Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

if by palette you mean the map palette, those are easy as anything

if you mean the in battle stuff, that can be imported as well, although I don't remember the western isles having anything special

Edited by Kitty of Time

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It does. We've inported Tower of Valni tiles to FE7. I don't see why it won't work importing stuff to FE8.

It's not whether it wouldn't work, but whether you've actually created a custom tileset by setting tile properties which didn't previously exist.

if you mean the in battle stuff, that can be imported as well, although I don't remember the western isles having anything special

This is basically what I mean. The properties which tells the game what kind of terrain a specific tile is, what background to use during battles, does it have any special traits attached to it such as restoring or diminishing HP, what units can traverse it which can't, movement costs, etc.. It'd be nice if the map property data was the same across all three, but if it isn't, you have to naturally accommodate for the conversion (like if in FE6, trait 06 might be a healing tile but in FE7 it might be a breakable wall or an arena, and if you don't update the properties, your tile--all the tiles--could make for a wacky experience).

I'm preeeetty sure it works, mainly due to IS's laziness in doing things. Like how FE6 is built directly off of FE7, FE8 shares a lot of similarities in tables and things, if not so much the overall game structure :P

This is basically what I mean. The properties which tells the game what kind of terrain a specific tile is, what background to use during battles, does it have any special traits attached to it such as restoring or diminishing HP, what units can traverse it which can't, movement costs, etc.. It'd be nice if the map property data was the same across all three, but if it isn't, you have to naturally accommodate for the conversion (like if in FE6, trait 06 might be a healing tile but in FE7 it might be a breakable wall or an arena, and if you don't update the properties, your tile--all the tiles--could make for a wacky experience).

I'm preeeetty sure it works, mainly due to IS's laziness in doing things. Like how FE6 is built directly off of FE7, FE8 shares a lot of similarities in tables and things, if not so much the overall game structure :P

Yeah, but FE8 was built directly on FE7. We don't know if FE7 was built directly on FE6, or if they just reused the engine. (This means, FE8 is an extensive hack of FE7; it is a remodeled FE7, so it's not surprising that importing stuff between the two is supported, if the data was never really radically changed).

But it certainly is a boon that the FE7-FE8 conversion is that simple. Hopefully FE6 won't be any more troublesome.

It seems like FE7 would be a hack of FE6 even more so :P A looooooot more stuff is reused in FE7, like the stat screen and the battle frame and crap, plus map data (including palettes) and eeeeeeverything :P

It seems like FE7 would be a hack of FE6 even more so :P A looooooot more stuff is reused in FE7, like the stat screen and the battle frame and crap, plus map data (including palettes) and eeeeeeverything :P

That stuff can easily be ported over if the engines are similar enough. I'm considering the fact that the map sizes operate differently between FE6 and FE7, which might indicate that the engine was forked into FE7, rather than developped into FE7 (that is that unlike FE7 becoming FE8 direction, FE6's engine was taken and used to built a new game, rather than building off FE6). Then again, were there any remnants of other data from FE6 being in FE7, like the female mercenary? That's a good indication that it is built.

Rather than take for granted that it is, I'd prefer we actually know it is, is all :p

Then again, were there any remnants of other data from FE6 being in FE7, like the female mercenary?

You mean Hero.

Also, Omni, how come Marcus has FE8 colors up in your screens, and Roy doesn't?

Edited by seph1212

Nah, seph, there's an unused "female" mercenary. No animation but it has a different map sprite. (Which actually appears male) but it follows the male merc in the class table, which is the general format, male then female then the male promo, then the female promo, so chances are that's what it was planned to be :P Lol I talk a lot

Edit: and yes Celice, actually there were :P Many of the classes were there in the table, their map sprites were there as well, but they lacked animations. (Such as female shamans and druids as well)

Edited by Jubby

I know, but given the way it's entered as a class in the class array would indicate it's a female version of the one previous to it (mercenary) Might have the "female" ability too

And Iknowright

You mean Hero.

Also, Omni, how come Marcus has FE8 colors up in your screens, and Roy doesn't?

Simple, Sholes has recolored Marcus but not Roy. I'm no mugger, so that avenue is lost to me. there are somethings in this world that I can do, others I cannot, and for those things I must rely on others. Together we fight, together we live and all that jazz.

And it's Onmi >.< why does everyone call me Omni?! It's like I took a real word and corrupted it or something

EDIT: Sweet switched to Joshua, someone I recognize at least

Edited by Onmi

Oh

so it is

prolly because Omni is a word that people recognize and their brains don't notice the n and m switch since they're so close to each other in both the word and appearance.

Oh

so it is

prolly because Omni is a word that people recognize and their brains don't notice the n and m switch since they're so close to each other in both the word and appearance.

I noticed.gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Nah, seph, there's an unused "female" mercenary. No animation but it has a different map sprite. (Which actually appears male) but it follows the male merc in the class table, which is the general format, male then female then the male promo, then the female promo, so chances are that's what it was planned to be :P Lol I talk a lot

Edit: and yes Celice, actually there were :P Many of the classes were there in the table, their map sprites were there as well, but they lacked animations. (Such as female shamans and druids as well)

Female Druids are used as enemies in FE7, they should have animations.

I think it's the same with female nomads. I KNOW I saw at least two female nomads on Uhai's map in EHM, but whenever I battle them with animations on, they have the male nomad battle sprite.

I was really confused at first when I fought a female nomad trooper and got the male battle sprite. I was like, "huh? I could've sworn that trooper was a female ..." until I realized that there was no female battle sprite.

Edit: Ah! My badge changed! As soon as I post off Marty, I get Tormod~

Edited by Boron