Why all the hate for SS?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I think that way about FE7 now, I liked the concepts FE7 tried but I don't think it's that good because of all the stuff you mentioned.

Cliches aren't necessarily a bad thing anyway.

Lack of difficulty, bland characters, bland and very clichéd writing. Those would reasons given for one seeing the game as the dullest in the series.

Perhaps... but FE8 was my first FE game and I only own Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn beside it so maybe that's why I like it so much xP

And don't take it wrong, I still like Radiant Dawn more than Sacred Stones, but FE11 is really boring compared to these two IMO :v

Perhaps... but FE8 was my first FE game and I only own Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn beside it so maybe that's why I like it so much xP

And don't take it wrong, I still like Radiant Dawn more than Sacred Stones, but FE11 is really boring compared to these two IMO :v

Why is FE11 listed as your favourite then?

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of earlygame chapters in FE7 can be solo'd by Marcus alone. In fact, I've done a prepromote playthrough where until I got Isadora I could only use Marcus, and I'd actually say it was easier to solo with him than it was to play the game normally.

However, I'm going to say that exploitation of the Jeigan was not what the developers intended when they made these games. I'm also gonna say that they probably didn't intend for playing the game efficiently. For instance, the best possible in-game rank you can get for FE7 HHM is some 200 turns slower than one of this community's standard "efficient" run. And in FESS the game encourages you even in HM to go visit the tower when it first becomes available. Traditionally the Jeigan has meant to be a unit you avoid; where reliance on them instead of your other units will screw you over in the long run. Since after the NES era people started to get sick of annoying deathtraps like that in games, the developers began to make the Jeigan better and better so that exploiting them will not necessarily make the game unbeatable. This comes with the double-edged cut that hardcore fans, who are quite excellent at this game, are able to exploit the Jeigan beyond his intended use, the same way the warp staff is exploited to completely skip chapters.

While I agree about the Jeigan thing, Intelligent Systems was just asking for it with the Warp stuff. What else are you going to do with it besides skip entire chapters?

Although I do like how Seth is a GOD. Wierdly enough, I didn't even use him the first time I played because he was eating up my EXP, and I wasn't aware that you could even promote units (first FE game card).

Fuck this shit, I'm soloing HHM with Wil.

Haters gonna hate.

Only problem being you get him at Chapter 15, so you'll have to play some chapters without him. But after that? Wil is going to kick some ass.