The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

Aside from that one glitch happenstance, i am loving this hack so far. The weapon redesigns are nice, i like the variety of classes (its rare to even see a hack that lets you recruit a brigand) and its a nice challenge without being hair pulling

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, KidCinder said:

Will we get a growth chart any time soon? I am entirely convinced that Ava has a zero strength and defense growth.

Growth chart will be released soon. I will say though that your suspicion is well founded.

I'm liking the hack so far; I'm up to Chapter 15. The maps are quite good and nicely designed, and the concept of having generic units fight alongside named characters is novel and interesting. I am also curious about the growth rates (namely to see if my Kristoph is getting screwed) and also about the support conversations. Aside from a few obvious ones, I haven't seen many. I don't know who supports with whom. Information like that would be nice. Can one also patch 3.0.2 to the already modified rom or does the rom have to be clean? Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Primefusion said:

@Dinkiniensis PontifexBest to patch to a clean ROM and copy your save over.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I also noticed that most single weapon promoted classes (swordmaster, sniper, berserker, commander) have the 15% crit bonus while halberdiers do not. Is this intentional?

7 hours ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I also noticed that most single weapon promoted classes (swordmaster, sniper, berserker, commander) have the 15% crit bonus while halberdiers do not. Is this intentional?

Yep! I needed an infantry lance class for enemies to use. The halberdier is that class. Giving them a crit boost would cause a lot unnecessary pain to the player. The other 3 weapon types all have alternative classes that I can use.
Swordmaster -> Hero
Sniper -> Warrior
Berserker -> Warrior

The 3 crit boost classes only show up sparingly by design.

The fun never stops. New bug fix patch, v3.0.3.
This fixes a bug affecting chapters 14 onward. Please download it if you haven't completed the mod.

I've also got good news! Growth rates and support pairings have been added to the OP.

Edited by Primefusion

So is there a reason that luck is on the low end for the bulk of their stats? This isnt a criticism just a curiosity. Tho it also stems from my own RNG bad luck of getting killed by 1-2 percent crits more times than i would have liked, and for the bulk of the game even the most basic enemies being able to crit with basic gear in the mid teen levels

I am replaying again since i noticed you fixed some things. Noticed there a 2nd healer this time around early game. Not that its needed but it does make things a bit too easy early game now. I do like the changes on chapter 3 and 4. 3 is in a town this time instead of rushing to the town. Chapter 3 feels a lot easier then before. Chapter 4 feels about the same in difficulty but thanks to being a 2nd healer in this chapter its way easier to split up now. I feel hugo got some speed and defense buffs or i am just getting lucky with him now. Also nice additional luck base to him, makes me want to use him instead of bench him. Rest of the chapter up to where I screen shot feels the same in difficulty. I also bullied my allies and forced to camp in above the town where they cant move.

VisualBoyAdvance_2017-12-03_22-55-17.png

@Teky 35-40% is about the average among the cast. That's always been an average growth in mind, so I don't see it as low end. Mid-teen unpromoted enemies have like 14-15 skill at most, and maybe like 4 luck. Playable characters would only need like 10 luck to block crits.

@zeroblack94 I'll look into this some time soon. You might just be having bad luck.

@Chaz That's brilliant haha

Hi Prime! Thoroughly enjoying the hack thus far, just got to Chapter 11. I can tell this was lovingly crafted over the years, and it's cool to see the progression since I first heard of the hack on Ghast's channel.

Glitches I've noticed - Kristoph's weapon rank shows he has a B in dark magic. His lance rank increases accordingly and he can use lances no problem, but I cannot see the rank itself. Also, Lucile cannot move items from her inventory if she has purchased from the store. I went and bought a few vulneraries with her after promotion, and not only is she unable to merch them herself, she cannot trade with anyone, so my items are stuck in limbo. Pretty sure vanilla Merlinus can trade, not sure if that was an intentional change or if it's an error.

10 minutes ago, Lowen said:

Hi Prime! Thoroughly enjoying the hack thus far, just got to Chapter 11. I can tell this was lovingly crafted over the years, and it's cool to see the progression since I first heard of the hack on Ghast's channel.

Glitches I've noticed - Kristoph's weapon rank shows he has a B in dark magic. His lance rank increases accordingly and he can use lances no problem, but I cannot see the rank itself. Also, Lucile cannot move items from her inventory if she has purchased from the store. I went and bought a few vulneraries with her after promotion, and not only is she unable to merch them herself, she cannot trade with anyone, so my items are stuck in limbo. Pretty sure vanilla Merlinus can trade, not sure if that was an intentional change or if it's an error.

The Lucile bug is innate to Merlinus and present in vanilla FE7. Use the List command in the preparations screen and you'll be able to grab the items from her.

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

The Lucile bug is innate to Merlinus and present in vanilla FE7. Use the List command in the preparations screen and you'll be able to grab the items from her.

Thanks - been a while since I played vanilla. Appreciate the help, list did the trick.

On 12/2/2017 at 8:53 AM, Primefusion said:

The fun never stops. New bug fix patch, v3.0.3.
This fixes a bug affecting chapters 14 onward. Please download it if you haven't completed the mod.

I've also got good news! Growth rates and support pairings have been added to the OP.

Are you sure the growth rates given here are accurate?

Late game spoilers, don't open it if you haven't passed c14,

Ava's new HP growth is definitely more than 100, and Str and Def growths seemed higher than listed here too but that could be just my luck.

3SREd8a.jpg

I don't think I ever posted in this thread even though I played every version of this hack starting from v2.0...

It was one of the most interesting hacks to me, so I am happy to see it getting finished.

The gaiden chapters were the most surprising, controlling generic units is cool, you don't need to worry about them dying either. I think the NPC units made some chapters too easy while in some they were MVPs.

In the chapter where you fight Marveda, what happens if she dies before becoming green, does she just retreats? The NPCs started charging at her direction all of a sudden instead of going for the Sniper, so I had to rescue the mounted ones making 3 of my units near useless.

I didn't think there would be so few Master Seals so I couldn't use some units I wanted to test later, would have been better if you stated it somewhere.

As for the game, early game was challenging it started to become easier after the NPCs started joining each chapter, mid game was easy, late game was ok but still easy. Currently at c19, so don't know if it will get harder but overall it was a great hack with chapters ranging from challenging to easy, although I would have liked it if the last 2/3 chapters were a bit harder.

Also, I was thinking of posting my end game stats, but not too sure if I will be able to use the spoiler tags properly, so this post is a test for that too.

Edit: After playing the last chapter, it was much harder than I expected compared to c 18 and 19. Would have liked if c19 was a bit harder but c20 makes up for it, I wish the vanilla games were like this instead of those dragon fights.

Another thing I noticed, Ava's HP can exceed 60, is this intentional or a bug?

Edited by ranger016

7 hours ago, Primefusion said:

@Tempo Pretty sure it's openemu. There's been at least one other person using openemu that was having problems too.

Did they ever manage to solve it. Openemu is the only emulator that i've been able to get to work on my laptop

Whelp good news is that I have finally been able to play it. Bad news is that I could only do so on 3.0.2 and not the latest 3.0.3 which tells me that the problem has something to do with the latest patch. Hopefully you can find what causes it. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help