Hazuki

Fire Emblem Gaiden routes  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you direct them?

• Alm first, Cellica last
    • Cellica first, Alm last
    • Even progression
    • Inconsistent progression

For any of you who have played Fire Emblem Gaiden, when you reach the part of the game where you can control either the party of either Alm or Cellica on the world map, in what way do you actually make progress through the chapters? Do you have a preference of completing one character's route before another's, or do you like to switch it up somehow? Looking forward to your input!

As for me, I like to try to play even portions of each character's routes. I think that this way keeps the player map music from feeling less monotonous.

even progression.

its abit easier to gain EXP for both partys if you do that

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but I'm curious as to why you say that, because I don't understand how.

I usually continue playing Celica until she's done, then switch to Alm, then maybe keep Alm until the next part of him is done, then over to Celica, and so on.

I feels more fun for me that way. Though the first time I played Gaiden I got caught in the Dragon Nest trap this way :X but hell, I was strong enough to slaughter them each turn (Celica had to fight from the beginning of the Chapter all the way to the Sage dude or whatever), so it was more tedious than scary :D

if you do one side completely before the other side, that side won't get as many reinforcement units to fight compaired to the side you left behide, thus less total EXP.

I guess that's true, but can't you just grind for EXP on either route anyway? There are places on the map that always initiate a battle map every time you walk over them, and you could just use those to become more powerful.

In Chapter 3: roughly even.

In Chapter 4: starting even until Alm recruited Zeke (stopped to grind Alm to lv 20 before Celica promoted him), then finished Celica's side then Alm's side.

• 6 years later...

Usually, you'd want to beat Alm's chapter 3 first, so you can kill Silque and revive her on Celica's side. For chapter 4, you do Celica's side first and once again kill Silque, so Alm can get her back.