The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Furetchen is correct. Though I prefer "image optimization" biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm currently trying to balance chapter 10. You'll be glad I did because right now it's too challenging even for me, and I made it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so there's a new version out. v0.2.1 includes (among other things) the newly added chapter 10. The Prologue now has more challenging enemies (As in their stats don't completely fail even for lvl 1). Merlinus levels up after each chapter now too! (Provided he survived)

v0.2.1 Download

Let me know if Ch 10 is overly difficult. It's been a challenge trying to get it into a manageable state without having to delete a bunch of enemies =/

Enjoy!

Edited by Primefusion

• 3 weeks later...

That's odd but I'll look into it. No one else has reported this though Assuming anyone has played the new version

Oh, and I guess I'll show everyone that I'm still working on this. Been trying to make the prologue's map look better:

5c8754b28d2225a3dd7daaa7def1a486.png

The revamp isn't done yet but the mountains look a damn sight better biggrin.gif

So I guess I accidentally overwrote some data in v0.2.1 and I've got no idea why. I'm reverting back to v0.1.1 temporarily. I've got tomorrow night off from work so I'm going to kick it into overdrive and fix everything as well as changing certain issues I and others have had with the hack (As well as add new stuff that I'm stoked to introduce). The next planned release will be at FEE3 so sit tight or play v0.1.1 again (it goes up to chapter 9).

a4a714209a3038f423d3bd65e2866de3.png

Been working on icons to make good on that "More Weapons" goal.

Going column by column:

Seethe, Mourning, I dunno, Crystal Sword

Iron Greatlance, Steel Greatlance, Silver Greatlance, Crystal Lance

Iron Poleaxe, Steel Poleaxe, Silver Poleaxe, Crystal Axe (Will likely be redone, in fact most definitely)

Iron Longbow, Steel Longbow, Silver Longbow, Crystal Bow

Gust

Crystal is a new type of weapon I'm introducing. They're all C rank generic weapons (As in no special abilities). Their gimmick is that they have marginally less might (Literally 1 less might) than steel but are lighter and more accurate than their steel counterparts. The catch is they're rather uncommon in rarity since they're made from crystal.

Gust has been moved to D rank (Up from E) and it's might and hit is in between Fire and Thunder.

I've always felt the GBA games could use more generic weapons since those are the ones that are used the most often. It gets boring having to choose from just iron, steel, and silver.

Edited by Primefusion

Crystal is a new type of weapon I'm introducing. They're all C rank generic weapons (As in no special abilities). Their gimmick is that they have marginally less might (Literally 1 less might) than steel but are lighter and more accurate than their steel counterparts. The catch is they're rather uncommon in rarity since they're made from crystal.

Sounds like Killer weapons, but without the crit.

True, but they have more durability than killer weapons. This arguably makes them better for longer fights. It also gives me the option of giving the enemy something better to wield without it presenting the luck based difficulty of Killer weapons. I like varietysmile.gif

Hmm, odd I didn't get that problem. Oh well. Gel's weapon is actually called Mourning.

I'm currently trying to iron out the new items and make the icons submit (They're currently being very finicky). Then I just need to reinsert everything and spruce up some existing stuff and voila. Not too difficult, but tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, there's a poll. You should vote.

If you said yes, feel free to drop a suggestion as to what her new class should be (Please keep gameplay balance in mind).

If you said no, I'd like to hear your thoughts about why things should remain the way they are.

If you said "I don't really care", then I don't care either >_>

I voted "Don't care", but I mean, just stick with FE7ness, so she should stay a Peggy. Now if you would replace her with an OC, I'd say, yes, change her/him in something else.

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

Even though it's not a canon hack? Sometime in the future I plan to swap in OC's but for now things are still vanilla in flavor. That said, Geitz and Hawkeye were demoted to tier 1 (Though I guess their tier 1 classes still make sense) but Eliwood was turned into a mage which is totally different so I'm not really staying true to FE7 anyway =/

It makes the most sense for her to be a Peg Knight. I think she might be able to be a Cleric or maybe a Troubadour otherwise.

Other then that though, I'd probably say keep her the way she is, otherwise I don't care.

Edited by Zeo

No option for corpse?

...Okay, snark all you like, the mental image of Revenant!Florina was genuinely disturbing, particularly because people would still be sexually attracted to her. So I'm just going to vote neutrally and set my face on fire and attempt to burn away everything I have ever seen.

Can't really see Flor as anything other than a Peg, but, you could make her a recruit. Maybe she just lost her horse?

Ya, this was the only other thing that made sense for her class wise when I was brainstorming. Though instead of calling it recruit, she would just be a female soldier. But then I'd have two halberdiers instead of two falcoknights. Wait you aren't suppose to know this.

@Furet - Ahahaha Now if this were an FE8 hack...

Oh, might as well show some screens while I'm at it.

HPZio.png

One of the many small changes being added.

o9dhE.png

And a screen of the previously underwraps Ch 11. A few tiles in the map came out different then I thought they would D=