Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for some new on this for quite sometime, and I must say I am really impressed! I'm really looking forward this, and can't wait to play. Though, after watching the prologue, I had a path of radiance taste in my mouth. :P

So, wonder what's been shakin' lately for Julie and--

ASDDream.png

...wut

ASDDream2.png

Oh dear god AAAAAAHHHHHH!

ASDDream3.png

Julie needs to stop playing Yoshi's Island before going to bed at 2 AM. Those Fuzzies mess with your mind.

SOMEONE'S been getting too much from Persona, RAY.

Even though I have some knowledge of Persona (and own P3:FES and P4), neither of them were on my mind when coming up with the scenario for the chapter. Kinda funny though, now that you bring it up.

Touch Fuzzy, sleep for 2 days and have insane dreams?

Yes, very much so. I mean, if Yoshi was basically high when under the influence of a Fuzzy, just think about what would happen to Baby Mario if he touched one of those!

Perhaps you should refresh yourselves with the Prologue video, specifically at this

So, while it's not FE404-esque (with a multiple series crossover), there are elements of FE6, FE8 (setting, obviously), and FE10 (which you'll see eventually) added in. (Granted, the plot and maps and such are custom (or will be mostly custom), so it's mostly original.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

This story so far looks amazing, very well done! You've completely redone it, and I must say the new one is far superior in pretty much every way. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this amazing hack!

Micaiah and pals will still be there, as will Begnion, and, well...we'll kinda go from there. XD

Always a good approach, nice and slow, build up the aspects. At least, that's what I take from "go from there."

So you mentioned in your description for the intro to chapter one that you were looking for (or at least open to) help in the development. Strictly in the graphics department?

So you mentioned in your description for the intro to chapter one that you were looking for (or at least open to) help in the development. Strictly in the graphics department?

Animations, mainly. Those are the most tedious of anything to work with. I can handle most spriting, but animations were probably the single reason for the former ASD to fail. I've got others to help for various things, but anims are highest priority for help.

So, now that you know that Chapter 1 videos are up, by proxy that means:

FEASDDXCh2.png

Chapter 2 is also finished. Denote this as a running trend.

After having woken from her dream, Julie is quite worried about Ruby. She knows Ruby can handle herself, but war can be extremely unpredictable, so Julie wonders if Ruby will be able to keep safe. She decides that the team should head for Grado and support her. Everyone is naturally against the idea of invading enemy territory, but Julie is unfazed. She's willing to be by her best friend and support her no matter the cost. So, Josh and the others agree to help.

Alice and Amy(also briefly featuring Alice's boyfriend, Michael) don't necessarily believe that they've got what it takes and calls 'em crazy, but even they decide to join up(but only after the team already leaves for a village).

While they do, a bandit named Dreg is being a douche and Julie and the others decide it's in their best interest to help the innocent civilians of the village.

Fun.

(Charlie also makes a brief cameo, as you can see)

==

Now for something a bit different. I've decided to do a bit of something on the side in order to help keep me away from working on ASD and still keep me motivated on it for a time. That would be drawing some of the characters using TEH LEET FANCY ART SKILLZ that I don't really have. I'm also going to post their bios and their origins as an original character. Again, this is an aside thing, and I only sort of plan to do this like, every two chapters or so. They'll be in spoiler tags to prevent bloating the post.

First up, I'll let you in on our local redhead Pegasus Knight, Heather!

[spoiler=About Heather]

Heather.png

Heather Myriah

16 years old

Heather is a Pegasus Knight, hailing from a distant continent and a student of the Perseus Silverwing Academy; she's the top of her class back homr. She's come to Magvel along with her best friend, Anne, under a contract served by the academy. As such, she has to live with a host family; she ends up living with the Sotos in their home near Renais Castle. She's the sole daughter to Alphonse and Eliza Myriah, the former well known in her homeland as a spectacular Dragonmaster in battle(though none of us have seen any of the sort yet).

She's a very polite and friendly girl, who's also hardworking and noble, never one to betray her convictions, a lesson taught to her by her father. Though she's only known Julie and Josh for about a year or so, she's grown quite attached to them and thinks of them as siblings.

Heather's biggest dream is to one day soar the skies side by side with her father, Alphonse, as a dedicated Pegasus Knight. She's always had a love for flight, ever since she was little. Always adhering to her father's tales as a Dracoknight in the past, she proudly proclaimed that she wanted to fly like he did. As such, she practiced small things under Alphonse's tutilage until she was enrolled into the Perseus Silverwing Academy.

The sword Heather carries is called the Spirit Sword, a special sword given to her by Alphonse as a result of completing her basic training as a Pegasus Knight. It was a weapon he had discovered on a mission one day and kept it with him always as a memento of sorts. He gave it to her under the pretense that if she were to ever use it, it would be to help follow her dreams and protect the people she loves.

Heather has some singing talent that she practices as a bit of a hobby. She's not an extremely good singer, but her singing is at least pleasant to hear. She wouldn't mind practicing singing more if things cooled down in the world.

=====

Heather is one of my older OCs, who actually stemmed back when I thought up of her best friend, Anne. She was originally 15, and meant to be some sort of two-bit role model friend for Anne that would drive her to be a Pegasus Knight herself, but I grew to like her original design and decided to elevate her to a more prominent character -- so much so that she's ended up becoming one of my favorite original characters.

She's supposed to be one of those girls that you'd look up to if you were like or around her: strong, confident, and still very friendly and talkative. You know that she's got your back whenever you see her. Though, looking back, she's hopefully not that Sue-ish. XD

The Spirit Sword seen in the image is the older design; I hadn't looked at the redesign Josh had made to it during drawing it. Heather herself had a bit of a redesign in her hair to make it stand out better and seem different from another OC of mine with similar hair.

Heather's going to be quite important in days to come...hopefully. I wouldn't plan on counting her out of anything yet.

Julie needs to stop playing Yoshi's Island before going to bed at 2 AM. Those Fuzzies mess with your mind.

Indeed. Those Fuzzies... dangerous, man.

This is going to be so exciting to play once this is actually done. I liked how you gave the Anima Tomes unique names. Are you going to be making difficulty selections open... Anyways, Keep up the good worklaugh.gif

I got to say, I thoroughly enjoy the videos you make of these! They are so entertaining and your hack is one of the few hacks that look truly original! My only problems are the chapter 1 map is a bit meh, everyone has pencil eyebrows, and that thief(looks f*ing wicked)'s eyes are too far apart.

Can't wait for chapter 2's videos. :)