Fire Emblem: Prisoner of Darkness

Crimson Red

This hack is about a guy named Emowood (guess who) dressed all in Black.

It's all fiction and non-canon but chronologically would take place (if it were meant to follow the other stories of Elibe...) after FE7 and after Elibian Nights but not that much after Elibian Nights (Eleanora has died).

I'm going to pull what some other people have been doing and not post screenshots so that people play the game first before *totally* judging the game based off of screenshots. Patching should be simple enough, it's a hack of FE7 in UPS format, details included.

Also if you're going to comment on glitches, bullshit, etc., please read the README as it details the premises of this hack and the known facts about it (a ragefest hack full of crap) so that I don't have to explain things to people that I've already covered. Actually I might just ignore issues clearly brought up by the README so if I don't respond you can just assume I have an explanation I'm happy with for it. As for legitimate bugs, glitches, etc., please do let me know so I can fix them ASAP and be done with this hack once and for ever... maybe... -_-

Lastly, if you want, you can upload screenshots of parts of the game you thought were interesting, and I will add it to a spoiler in this topic. It'll be "user submitted screenshots" and I'll add it later on, once people have played this and people rage at me for how bad and stupid and "luck-based" it is. Just for fun, nothing else, if I don't get any, then whatever.

Fire Emblem: Prisoner of Darkness - v1.2 (Final) Download

I'm feeling especially lazy which is counteracting my tendency to type walls of text, so this is a pretty short post for me. >_>

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

For the record I think only 2 of my betatesters actually beat the hack, and then I did several times (before I realized that I'd never be "satisfied" with this hack and just gave up working on it and called what was done a finished project).

It takes more brains than raw strategy and/or luck, you only have one unit and his growths are so solid that you either have to get RNG screwed or be an idiot to die to the raw power and numbers of the enemies rather than die because of the challenges themselves.

[/selfinsight]

For the record I think only 2 of my betatesters actually beat the hack, and then I did several times (before I realized that I'd never be "satisfied" with this hack and just gave up working on it and called what was done a finished project).

It takes more brains than raw strategy and/or luck, you only have one unit and his growths are so solid that you either have to get RNG screwed or be an idiot to die to the raw power and numbers of the enemies rather than die because of the challenges themselves.

[/selfinsight]

what i was saying is that i think you can win the ragefest contest. though i'm not the best FE player by a long shot and i got to part 4

[/selfinsight]

:D I did it! It's pretty much a sweet hack. If you haven't tried it yet, you should.

Hey Luffy,

I just downloaded the hack it's pretty awesome, but there is one slight glitch (it's only minor). If you die during the third challenge, after displaying the game over screen, the game fades to black and stays there for about 10-15 seconds (also, sometimes Emowood appears (not his map sprite, but his dialogue image) for about 0.5 seconds before it goes back to the title screen). Apart from that, it's one sweet hack.

Would I also be able to get a copy of the walkthrough? Is there a trick to part 4 (or 9 for that matter, which is far as I've gotten)? It seems a little luck based (well, in my experience (as in if you get speed or resistance screwed) though I'm no yardstick).

Edited by Epic Fail

If you beat Darkness then you won the game, I'm just a jerk and make it seem like you didn't but hint that you have actually completed the game.

Oh cool. So I won after all.

After beating the 10th part and getting a game over, I ragequit, since I couldn't find any other way to win.

But the other parts were quite entertaining to figure out. ^_^

I had fun with this. I think the parts I got stuck on the longest were part 1 (lol didn't notice that fort at first), that part with the four swordmasters, and that part right before beating the darkness, where you have to defeat all the enemies before you get to face off with the final boss. And I lol'd at the turn limit.