Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I can try for Elincia. I tried to do Neph but my country accent kept turning into a British one. wtf

edit: Geoffrey is pronounced "johfrey", right?

Edited by CR-S01

You mean 'Jeh-free', right? RIGHT?

It's "Joff-ri". Like how the the FE10 announcer says it.

It's one of the few names we can ACTUALLY RELY ON THE KATAKANA for.

Geo-freynotJeffrey.png

"Jyo-fu-re"

It's not anything they changed like "Brad/Vlad" into "Aran"... "Wayu" into "Mia".... "Soanvolke" to "Stefan"... or "Kilroy" into "Rhys".

We ACTUALLY HAVE an almost non-disputable pronunciation from an official source... aka the narrator, that conforms to the original game's names.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ninoandjaffar

Enclosed, you will have all four of her auditions. Please give her feedback, and I will relay the message.

NarutoxKristina

Enclosed, you will have her auditions. Please give her feedback, and I will relay the message.

Wow holy Shit, the people I recruited on Youtube a month ago actually signed up

NinoxJaffar: Really liked Mist, I prefer Krisina's Elincia but this one isn't bad either. Didn't like the Nephenee

Kristina: I liked this Elincia more than NinoxJaffars one. Ena was also very enjoyable.

I would be perfectly fine with either of them voicing Leanne, they both did very well on this one

Edited by Eail

Uh, I tried Calill.

And Tanith.

Then I tried to do Tanith and Marcia's support convo, but eh.

Kristina, I like your Elincia :D I also like your Leanne singing, it's really pretty. Ena is pretty good too, sometimes there was a cool accent in your Ena voice and that fits Ena quite well, I think.

I can't open Ninoandjaffar's file for some reason, but I'll try to listen to it once it works.

edit: I got n&j's file to work, and I liked her Mist. It was cute and I think it fits Mist better than Elincia, imo.

I think I would prefer Kristina for Leanne though. Her voice has a more Leanne feel to it. Don't know how to describe that, but I felt that n&j's voice went sharp at some points and flat towards the end, while Kristina's voice was more rounded.

Edited by CR-S01

I liked NxJ's Mist a lot. Way better than whoever they got to do her in the cutscenes. It conveyed her character a bit more than Kristina.

As for Leanne, I felt Kristina really did a good job. It was magnificent. ABSOLUTLEY MAGNIFICENT. And that's not just the Oliver in me speaking. Both were really, really good. but if I had to choose one, it would be Kristina.

I also choose Kristina's Elincia. She sounded a lot more royal than NxJ.

NxJ's Nephenee hit the spot. I wish the audition line were a bit longer so I could really get a sense of the character.

Kristina's Ena was just right, too. Recommended.

CR-S01, I think your Calill could be a bit better. She always seemed really smug and self-assured in the game. If I could hear it one more time with a little more "aren't we fancy~", you would be a shoe-in.

I liked Tanith. Not much more to say, really.

NinoxJaffar: Really liked Mist, I prefer Krisina's Elincia but this one isn't bad either. Didn't like the Nephenee

"Thanks for letting me know! Yay, people like my Mist! And I'm fine if Kristina gets Elincia...I kinda think she did a better job than me too! XD Little sad about the Nephenee comment, but I'm glad to know their opinion. I guess what I'd like to know is if there's anything I could do to make it a Nephenee they'll like! On that note, I did make a recording of some of the support conversation lines!! I would have made the sooner, but the weather in Michigan has been horrible and my sinuses acted up! You can post them if you like, I don't mind the criticism. :) Sanku!

~Ninoandjaffar"

Kristina: I liked this Elincia more than NinoxJaffars one. Ena was also very enjoyable.

"oh! thank you! glad to hear it =)"

In case you're curious of their responses, Eail.

I'll listen to the files later today, CR-S01.

Edited by etern

Thanks for the feedback to my NPCs. I don't take those characters seriously.

On another note, despite what the dub might say, I'm pretty sure Geoffrey is pronounced the same as Jeffrey. At least, according to dictionary.com, anyways.

Thanks for the feedback to my NPCs. I don't take those characters seriously.

On another note, despite what the dub might say, I'm pretty sure Geoffrey is pronounced the same as Jeffrey. At least, according to dictionary.com, anyways.

Take a look a Shadows post, in this instance it is pronounced Joff-ri. The Katakana doesn't lie

I'm just saying that Geoffrey is a legitimate name in its own right and it is not, as far as I know, pronounced Joff-ri. Now, I know the makers like to borrow Western names so they very well could have been borrowing the name anyways and it got a little muddy. If it wasn't also mispronounced in the dub, I would suggest ignoring the katakana entirely simply because who cares what the Japanese version says when they're sometimes given completely different names, anyways, and this one is real albeit a bit outdated in spelling. It doesn't really matter all that much anyways since we wouldn't be doing any different then the dub, though. Also, just out of curiousity, how would you write Jeffrey in katakana?

ANYHOW TANGENT TIME. Have we ever addressed how Lucia and Marcia are going to be pronounced? (Did the dub say Lucia's name? I always skip the boring narrated stuff), Are we going with a soft c or the sh sound. Both are valid but I personally prefer the former. Or Lethe. I know its probably Lee-thee like the mythological river but ugh I never pronounce it that way. I also mispronounce Titania because I don't like how her name actually sounds. Er.

I pronounce Lucia the same as Eail, but I dislike "Mar-sha."

I say "Mar-see-ah."

[it's one of the reasons I muted MK404's playthrough]

I say "Mar-see-ah."

Name: マーシャ

They're both correct pronunciations of "Marcia".

However, kana says "Mar-sha".

I would suggest ignoring the katakana entirely simply because who cares what the Japanese version says when they're sometimes given completely different names, anyways...

And here lies the entire reason the FE12 translation thread was such a fanboy storm.

Yes. Ignore official sources.

I mean sure, translation is an art with names... but come on. Dictionary.com... really?

I ACTUALLY like "Jeffrey" better than "Joff-ri"... but saying "I am right. The official localization is wrong. Let's ignore both the English localization and the original source of the names and just say something different because I want to."

I'm completely fine with you guys changing around name pronunciations... It IS a fan project, but don't say "I am right, and the official source is wrong."

You guys will eventually make your decisions, and I'm not even really involved in this project. I'm just here to present what the official source says.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I seriously doubt those who view it, will be all "THE NAME ISN'T PRONOUNCED RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "WHY DIDN'T YOU FOLLOW THE KATANA???" so...why do you keep bringing it up?

I seriously doubt those who view it, will be all "THE NAME ISN'T PRONOUNCED RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "WHY DIDN'T YOU FOLLOW THE KATANA???" so...why do you keep bringing it up?

Unless I'm mistaken...

I say "Mar-see-ah."

Mar-Sha reminds me of the Brady Bunch. Mar-see-ah is how I always say it.

It's Mar-cee-ah? Oh. Whoops. I think that sounds prettier, anyway XD

You guys were having a little discussion about it. I didn't know it was against the rules to answer CR-S01's question with:

Name: マーシャ

They're both correct pronunciations of "Marcia".

However, kana says "Mar-sha".

shrug.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos