FEXP

BwdYeti

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks Spacecat, I didn't know about custom battle theme ! Really nice ! :^_^:

I'm actually working on a big project using FEXP, but the lack of information make it really difficult to master. There are a couple of things that I don't know so I hope you can help me.

1 : How can you make a boss talk before you fight him ? Like in every FE.

2 : Is it possible to make a preparation screen ? I saw a "PREP" map on Klok's Super FEXP but don't know how it works.

3 : Can someone explain to me how reinforcement works ? There are so many script lines and conditions...

That's all for now, thank you !

1. I honestly do not know how to have boss convos, but I know that it is indeed possible.

2. The preperation screen in FEXP has the nessassary assets already, but is nonfunctional to my understanding.

3. To explain how reinforcement events work, lets look at TestMap Battle in an unedited version of FEXP. This map has one reinforcement event in which a squad of Pegasus Knights comes in on the end of turn 12 and ends on turn 14. This is done through the use of two separate events. The first event (event ID:024 for TestMap Battle) is the data of the unit that will be deployed during the reinforcement event. You set up this unit as any other, but in the unit's name type "Unit Data". This will tell FEXP that this unit is only data for other events to use, and not an actual unit that will be fielded at the start of the battle. You will be referencing this unit data as the unit to be fielded for the reinforcement. The other event is the event that handles the actual reinforcement. It should be event ID:025 for TestMap Battle. Go to tab 2. The first line should say "Conditional Branch: Script: $game_map.turn >=12" This determines what turn the reinforcement will occur. For example, if you wanted to have the reinforcement happen right after the first turn, you would change the 12 to a 0. The next three lines handle the movement of a player unit if they are in the way of the reinforcement. To change where the player will be moved to, go to the 2nd line, and change the values in the parenthesis to the desired values. (By the way, the first value is the X coordinate on the map while the second is the Y coordinate) You can delete these three lines of code if you want player units to be able to block enemy reinforcement spawn points. The next lines are the most important. They look something like this:

$game_map.add_unit_from_event(
24, 1, -1, 5)
id = $game_map.last_added_event
event = $game_map.events[id]
event.evented_move_close_to(0, 5)
This is the code that actually places the unit on the map. The first two lines spawn the unit onto the map. What matter to us though, are the numbers in the parenthesis. The first value is the event ID for the unit to be reinforced. It is important that this unit is Unit Data and not a normal unit, because if said unit is killed during play before or during the event, then the game will crash. Do not change the second value, unless you want the game to crash. The third and forth values determine the coordinates where the unit will be spawned. In the example, the unit will spawn 6 units down from the top and 1 unit to the left. Leave the next two lines unedited. The final line determines where the unit will move to from their spawn point. To determine where the unit will move to, change the two numbers in the parenthesis to the desired x and y map coordinates. Remember that these coordinates must be valid coordinates on the map, and cannot be negative.In the case of the Pegasus Knight unit, it will move from its spawn point (-1,5) to the point (0, 5) You can just set these values to be equal if you want the unit to just appear, but to get the effect of the unit moving from outside the screen to the map, look at the Pegasus Knight for an example. The unit moves from the left side of the screen to the map. This is done by setting the x coordinate to a negative one and then placing the unit at a positive coordinate. This gives the effect of the unit moving from the side of the screen to the map itself. To have more than one unit appear during reinforcement, simply copy theses lines as many times as needed and edit each one just as you did with the first one. Just make sure that the end coordinates do not equal each other, unless you want to have a crash.
Do not edit the next two lines. The next conditional branch determines how many turns the event will happen. In this case, the reinforcements will end after turn 14. To change this, simply edit the number in the conditional to the turn you wish the reinforcement event to end. The next two lines are both control switches that is used by the scripts to end the actual reinforcement event, and the last line in the conditional branch tells the event to move to tab 3, where the event is deleted. Do not edit these.
Hopefully this should be of some use, and if you have any more questions, do not be afraid to ask.
Edited by Spacecat

Long time ago I worked on my own FEXP project, but due to the low support from forum I quit the work.
The engine was improved heavily.
I fixed the "give" command, Added supply, Prep screen, several custom animations, recolored maps, added 2 new tilesets, changed the backgrounds to be like in FE 11, Added several new animations and so on.
But right now I am working on XNA project so I'm no longer having that engine, either it's destroyed or it's somewhere uploaded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Im sorry if this is a stupid question or the wrong forum, but I just downloaded the FEXP 1.0.1 but when I try to open the project to edit it it says "Failed to load actor data", how do I fix this?

• 5 months later...
On 7/1/2016 at 3:57 AM, Lord Wolfram said:

Long time ago I worked on my own FEXP project,  but due to the low support from forum I quit the work.

The engine was improved heavily.

I fixed the "give" command, Added supply, Prep  screen, several custom animations, recolored maps, added 2 new tilesets, changed the backgrounds to be like in FE 11, Added several new animations and so on.

But right now I am working on XNA project so I'm no longer having that engine, either it's destroyed or it's somewhere uploaded.

So you're saying that you made all these fixes but no longer have the fixed version??

• 1 month later...

So, I'm working with Super FEXP and the guy changed all the stat descriptions and the menu buttons. How would I go changing these? I looked through multiple scripts and haven't found any to modify these. TIL there's a "search through all scripts" button.

Edited by LordPudding

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...