Nintenlords hacking utilities

Nintenlord

Did you find anything?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find anything?

• Yes
    • No

Nintenlord. Have you considered the idea of making NUPS associate UPS files, and making it so that clicking on a .ups file opens up your program, automatically assuming the player wants to patch that file? Lunar IPS does it, and it's a really handy feature.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't run NUPS for some reason, some application error or something keeps stopping me.

Check/Update your .NET Framework installation.

It's working for me on Linux with Mono.

Edited by Naughx

Dammit, I hate the .NET framework. There were so many problems trying to install it the last time I tried, so I got rid of all of it and just never bothered.

Edit: Fine, I caved in and got 3.5 after some trouble but that's as far as I go. I guess if I'm gonna play hacks, I'll really be needing NUPS.

Edited by Baby Bonnie Hood

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's based on events, just edit the allied unit list in a chapter using the Event Assembler... even though I say "just" though it takes some working knowledge of events and the event assembler and possibly some other things to do. :\ You may have more luck with more help by asking in your own thread though.

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

• 3 months later...

I'm assuming that the available patches must be downloaded on clean roms, but is it possible to apply the patch to a rom that has already had substantial changes made to it (Characters and palettes, some inserted maps, etc.)

I would really like to make the Repairing Merchant a reality in my hack, but really don't want to erase all of my hard work (backups notwithstanding).

I'm assuming that the available patches must be downloaded on clean roms, but is it possible to apply the patch to a rom that has already had substantial changes made to it (Characters and palettes, some inserted maps, etc.)

I would really like to make the Repairing Merchant a reality in my hack, but really don't want to erase all of my hard work (backups notwithstanding).

Most likely it will screw up your rom. If I were you, I'd back up my rom first before applying the patch.

• 8 months later...

Hey there, sorry for the random post, but I've googled this a thousand times, a thousand different ways, but I can't find anything on it. Basically NUPS doesn't open at all on my laptop, I click on it and a window pops up saying "UPSpatcher has stopped working, windows can check online...etc". Why is it doing this? How do I get NUPS to work. My laptop runs Windows 7 Professional in case ya'll are wondering what OS my laptop has. Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

Thought it was worth a mention: Crazycolorz5 just posted an update to the Event Assembler over on FEU. Overhauls the EA's handling of AI to reflect new research, and also offers improved FE8 support thanks to Vennobennu's updated raws.

http://feuniverse.us/t/nintenlords-utilities/52/9

Edited by Arch

• 10 months later...

Just a few days ago, I released EA V9.12. Here's the link to the post with the download; continue reading for changelog and rationale: http://feuniverse.us/t/nintenlords-utilities/52/10?u=crazycolorz5

The post also contains the changelog and future plans.

Here's the changelog:

README2.txt:

V 9.12-Aliased BYTE as CODE for both backwards compatability and usage of #incbin-Bundled Hack Installation and AI Assembly into Extensions folder.-FE7, FE8: Added expanded templates for use in making hack buildfiles.-Updated EA Standard Library to 3.1.

EAstdlib.event:

V 3.1-FE6, FE7, FE8: Made MUS1 into MUSC(music change), MUS2 into MUSS (music save), MUS3 into MUSM (music more). Added old definitions in #define BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY-FE6: Added QuakeStart and QuakeStop (thanks to circleseverywhere)-FE6: Added modernized definitions in the definitions file.-Fixed typo in FE7's Backwards Compatibility.-FE8: Fixed typo that made SOUN code be FADU code. (Thanks to MK404)-FE8: Added "Silence" in music definitions as 0x7FFF-FE8: Added GiveMoney(amount) macro to help with that.-FE8: Added SVAL/SMOV aliases to SETVAL. Changed SLOTS_ADD to SADD and other assembly-like commands. -FE8: Added TUTORIALTEXTBOXSTART and NOTIFICATIONTEXTBOXSTART-EAStdLib: Separated out conditional helps from Misc Helpers to Conditional Helpers-FE8: Changed TEX8 to BROWNBOXTEXT.-FE8: Added CLEAN and PREP codes. The macro is the way to go, but these will show up in disassembly.-FE8: Added r0-r13/rD defintions for the setval slots. QP for QueuePointer -FE8: Added SkirmishEvents for repointing of Skirmish Events, but I don't think we're ready to mess with this yet.-FE8: Added FlashWhite/FlashBlack macros.-FE8: Fixed ENIF not having a definition in backwards compatability for conditionals-FE8: Added ClearBackground macro.

Mostly this just sets up EA to be an installation monster capable of making full hack buildfiles (tutorial soon) and especially for mass installing assembly hacks. The most required change is the adding of CODE back, as #incbin depended on it. Also, "Extensions/Hack Installation.txt" is available for those wanting to make assembly install files, with tools such as jumpToHack or gotoHack (will be renamed soon maybe).

If your events break, try adding at the top of the file, before you include EAstdlib.event, `#define BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY`, as some of the definitions were changed (notably, MUS1 to MUSC ("MUSIC Change")). Defining BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY brings most of these old definitions back into scope.

Edit: Fixed a few typos, notably a misspelling of "compatibility". (rip my spellings)
Also, why is this thread not pinned? It's a pain to find it whenever I want to post an update to EA.

Edited by Crazycolorz5

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Bookwu said:

The downloads for fe6, fe7 and fe8 aren't working.

Edit: Seemingly all of the download links aren't working.

Because of the recent Dropdox update, most Dropbox links in general are down.

Hey download links arent working...

can anyone provide me an alternate download link or the file itself for

the compressor source code....

I need it to add the lz77 compression in my tool...

credits will be given to nintenlords of course...

also if nintenlord is looking at this reply then you can help me with the algorithm as well...

I am making a tool to hack the gba pokemon games though ... :)

Hope this post will get an reply :)

1 hour ago, The_Learner said:

Hey download links arent working...

can anyone provide me an alternate download link or the file itself for

the compressor source code....

I need it to add the lz77 compression in my tool...

credits will be given to nintenlords of course...

also if nintenlord is looking at this reply then you can help me with the algorithm as well...

I am making a tool to hack the gba pokemon games though ... :)

Hope this post will get an reply :)

This looks relevant to your inquiry.

• 2 weeks later...

*achoo*

There's a lot of dust here, does no-one around here do any cleaning?

I caught wind that my links no longer work, so I decided to come here and fix them. And they are now fixed.

And now, my work here is done! *woosh*