Fire Emblem - Crossover Hack 2.0

Mikey Séregon

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nils is for the User of Fewod, Kahx5

that doesn't make any sense in the context of the question

Meanwhile, like it or not (for me, it's really hit-or-miss), it's certain Luzan has her own style, and certainly talent. With a bit of polish, she could be a really good spriter one day.

oh god i just noticed sanaki's hair pain eyes aargh

Edited by Furetchen

Just to let you know... I'm going to fix Nils' eyes and Celica...eventually I'm kinnda sick of mugs right now >_> so... yeah

So, if you see important problems (aside than the size... that's one of my worst problems <_<) just point it out (politely, please (?)) and I'll see what I can do about it.

Edited by Luzan

I already said that in FEWoD, but...

Mistakes (IMO): Chris' head, Celica, Lyn's mandible (left part), Nils' eyes, Ephy's stance, Tana's head, Sothe's mandible (left part), Krom's hair (in the forehead). And Sanaki's outline doesn't follow the same style RoyM's fault. Probably I'm missing a few ones, but these were the more remarkable :)

Apart from that, great job :D

Edited by Akagami

Linoan's ear should be placed higher

Cyas has a huge forehead (not sure if that's intentional)

Roy's jaw looks crooked. His head is a bit too small and his hair looks weird.

Chris' head is a disaster.

Eliwood's face looks funny. Try moving his eyes a bit and make the head a bit wider.

Sora's and Eda's heads should be a bit larger.

That's because he's using google's translator, don't mind him >_>

That's EXACTLY what's bothering me. Online translators being used as a blatant "talk to actual speakers" just IRKS me.

Moving on.

I do approve of how well the Soren and Krom was pulled off... but they contrast with the rest of them in terms of style... compared to like say... Celica, Florina, or Ninian.

but rey the krom has noodle hair

i mean

The style seems pretty consistent across all the mugs, so good job on that. (Miccy is a big one that stands out in terms of coloring and shading)

One mug that bothers me is the Sheeda, at first glance I could not tell it was her. This is probably because the hair coloration, bangs, and face,they don't look like Sheeda's hair color, face, and bangs.

Cyas has a huge forehead (not sure if that's intentional)

Chris' head is a disaster.

Cyas has a huge forehead on his artwork so... yeah, it was intentional... but I'll see what I can do about it anyway.

Could you be more specific? I need details about Chris.

I'm going to fix the problems you all have pointed... eventually.

Edited by Luzan

At a glance, as far as overall quality goes, I'd have to say Alm is the best of the group. I'd say his is the level of quality you want to aim for at the moment. His shading also kinda reminds me of Shining Force. Nino appears to be very spot-on as well. Most of your inconsistencies are on the FE9+ portraits, where it appears you were trying to capture more detail than works with the overall style I think you guys are shooting for will allow.

As far as general fixer-uppers... I've got 'em below to keep the page from stretching. I'm gonna jump from one end of the sheet to the next without any real order, so keep up with me here.

[spoiler=Feedback]Nils needs the back of his head brought in a few columns, and the ear needs to come down a row or two. The oversized eyes are making his face look misshappen, so stuff needs sliding around to compensate for that. As a general rule of thumb, the bottom of the ear should be somewhat parallel with the bottom of the nose.

Nanna needs either her neck to be widened on the far side by one pixel, or her head from the chin-up to slide to our right by one.

Micaiah's hair needs more contrast between the shades. The darkest colors are way too light for FE8-level coloring. As a matter of fact, her skin tone is from FE7. This doesn't mix well with everyone else's FE8 skin colors.

The top-left portion of Marth's hair(our view) is too big, making it look like he has an oversized forehead. These kinds of fixes I do better if I show you my suggested fix to the problem, so take a look at the original and my suggestion side-by-side.

The far edge of Rath's bandana (our left) needs to curve down rather than up. This will make it look like it's snug and secure on his head, rather than just about to fall off.

Ninian could use just a little more of the outline color at the top of her right eye, to give it some definition and the illusion of eyelashes. Her far jaw is pillow-shaded, making it look like a straight 45-degree line rather than a gentle curve.

Celice is your biggest offender as far as facial inconsistencies. The shading on his jaw is very heavy compared to other portraits, and it's making him look chubby as a result. I can't offer a simple solution in writing, so this'll be another show and tell. What I did was slide his lengthen his mouth to our left by one, slide the chin/lower lip line in the same direction, and then just clean up the shading.

Zigludo Sigurd also has a pillow-shaded jaw, except this time on our near side, and it makes his jaw a bit too small. I suggest doing the following: first, change the second skin tone to the lightest color.. After that, change the middle tone to the second tone. Above all else, this will tone down on the pillow shading.

Camus has a similar problem to Sigurd with his jaw, only the entire length of his is pillowed. I'll let you try the above fix yourself; be sure to just enough to where his jaw doesn't become a straight line.

Kannigu sticks out like a sore thumb, being a spliced portrait with FE7 style shading while everything else has their own style. Kannigu may protest, but I'd say have someone remake her portrait for the sake of consistency.

Eirika's another victim of pillow shaded jaws with straight lines. Your Nino is about as perfect as you can get with this style, since her jaw curves gently. Refer to her when you shade jaws on other female characters, as trying to mimic the shading there will make characters like Eirika have better faces. In addition, her eyes look a little too Asian to be Eirika, put bluntly. Look at how you've done eyes for characters like Elincia or Nana.

Florina needs one of two things done to her hair. Option one is increase the contrast between the shades of purple. Option two is use the darkest skin tone as a fourth shade to add some definition. Hair as light in color as hers needs a fourth shade to give it some definition.

... whew... that's all for the time being.

Edited by The Blind Archer

I'll list out stuff that stands out, good and bad. I'll skip some of the stuff that's been said.

- The expression on Soren's face is amazing.

- Alvis' eyes look a bit too close together

- Tana's head seems too small in proportion to her ponytail/rest of the body

- Roy came out much better than I expected, though I don't know why he's talking to the ground

- Volke's coat is pretty. . .must stop ogling over it. . .

- If those shoulder pads are supposed to be on Alm's shoulders, they'll need to be pushed back. Right now, it looks like he's hunched over.

- Nanna's feather is bigger than her shoulder pad!

- This Diadora looks really nice.

- The shading on Cyas' far shoulder seems a bit clunky

- Seth's hair is rather pillowy; might want to tone down the darkest shade a bit

- Sothe has a very long neck

- Levin's scarf is very well done.

New Artwork:

2q07n6f.png

Made by Luzan.

FE10 Style:

thar_festyle_by_lbranford-d55iqom.png

Made by LBranford/Branny (From FEWoD)

Also, I need help with some map sprites, if somebody wants to help me, I'll give the request via PM.

Edited by oracle_of_fire

Could you be more specific? I need details about Chris.

His left eye looks weird. I think his pupil should be smaller and at the right.

Also, I've noticed Sheeda's hair looks like an octopus.

The FE1-3 characters seem to have too much shading (or the shading is too dark). Notice how they are much darker compared to the other characters. Did you make them based on the SNES sprites?

Edited by Magnus

I think Luzan made most, if not all, of the sprites, based on their artwork. Since the official artworks show a different style over the years (made by different people, most likely) the sprites look different based on their eras as well.

Yeah well... isn't like I didn't have to make any adaptation... and some of them aren't based on the artwork.

Anyway, I'm going to be fixing the mugs now. I'm going to start with this two

104n3n5.png

Edited by Luzan