mugs so two spriters should have this covered just fine.

Anyway, some of you may have noticed that in my future release plans I state that I have at least 1 animation done. Anyone curious as to what it may be? Behold, the Baron:

It's pretty basic, and has a few stray pixels that need to be cleaned up, but you get the idea.

As of right now, this will be an enemy only class and will be reserved for special bosses. I don't really intend to have Barons up the wazoo like FE4 >.>

Barons seem like they could break the class balance. As in, even a half decent one should be able to solo a map with a few vulneraries/elixers with high def and res, and magic which deals a fair amount of damage to most.

Well, like I said: It's currently an enemy only class. And will almost certainly stay that way. Lyn's stats are kind of for lulz anyway.

Right, reading all of your post. That makes sense.

Didn't you leave?

Anyway, it DOES help. Critique ALWAYS helps, and delusions of grandeur or even of mediocrity are not exactly helpful at any time. While Sholes is not exactly terrible, his sprites would look dreadfully out of place next to the others.

And yeah, this hack is looking really good! Keep it up!

Edited by Furetchen

Didn't you leave?

Anyway, it DOES help. Critique ALWAYS helps, and delusions of grandeur or even of mediocrity are not exactly helpful at any time. While Sholes is not exactly terrible, his sprites would look dreadfully out of place next to the others.

And yeah, this hack is looking really good! Keep it up!

laugh.gif I always say things like that when i'm mad. I do owe you an apology though.

I never said critique doesn't help, my point is if I posted a custom portrait (which, well, I did), and you comment back with "it looks like shit", or referring to it as "sub-par" that doesn't help. Comments regarding someone's work should always try to help in some way, not hurt, which Seph already stated he sent Sholes advice that was not taken. And like I said, I hope he does eventually take Seph's advice, because I like Seph's work, and Sholes is doing portraits for me.

Now, for more important things:

HOLY SHIT EPIC ANIMATION!!! Does FE4 really have Generals that can use magic? I hope you're gonna give your characters RES growths, cuz even being enemy-only, that's gonna hurt. Alot.

HOLY SHIT EPIC ANIMATION!!! Does FE4 really have Generals that can use magic? I hope you're gonna give your characters RES growths, cuz even being enemy-only, that's gonna hurt. Alot.

Yep, FE4 has Generals (The class name is Baron in FE4) that not only use anima magic (Fire, Wind, and Thunder) but can use all four physical weapon types and staves. There's also the Master Knight which is mounted and can use everything the Baron can but also Light magic.

The Baron will likely debut pretty close to the end, so if you're characters are hurting for resistance, their other stats will probably make up for it. I kind of want bosses to be challenging since, well, they're bosses.

And there seem to be a lot of arguments going on in my thread that aren't really related to the hack =/ I know I'm mini-modding a bit, but if you could take this to PMs I'd appreciate it smile.gif

I should also say that progress will be a little slow for the next couple weeks because I really need to focus on school. Third term calculus is really kicking my ass. sad.gif

Edited by Primefusion

Yep, FE4 has Generals (The class name is Baron in FE4) that not only use anima magic (Fire, Wind, and Thunder) but can use all four physical weapon types and staves. There's also the Master Knight which is mounted and can use everything the Baron can but also Light magic.

The Baron will likely debut pretty close to the end, so if you're characters are hurting for resistance, their other stats will probably make up for it. I kind of want bosses to be challenging since, well, they're bosses.

And there seem to be a lot of arguments going on in my thread that aren't really related to the hack =/ I know I'm mini-modding a bit, but if you could take this to PMs I'd appreciate it smile.gif

I should also say that progress will be a little slow for the next couple weeks because I really need to focus on school. Third term calculus is really kicking my ass. sad.gif

Are you using that one patch that lets you have STR and MAG in your stat screen?

I bought your shoes, but nobody was gellin, help me please! :mellow::mellow:

...they're insoles, not shoes...

Back on topic:

The hack is pretty good, I like that you made glass a (insert class here!) because I always thought he should have been that certain class or another somewhat alike class.biggrin.gif

THIS HAS BEEN EDITED!!!!

Edited by Dr.Sholes

Are you using that one patch that lets you have STR and MAG in your stat screen?

No, I'm not using that patch. I haven't really looked into the specifics of it and I don't really need it at the moment.

Spoilers Sholes, spoilers!

Edited by Primefusion