(SSBB) draft

Junkhead

A SSBB draft. Here it is.

Basically, this will be like a normal tournament, the exception being that you may only use the characters you've drafted.

Since there are 37 characters, Mario will be free for everyone. The other 36 are divided into 6 teams consisting on 6 characters.

The rules are simple:

- Consider the 12 Rules of Manliness.

- One on one.

- 2 rounds. If it ends in a tie, a 3rd round decides the winner.

- 3 stocks, 8-minute time limit.

- No items, barring Final Smashes. Set it to Low.

And for God's sake (Not really religious, but whatever), please help me make this childish ideal functional and viable!

[spoiler=Characters]

None

Drafters:

.Soul

.Ulki

.Emerald

.Corey

.KALLL

.Kaoz

Draft order:

1.Soul - Yoshi, Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Wolf, Olimar.

2.Emerald - Ike, Ness, Pit, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong.

3.KALLL - Marth, Falco, Wario, Peach, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong.

4.Ulki - Lucario, Toon Link, Snake, Jigglypuff, Samus, Mario.

5.Kaoz - Sheik, Link, Dee Dee Dee, Pokemon Trainer, Luigi, Ice Climbers.

6.Corey - Robotic Operational Buddy, Meta Knight, Lucas, Sonic, Zelda, Fox.

Edited by Angru Mainya

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many rounds is it and is it Knock out?

Also I'll join, but please understand that at any given moment my game might stop working or I might move away and it'll be a week at best before i get internet again. If anyone has a problem with this i'll understand and not participate.

I'm coming in. I'm not going to be whiny about the rulings anymore, but Soul, you should be specific on the terms - at least I get confused when someone isn't :^_^:

Especially this - what is a 'normal tournament'? Single Elimination bracket?

"- 2 matches each round. If it's a tie, consider a 3rd round." What about just making it best of three? Whoever wins two matches first, is the winner of the set? No ties = good, almost always.

And here is where not being a native English speaker got me: "- No items, barring Final Smashes" - does this mean that Smash Balls are allowed, or is it entirely no items?

Other than that, this sounds cool. I think I'll be manly and draft the low-tiers first. (I mean, Link, Ganon and Falcon aren't manly? They are.)

Then again, what is the point of the draft if it's a Single Elimination? If it were Swiss (the format the ongoing tournament is about) and you aren't allowed to use the characters you've already used, that would make sense? Or something. Dunno lol.

..So yeah.

I'm in I guess.

Agreeing with mmKALLL about the format.

@above

Smash Balls are allowed, all other items are set to Off.

Soul, you forgot to specify a frequency setting though. If it's only Smash Balls, I would recommend Low (so one will spawn roughly every 23 seconds).

Oh yeah, you have 37 characters here, but you should combine Samus and ZSS since allowing Final Smashes causes... yeah. That also means you have a total of 36 (all characters + Sheik), and it's perfect for 6 people to pick 6 characters each.

Now that I look at it again, what are the other rules? 3 stocks, 8 minute timer? Or rather something like 2 stocks, 5 minutes and 6 games per set (one game for each character you drafted)? The legal stage list is also missing.

EDIT:

Character list to copy paste for your convenience:

[spoiler=Total = 36]Bowser

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Falco

Fox

Game & Watch

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff

King Dedede

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Meta Knight

Ness

Olimar

Peach

Pikachu

Pit

Pokemon Trainer

R.O.B.

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Toon Link

Wario

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Edited by Chaoskitty

Especially this - what is a 'normal tournament'? Single Elimination bracket?

Yes.

"- 2 matches each round. If it's a tie, consider a 3rd round." What about just making it best of three? Whoever wins two matches first, is the winner of the set? No ties = good, almost always.

Okay, I'm going to make this like Ulki's SSBB tournament. Best 3 out of 5.

And here is where not being a native English speaker got me: "- No items, barring Final Smashes" - does this mean that Smash Balls are allowed, or is it entirely no items?

Other than that, this sounds cool. I think I'll be manly and draft the low-tiers first. (I mean, Link, Ganon and Falcon aren't manly? They are.)

Yes, they're allowed. Set them to Med.

Then again, what is the point of the draft if it's a Single Elimination? If it were Swiss (the format the ongoing tournament is about) and you aren't allowed to use the characters you've already used, that would make sense? Or something. Dunno lol.

It's to avoid people from using the same characters in all of their matches.

Soul, you forgot to specify a frequency setting though. If it's only Smash Balls, I would recommend Low (so one will spawn roughly every 23 seconds).

I think Med is fine. I always have it like that when I play with friends, and it isn't THAT frequent.

Now that I look at it again, what are the other rules? 3 stocks, 8 minute timer? Or rather something like 2 stocks, 5 minutes and 6 games per set (one game for each character you drafted)? The legal stage list is also missing.

Character list to copy paste for your convenience:

[spoiler=Total = 36]Bowser

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Falco

Fox

Game & Watch

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff

King Dedede

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Meta Knight

Ness

Olimar

Peach

Pikachu

Pit

Pokemon Trainer

R.O.B.

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Toon Link

Wario

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Thank you. (:

I set the stocks to 3 and an 8-minute time limit.

Anyway, here's the drafting order:

1..Soul

2..Emerald

3..KALLL

4..Ulki

5..Kaoz

6..Corey

I'll go with Yoshi because I fear Emerald might take him.

And remember, the drafting is snake style, meaning it goes like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 5...and so on.

Edited by Angru Mainya

I just hope that my opponents will agree with setting Smashes to off :)

I think I know what character to pick first, then...

Minus is played with 4 stocks and 8 minutes. But then again, it's best of 5 and not three, so I guess whatever.

... :/

Damn you people. Give me umm.... Crud i'll just go with Lucario since it was the only one almost decent in the tourney... :unsure:

Actually, I'm removing the "- If you lose a match using a character and end up going to the next round, you aren't able to use said character you lost with". It's silly.

Uh I'll take Link I guess.

Also Soul, remove Zelda from my picks. She and Sheik need to be seperate, otherwise we're a character short.

EDIT: Mario was included in the 36 characters... make them seperate again.

Edited by Chaoskitty