Nergal (Spoiler alert)

Paper Jam

The glimpses in time reveal that Nergal was the father of Nils and Ninian. And Ninian lived in Ilia prior to the Scouring according to her conversations with Florina.

So Nergal was already very old by the time he met Athos, right? They were both around before the Scouring...

The glimpses in time reveal that Nergal was the father of Nils and Ninian. And Ninian lived in Ilia prior to the Scouring according to her conversations with Florina.

So Nergal was already very old by the time he met Athos, right? They were both around before the Scouring...

Makes sense, I mean if nergal is the father, and Ninian was around before the war, than that's the only reasonable answer

That whole thing is weird. I thought I heard somewhere that Athos is a thousand years old, and Nergal is 500, or something.

Nils and Ninian's father left them at the location of chapter 19xx, and later Nergal showed up at that same location muttering about having left something there but unable to remember what. The logical conclusion is that Nergal is Nils and Ninian's father.

But if Nergal were a dragon, he wouldn't have needed Nils or Ninian to open the gate. I think that maybe Nils and Ninian had some human blood in them...

I don't remember it being clear that that person was Nergal. I find it hard to believe that Nergal is a dragon.

It was rather clear. In Chapter 19xx, he briefly remembers the past. He passes it off as a lost memory.

Besides, I think that's probably why he was able to summon the dragons, or was that because he drained Ninian's quintessence?

Proof that Ninian and Nils are Nergal's children.

Nergal isn't a dragon, he's a powerful human being just like Athos. Nils' and Ninian's mother is a dragon, making them half dragon.

I see all that, and I get where all of you are coming from, but I just can't see it. It's never again mentioned, it changes nothing in the story, and it just doesn't feel possible. It feels more like an idea the creators forgot to remove from the game.

To me, it just feels like something the creators didn't want to seem too obvious. They wanted it to be a not-so-obvious surprise or something. I'm guessing that's why they made the requirements for 19xx so.....ridiculous(can't find a better word).

I see nothing that proves he isn't a dragon.
Renault:

You... Your name is, [TACTICIAN'S NAME GOES HERE], isn't it? I'll wager you don't trust me. You think I look shady, don't you? Don't let it bother you. It's the truth... Nergal is powerful. But he is still human, and these morphs were made by that same human... Victory is not impossible. ...I know this to be true.

If that isn't proof then I don't know what is. :mellow:

If that isn't proof then I don't know what is. :mellow:

Oh, when does he say that?

By the way, it's funny how he was able to summon the dragons right before he died. Or was the gate already open and he was just calling to them?

Ninian and Nils are half dragon. If both of their parents were also half dragon then they'd be that too.

Since there were probably half dragons living in arcadia, it's possible in my eyes that nergal could be half as well and he knocked up some chick living there.

It's possible, and it might explain why he's so old. Athos is a legendary hero so that's where he got his longevity from.

That all said, i think he's just a powerful human and the mom was pure dragon. I'm just showing other possibilities.

Nergal is a human. He was married to a dragon (presumably Ninis, as Ninian, when talking about her ring, mentions that it belongs to her mother. Said ring is called "Ninis' Grace.") They had two half-dragon children, Nils and Ninian. Nergal has no natural attributes that would prove him to be a dragon, his ability to drain quintessence was learned and practiced in Arcadia. He also had to use Nils or Ninian to open the gate, as he did not have the dragon-blood required to do so. Forgetting you are a half-dragon is somewhat hard to do. Also, despite being in close range to the Dragon's Gate (I forget whether he actually touched it or not), he was unable to assume a draconic form. As mentioned beforehand, he is simply an extremely powerful sage who has certain powers that he had to learn. Nils and Ninian got their half-dragon blood from their mother, Ninis, and thus Nils and Ninian can transform into ice dragons, drain quintessence, and open the Dragon's gate, Nergal is only able to do one of those three things. In case you don't remember Nils or Ninian being able to drain quintessence, I'm assuming that's what they refer to as "sharing their power", as when Ninian gives much of her power to Nils, she becomes ill shortly afterwards.

Edited by PurpleDoom

He was married to a dragon (presumably Ninis, as Ninian, when talking about her ring, mentions that it belongs to her mother. Said ring is called "Ninis' Grace.")

I don't remember where, but I read that Ninis was not Ninian and Nils mother's name. Aenir was her name.

I don't remember where, but I read that Ninis was not Ninian and Nils mother's name. Aenir was her name.

I believe it was in one of the site's "evil quizzes". I'll go search for it.

EDIT: Quiz

(For those too lazy to click on the link.)

Q6) FE7: What is the name of Ninian and Nils's mother?

A Aenir - Not many know this due to a localisation error

Edited by Fireman

Nergal is a human. He was married to a dragon (presumably Ninis, as Ninian, when talking about her ring, mentions that it belongs to her mother. Said ring is called "Ninis' Grace.") They had two half-dragon children, Nils and Ninian. Nergal has no natural attributes that would prove him to be a dragon, his ability to drain quintessence was learned and practiced in Arcadia. He also had to use Nils or Ninian to open the gate, as he did not have the dragon-blood required to do so. Forgetting you are a half-dragon is somewhat hard to do. Also, despite being in close range to the Dragon's Gate (I forget whether he actually touched it or not), he was unable to assume a draconic form. As mentioned beforehand, he is simply an extremely powerful sage who has certain powers that he had to learn. Nils and Ninian got their half-dragon blood from their mother, Ninis, and thus Nils and Ninian can transform into ice dragons, drain quintessence, and open the Dragon's gate, Nergal is only able to do one of those three things. In case you don't remember Nils or Ninian being able to drain quintessence, I'm assuming that's what they refer to as "sharing their power", as when Ninian gives much of her power to Nils, she becomes ill shortly afterwards.

Nergal was able to forget that he had children. It wouldn't be unreasonable if he forgot he was a half-dragon.

Renault's quote looks like one of those pre-chapter ones, so I'm assuming it appears in Chapter 32x or Final-1.

If Nergal was half-dragon, I'm sure Athos or Hawkeye or someone would have mentioned it. It's an interesting theory though.

Renault's quote looks like one of those pre-chapter ones, so I'm assuming it appears in Chapter 32x or Final-1.

If Nergal was half-dragon, I'm sure Athos or Hawkeye or someone would have mentioned it. It's an interesting theory though.

But, even though Nergal and Athos used to be good friends, there's a chance that Nergal never told Athos, like he thought that Athos would hate him if he knew he was a half dragon.

I think athos would know if nergal was a dragon, because he can probably sense it, like hawkeye.

And why would athos hate him? Nergal isn't like the dragons he fought in the scouring. Plus I'm sure the ones living in Arcadia would have lessened any resentment towards dragons.

Nergal was able to forget that he had children. It wouldn't be unreasonable if he forgot he was a half-dragon.

As the boss of 19xx said, learning the dark arts consumes your mind, and you begin to forget everything. However, natural abilities are not part of one's memory - even if he did somehow forget, over all those years, he would probably rediscover those abilities and use them to his own ends. He could have just opened the gate, went to the other side, and rallied a dragon army to retake Elibe, if that was the case. But he didn't. And as I said before, he had to learn how to drain quintessence - if he was half-dragon, he would probably have gotten much more efficient at it much faster.