Return of the Emblem Chapter Five: The Retrieval

Phoenix

"Aye aye!" With that cry and a wide grin, Gytha was off to take care of her appointed task, brimming with sudden energy and joy.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ursium side of the Channel-The Lion's Path

Jarrod took a look around. He had wandered for about a year, a steady pace across Sardia. To no one in particular, but possibly to Creyell, he spoke. "Well, this isn't the greatest of inns I've ever seen, but it'll have to do, wouldn't you agree?" He went inside. "Hey, Innkeeper. What's the price for a few night's keep?"

Edited by 13thkitty

"Yeah, sure, go help him out." That little twerp! Ugh! It was infuriating, but at the same time, she couldn't bring herself to be all that mad. She did semi taunt the guy, and she did wander in on a conversation apparently. "I suppose... it could be worse, it could have been someone's feces..." Of course, that wasn't exactly a good thought for her, and she gagged a little from it.

With not much else to do, John decided to head to the galley already. 'Well, now to wait, I guess this won't get further until she's willing to talk.' He thought as he walked. 'Now, where was the galley...'

Shadrak nodded in thanks. "Okay, thank you very much Miss Fira. I guess I'll see you down there when the call goes out?" He asked/stated, smiling politely... what he needed to do was a keep an eye out for Raquel, he had a rather important question to ask her...

Veronika

"Well, if you fall asleep before we eat, I'll at least try to save a plate for you," Veronika said, noting Atsuko's tiredness. We certainly got the better end of the deal compared to the Kigenese mercenaries, I doubt I could have stayed awake that long myself.

Nadya

After the discussion of how to deal with the Fallen was over, Nadya decided to head towards where Fira was. Hearing Fira describe where the galley was, Nadya made her way there to the area where people should be preparing food.

"Our group's made a lot of extra mouths to feed, so I figured one of us oughta pitch in. I'm not a world class chef or anythin', but I can whip up some edible grub," she explained to the first person she saw.

While Domovoi carried Ranyin, looking for a hammock to put him on, the mage suddenly started thrashing and grabbed Dom's face. Taken by surprise, Domovoi accidentally dropped Ranyin onto the floor.

Jeez. Hope I didn't hurt him or anything.

Edited by Clockwork Sage

OOC:

Sage: It's a 17th century galleon, so there aren't any cabin-esque places on this ship other than the captain and officer's quarters and they're not below deck.

IC-wise, those aren't good places to put Ranyin anyway.

Atsuko

Atsuko smiled replying quickly. "Don't worry about me. I can hold on a little longer."

Fira

"Hmm, alright then." she said to Nadya. "I was thinking that we could make a stir fry tonight ... since we have enough for that. It'll be done sooner too if we each prepare one of the ingredients and then mix it all together to cook."

Raquel

Raquel found that people all seemed to be headed in the same direction, toward the back of the ship. Shadrak seemed to be the only one not funneling in back there in plain sight, so she asked him. "Hey, what's going on?"

Mike

"Huh? HEY!!!" Mike called out to Robin. "Is she even listenin' to me?"

Nadya

"Stir fry huh? I know how to do that, just show me what needs slicin'," Nadya said, taking her knife out of her pouch. "Though how are going to make a fi- oh right, you can make fire anytime you want, forgot about that. Must be awfully handy," she said to Fira.

Convenience

"Yeah, it's quite convenient being able to use my power that way, even though I'm not the actual chef. Although, it makes me feel more obligated than it probably should. Without me, this would be a regular treasure ship with no outstanding features or abilities. We've come a long way and I'd hate to see the crew reduced to that, but at the same time it has me working around the clock." she explained as they arrived. I know the captain says time and again that I don't have to concern myself with so much extra labor, but it's getting to the point where I just can't help it.

In the galley, were a couple of men, one scrubbing out a pan, and the other with two seasoning containers in hand, looking them both over with frightening scrutiny. The one scrubbing noticed the two women and looked up. "Uh-, just a second, I'm not through cleaning yet and Mister Nitpick over there can't make up his mind what tonight's theme is going to be."

"Quiet, you. I'm trying to decide whether to go with salty or spicy with the stew."

"Um, I was thinking maybe we could make a stir fry. Would that be alright?" she asked which made the man scrubbing the pan drop it, run up and hug the unsuspecting dark avian.

"You mean it?! Oh thank the gods! He was actually considering making that deadly beef stew and no amount of arguing could change his mind! I couldn't stop him!"

"Hey! There's nothin' wrong with my beef stew, jackass!" shot back the other man.

"Lies ... " he shot back before facing Fira. "He'll kill us all." he told her in a very low voice.

"Well, if you don't mind ... I think we should go with stir fry tonight. Besides, it'll be quicker and safer than trying to cook with three or four different stew pots." Not to mention we only have two to begin with ...

"... fine. Wasn't in the mood for stew anyhow ... not with cowardly ninnies like him around." the man conceded.

"By the way, this is Nadya. She'll be helping us prepare the ingredients."

"Hello~"

"Hi, there."

The multiple pegasi of a variety of colours in his dreams would have seem less like feathered food and more like a wonderful scenery, had Ranyin not felt great hunger ravaging his insides. Eagerly, he reached his arms forward both to grasp them and fly...at the same time to stuff them down his throat, to qwell the sinister appetite that now plagues him.

Was this how the Oni of the tales travellers who frequent dad's teashop speak of felt all the time? This all consuming hunger? No wonder they ate anything with flesh, mused Ranyin.

As he reached out to hold onto one of the pegasi, it suddenly turned into a wyvern and snarled at him. The next thing Ranyin knew, he was him hitting the ground and looking up face to face with a neviskotian wyvern rider.

"Owww...what happened?! Wha...where am I?" asked a bewildered Ranyin.

PS: couldn't wait any longer, I want Ranyin to show off his 'culinery skills'

For Sage...

consult the PM to make it seem to flow :>_<:

"<WHAT?>" hissed Robin as she turned around, a vein visibly throbbing on her head as Mike yelled at her. Then, she took a breath, and tried again. "What? I heard you the first time sailor. Do not shoot your ship, I understand."

Wish I could make fire just by thinkin' about it. Guess I coulda been a fire mage if I wanted that though. Nadya thought to herself. "So, what's the meat we're usin'? Deer? Rabbit? ...Raccoon?" Nadya said somewhat hesitantly on the last one.

Decisions

"Obviously beef stir fry." the man with the containers said.

"Chicken!"

"What chicken?"

"I guess ... beef then?" Fira repeated, suspecting that it may very well be all they had at that point.

"Oh gods ... please let the nomad or Rexian or whatever she is prepare the beef so he doesn't kill us."

"... ungracious git ..."

Agitation With A touch of Rain

"Say so next time, or people'll just think you're ignorin'em, girl." Mike replied to Robin. "No respect at all, I swear."

Robin rolled her eyes. She had been ignoring him! What was she to say to someone who didn't want her shooting at the boat? "I was ignoring you. I have ears, I heard you when you told me not to shoot the boat. I will not shoot the boat any more because you do not want to deal with arrowholes."

Nadya laughed at the comment and snorted a bit. "Yeah I'm one of them Rexian maidens, I just left my band of devoted shirtless hunks back home. Speakin' of hunks, I guess this is the beef?" she said, coming upon a large slab of meat and beginning to cut it into rough cubes with her knife.

Shadrak

Shadrak turned to Raquel with a smile. "Oh Raquel, just the person I was looking for, it seems everyone is heading back to the Galley for some eats, or too atleast help out cooking. If you have a minute though, I have something very important to talk to you about. Well, a few things really, but one more important than others." He told her with smile, gently stroking Naoki.

Mike

This little ... "You may not get this, ya little freeloadin' stone shoorter, but maintaining a ship is hell. You think that little hole you just made is gonna fix itself, and for free no less? You know, sometimes we have to replace panels and entire railings if we can't get deep gashes like those filled, and I know full well that you're not going to pay for that kind of maintenance, so show a little more humility." he explained crossing his arms.

"Eh, calm down, Mike. We run into folks like that all the time, right?" one of the crewmen holding up half the crate said.

Yeah, but we don't ferry them around for free either. The least this funny cut could do is be polite since she's not getting charged. Wrathdamn landlubbers.

Galley

"You're a maiden? It's an honor to meet ya!" the scrubber said quickly.

"Oh wow, really? Hmm, I almost feel guilty havin' one of you helping us with the cookin', heheh."

"..." They don't really think she's a maiden, do they? ... ... ... they do ... thought Fira.

Raquel

"A few things?" I wonder what about ... "Okay then, sure. They probably already have enough people helping with getting the food ready so I guess we can talk. Um, Connor, if you want, you don't have to wait up for me. I'll catch up later."

"Stone... shooter? So somehow using stone tools makes me inferior to you Ursium outsider? What next? Are you going to talk about how your Ursium people are so great and mighty and how your culture is so superior? Hound me until I learn your stupid language just so I can tell you how much I..."

Robin turned about, her fingers flicking in and out in a clear manner of counting from one to ten, then back again. Then she turned back around, her teeth clenched together tightly with a forced smile on her face. "I am sorry I did not know how bad my arrow was for your ship. I cannot pay for it, and I am sorry I did not consider it."

"Ah it's fine, just consider this a meal blessed by Aisha herself!" Nadya said cheerfully as she rapidly diced the beef. Maybe I shoulda considered pretendin' to be a maiden more often, people seem to show them some respect at least. 'Course I'd have to deal with Amon givin' me the evil eye all the time.

Mike

Is this chick trying to vent or something? No one gives a rat's ass about Ursian culture on this ship. Why the hell would we with so much diversity overrunning the place. Hell, the only races we don't have on this ship are non-humans, excluding Fira, I guess ... "Pfff, there're only ten pureblooded Ursians on this ship, girl, and I ain't one of'em." he replied to the first half of her short tirade.

Once she got a hold of herself, he backed down a bit himself, but only because he didn't see the need to keep going back and forth. "Well I'm glad you're seeing things from our perspective now. I guess that's it then." Oi, I'm not talking to anymore weird passengers ...

Fira

Fira just stood there watching for a minute. I guess it's no surprise that they would fall for that, but really. What would a maiden be doing here of all places? Well, it seems harmless so I'll leave it alone. It's none of my business anyway. she thought as she began gathering up the other ingredients with the two apparent chefs.

What was Synthia doing in the rain? Being miserable, obviously. It had nothing to do with the scenery, you just couldn’t be properly depressed without standing in something as miserable as rain. She didn’t reply to Ranyin right away, first opting roll her eyes, then deciding to watch his interaction with the girl who approached him instead.

Whatever she was expecting, she did not expect the mage to violently vomit all over the pegasus knight. Already feeling nauseuos, with the sight of the vomit she began feeling very sick herself and hurried to the railing as not to make a mess on deck. Disgusting.

-----

After hanging around the galley a short while, Valter remembered his plans to retrieve Bert. The pegasus knight could catch a cold sleeping in the rain, not to mention miss dinner. He didn’t plan on finding out how troublesome a sick and hungry Bert the Crusher could be. The horseman hurried back up the stairs and found Bert right where he left him, asleep on deck. “Hey, Bert,” he said, nudging his shoulder. “You should get out of the rain."