(SSBB) draft

Junkhead

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the scoring system, KALLL. =/

It would be easier with just some checks for wins and Xs for losses. Then at the end how many you have won.

I don't get the scoring system, KALLL. =/

In essential, all you need to do is play someone, it's whoever gets two points first as you stated yourself, and then tell the results.

On the table, all the players are on the left and on the top. If you follow a player's row, you can see the results of their matches against others. For example, if you followed my row, you'd see that Core's column has 2-0 there. It means that the match finished with 2 wins for me and 0 for core. Kaoz's column (still on my row) has a 2-1, which means that I won two matches and Kaoz won one. Say, if we played and you lost against me without winning any matches, my row would have a 2-0 against you, and your row would have a 0-2 against me.

Really, it's just that I want the exact results or the pool system won't work as it should. By exact, I mean that I need to know which characters were used and did the winner win 2-0 or 2-1. Compare to soccer; except in SSBB you get one point from winning a match instead of getting a goal. (A match is only a single game, a set includes all the matches against someone)

Example: I won the set against Kaoz 2-1 using Falco and he used Sheik. I won the set against Core 2-0 using Marth and he used Meta Knight.

Of course not, since there's been no discussion.

Assuming that Soul would probably like to CP with stages like Mushroom Kingdom, I believe that all stages are available. I think it'll be much less of a hassle and less saltyness from your opponent if you picked some well-balanced stages. Smashville probably is the least polarized one there is - data shows that over 80% of tournament sets are started there, due to it's balancedness and features (or lack thereof).

Assuming that Soul would probably like to CP with stages like Mushroom Kingdom, I believe that all stages are available. I think it'll be much less of a hassle and less saltyness from your opponent if you picked some well-balanced stages. Smashville probably is the least polarized one there is - data shows that over 80% of tournament sets are started there, due to it's balancedness and features (or lack thereof).

Actually the reason why so many tournament sets start there is because people are too lazy to actually strike and the lack of other elements makes it popular. I would say that stages like Castle Siege or Pokemon Stadium 2 are more balanced because the various transformations ensure that nearly no character is great on all of them.

No character is great on all of them, but if a character is great in even two, it's a huge lead. PS2 is sometimes excluded of even starter sets as large as seven, because of some of the terrain being extremely advantageous for some. Picto is a CP for similar reasons. Castle Siege is much more balanced, but there's a good 20-40 seconds to cg your opponent on the second stage, and the third one promotes camping pretty well, although it does cut off some characters' techniques well too - a good CP with D3 against, say, Falco (it practically shuts off the laser game, although due to the large hitbox of D3, D3 mains usually main another guy to handle pretty difficult match-ups like this).

I want to play on Super Mario Bros. land with the blocks and the moving map next time. 8]

no. I hate moving maps. Hopefully most of you are reasonable enough to know moving stages suck.

Fun matches and tournament matches should be kept apart. Think about your opponent who loses due to a huge randomness factor, and that map is extremely unbalanced. Sure, if you are able to communicate with the other player face-to-face, but I believe that every other player here is playing seriously enough for it to be rather an annoyance. Especially with each block spawning a Smash Ball.

I will not be able to finish my matches it seems... My wii seems busted. The light won't turn on, and its plugged in and everything. This must have been after my dad went downstairs and touched what he shouldn't have causing the house to have a power outage and then have power come back again seconds after...

Edited by SlayerX