Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

Here's my first three submissions (Stefan/Naesala/Bandit2). If anyone has any recommendations for other voices I should try out I'll take 'em. It's a little jumpy, but I haven't used Audacity since I was, like, six, so that was pretty much taken for granted. I'll practice with it some more until I regain my former proficiency.

4Shared

EDIT: I probably should have called it something else...sorry about that.

I don't know whether or not Etern has responded to your audition, but I'm assuming you want some feedback (Or you don't and I'm just a prick):

Really digging your bandit, don't take this as me making fun of you, but I really like the accent you put on it, namely the, "IF YUH DUNT AHH'LL START WITH THA GARRLL". As for your Stefan, it was a little muffled, I have bad speakers so I could only hear a few parts. For your Naesala part, I find it interesting that every person I hear say his name pronounces it differently (We're probably going to have to discuss that later as a group, I know that there was some discussion on pronunciation in the last page). Regardless, it had a good sense of humor and I thought it was quite fitting for his character. If you want my advice on sounding less muffled, I can tell you have a low quality recorder, but if you record in a quiet area and also cover your microphone with something that would act as a windscreen, it might be able to help (Although, I can't say for sure, these methods are more applicable with cardioid microphones). Also do multiple takes and check how far you need to speak from the microphone to get the best sound. Anyway, since my opinion hasn't been asked for I'm not going to get into details like voice direction or vocal range, I feel presumptuous as it is.

By the way, 32 seconds in, I heard it and I love it.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't listened yet, but I will tomorrow.

And jubetube, no worries about giving advice. It's the reason I tend to post the auditions in the thread itself, so others can provide their point of view.

I hate double posting...tch. Ah well.

Gone2Ground, I absolutely loved Naesala and Stefan. Stefan's pleased me the most. The Bandit I'm neutral about.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm thinking of sending something dubbed to machinima, for the dubbed project, but the question is, what do I send in?

A recruitment, death message, support?

I mean, it's not certain that they'll post it anyways, since they didn't post the fandub trailer, but it's worth a shot. The only thing is, it has to be something people would wanna watch. Probably something with Marcia if anything, since she has a big fanbase.

So, what do you think? And how about we give Gone2Ground Stefan, as well? I liked it. =]

So I'm thinking of sending something dubbed to machinima, for the dubbed project, but the question is, what do I send in?

A recruitment, death message, support?

I mean, it's not certain that they'll post it anyways, since they didn't post the fandub trailer, but it's worth a shot. The only thing is, it has to be something people would wanna watch. Probably something with Marcia if anything, since she has a big fanbase.

So, what do you think? And how about we give Gone2Ground Stefan, as well? I liked it. =]

I can't say that I'm knowledgeable regarding how much appeal each character has. However, the scenes that come to mind when it comes to selling this fandub involve some of the more epic moments, like Greil's death, or Ike's speech before the final chapter. If you want to use a support with Marcia, I always enjoyed her conversations with Gatrie, although, if there are preferred conversations we can go by those as well.

I would do Greil's Death, but we would have to find a suitable voice for Greil. Not to mention the sound effects, which I still don't know what I'm going to do about, or how on Earth I'm going to get the sound effects for the cutscenes...

Edit: It's best to stay in the little range of voices that we have, although, if we do agree on the best video to post, and say, we don't have someone voicing the character, we would have to do the same as Greil, and simply find an acceptable voice...

Edited by etern

I would do Greil's Death, but we would have to find a suitable voice for Greil. Not to mention the sound effects, which I still don't know what I'm going to do about, or how on Earth I'm going to get the sound effects for the cutscenes...

Edit: It's best to stay in the little range of voices that we have, although, if we do agree on the best video to post, and say, we don't have someone voicing the character, we would have to do the same as Greil, and simply find an acceptable voice...

Although editing it together will require notes and a bit of time (and patience), at the very least there are a good number of websites that distribute royalty free stock sounds. I'm pretty certain that you can get everything you need with just a bit of google searching, if you even think it's worth it. I have the means to make this scene myself, but I don't think I'm able to get involved in this project beyond doing voice work (Sorry).

Edit: By the way, don't take this post as me forcing this scene on the trailer. I'm just giving my input on your first paragraph regardless of our current resources. I personally agree with a support, as that would be the simplest and least time-consuming thing to work on.

Edited by jubedube

• 3 weeks later...

I remember someone asking if they could do battle cries for their character.

Can those who want battle cries tell me which character should have them? Because I'm already around chapter 20 - 21 so... I should know if I need to record someone's battle animation.

...Just, not Marcia.

We do require more voices, yes. But I already am recording the playthrough for the dubbed project.

Whelp, you fellers got me excited for a long time that i would be doing something great for this world. But i can see its not so easy. Id brag to all my friends that im a voice actor now, but now its all fallacies. I guess its time for this tumbleweed to tumble on home partn'rs.

Ah. I know how it feels, lol. Good to know you're not out, though! :D

I tried advertising on 4chan again, but it ended up 404'ing. [basically, it wasn't popular enough...]

I also wanted to get an actual voice actress, but I'm pretty sure she would've said no. Anyways, anyone know of other popular sites to advertise on? I tried posting the trailer that... I think Eail made (correct me if I'm wrong), but they didn't upload it. So, we're back at waiting...

^Maybe Newgrounds? Maybe some popular voice actors there would be interested.

There are also a lot of people who go to anime conventions who are aspiring voice actors, so if there was some way to advertise there that would be another option.

It is a good idea to advertise at conventions, but, I don't go to a lot of them. The convention HAS to be in Toronto for me to go. :/

I tried advertising on 4chan again, but it ended up 404'ing. [basically, it wasn't popular enough...]

I also wanted to get an actual voice actress, but I'm pretty sure she would've said no. Anyways, anyone know of other popular sites to advertise on? I tried posting the trailer that... I think Eail made (correct me if I'm wrong), but they didn't upload it. So, we're back at waiting...

Did you try /v/ or /vg/? Theres usually always a fire emblem thread on /vg/ and if you went there you would at the very least get some recognition

That is where I posted it -- on /v/. I literally titled it after the dubbed project. I would prefer not posting "FE General" then linking, since I don't know how many people will read the post anyways...

That is where I posted it -- on /v/. I literally titled it after the dubbed project. I would prefer not posting "FE General" then linking, since I don't know how many people will read the post anyways...

Everyone will read the post on the FE general. Its like one big thead

post in the fire emblem threads on /vg/. there's always one active, and they're actually the ones who pointed me your way.

/v/ doesnt get fire emblem threads anymore since /vg/ came out.

It is a good idea to advertise at conventions, but, I don't go to a lot of them. The convention HAS to be in Toronto for me to go. :/

If I have time to once I get back to the states, I could attempt advertising in Seattle and Portland if you'd like.

I'd also like to audition at that point as well.

EDIT: Also there's the Facebook Fire Emblem fan page thing if you haven't tried there yet. It's an open group.

Edited by 1st Mate Bob

A friend of mine gave me an idea. She said to dub over the game over screen, and have each character say "Game Over." :P

A friend of mine gave me an idea. She said to dub over the game over screen, and have each character say "Game Over." :P

Great idea, lets do SOMETHING. We're getting rusty. Ruby honestly forgot that this project exists, lol.