Oh there's a sprite board here, isn't there

BwdYeti

Medeus looks GLORIOUS. Holy crap, man. Bottom horn on his chin looks kinda...wierd, though. Just me. Like, it looks buried in the shadow or something. I feel like his top horn should have a bit of a shadow, too...like, just a slight bump on the shadow blot itself.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Medeus even be insertable? o.O

I will make sure each frame can fit into the size GBA FE uses for battler sheets and if it can handle loading a new sheet every few ticks then we will figure it out

Edited by BwdYeti

Well I hope that it can be inserted! Because it'll look mega-cool in the an actual game.

Seriously! Not only is the design amazing, but it's rendered so cleanly... and the play of light on the scales is just... *melts all over keyboard*

Congrats, and I hope you enjoy Awakening, Yeti!

• 1 month later...

that last dodge animation

the cloth she's holding is defying gravity

unless you're going for a lighthearted, cartoony feel, it should fall down.

The whole thing defies gravity; I'm pretty sure a normal human being wouldn't be able to hold a position like that for long enough to dodge a weapon.

My biggest complaint is how her body isn't moving naturally. Her far leg sliiiiiiiiiides forward, her near leg just moves vertically, and her head angle stays the same. The Torso shifts, slightly, but I feel it doesn't compensate enough for the body shift. It is a great concept though; it's interesting.

And then the witch class had 234823098 dodge frames to fix the gravity vs the scarf issue

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about that critical. I mean, it's cool, but it sort of looks like after she finishes spinning it that it like slides in her hand really slowly. Not even slid: it looks like it's on a ball bearing or something, or greased by oil, and just slides a few frames.

I dunno

Eliza's frames looks good, like all your stuff, but it took me a good minute of staring at her attack to figure out what was going on. There's a lot of quick turning. I don't get what her left (right opv initially) is supposed to do when she turn away in preparation for her strike. I'd think it should be out front, as a kind of balance arm like javelin throwers use (as her attack is a lot like a javelin throw). Right now it looks like it's grabbing onto her lance, at an angle that doesn't really let it add any force to the strike. If her other hand (right, left opv initially) was further back, i could see this as a guiding arm for the lance, the back being the driving arm, but right not when her hands are together. The blur frame of the strike makes it look like the spearhead falls behind the shaft, which is odd seeing as the spearhead needs to be pointed towards her enemy at least a little before contact. For some reason it doesn't seem like as big a deal on the critical.

Attack passes in front of the witch dodge frame right?

• 5 months later...

[spoiler=more art :Y]Click through for full size on dA

fe13_meme_by_bwdyeti-d6kfybp.png

Sploder did a lot of the work on these two, whoo teamwork

Skywatcher-Lance.gifSkywatcher-Lance-Crit.gif

Scout-Bow.gifScout-Bow-Crit.gif

normal - crit

Also apparently I didn't post these yet?

Elwind.gifElfire-1.gif

Elwind and Elfire

Edited by BwdYeti

I agree with the others that the Skywatcher's animation looks kinda wonky and uncomfortable. I tried moving in a similar sort of fashion and it's incredibly odd.

I am in love with the Archer's attack though! That critical is so absurd that it's amazing. <3 Her bow looks like it is constantly shrinking and growing though (I think it would be an easy fix if you made the bow a bit smaller in the standing pose and in the spinning bow in the crit).

Elfire is very cool but that Elwind is super amazing. :o I want someone to steal it and then insert it in a rom.