Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

As some of you may know, I've managed to reduce the backgrounds from the GCN/Wii FE games to be compatible with the GBA games.

I've got 221 images compressed into three folders and they are free to use, edit, etc. Only stipulation being that myself(the one who converted them) and VincentASM(the one who provided them) are given credit for them.

Zip 1
Zip 2
Zip 3

Edited by Nayr Farros

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a spriter, so I can't really crit most of these, but Chayse looks, bluntly, anorexic. Alistair's neck is about as wide as her bust, and her arms are tiny. If she's prepubescent, the face doesn't really show that.

Yay, another TotA fan~!

Guy's neck looks like it's at an odd angle. Can't really say much about anything else, as I'm pretty bad with spriting.

That Zephiel is manly! IMO the eyes look a little weird, like they're missing something but other than that they look great.

I'm not a spriter, so I can't really crit most of these, but Chayse looks, bluntly, anorexic. Alistair's neck is about as wide as her bust, and her arms are tiny. If she's prepubescent, the face doesn't really show that.

Whoa... That's supposed to be his sister, man! tongue.gif

They all look the same.

You need to get your eyes checked =b Are you seeing in black and white? XD

I really like your work! They're real creative. A few things though.

I see a bit of angle problems, like those stringy things on Zephiel's mug. Compared to where the trim is pointing, it looks like they're facing different directions. Also Zephiel's neck looks too wide for his head. Or that's what the collar implies.

For Madelyn, to the right the ruffly part going over her shoulder looks like it has much thicker cloth than the rest of her outfit. You might wanna change how that part looks. ;]

I think you should shorten Marth's neck a bit.

Matilda's a decent splice, but her eyes are way too close together.

Aaaand, I like Guy, but his neck angle with the way his body is facing does look weird.

Edited by seph1212

I meant the facial expressions, most of them really dont change.

I see some smiling, some frowning, some with normal expressions.

Some with small eyes, larger eyes, eyes inbetween.

There's even a guy with his head tilted sideways.

After reading the intro topic now I think I can understand =b

I see some smiling, some frowning, some with normal expressions.

Some with small eyes, larger eyes, eyes inbetween.

There's even a guy with his head tilted sideways.

After reading the intro topic now I think I can understand =b

He means that most of the facial structures, the nose, jawline, and mouth, look exactly the same. Like between Marth, Hicks, Aslan (to some extent), and Zephiel.

Nayr's been getting better at breaking free from his sameface, but it's still there, somewhat.

Edited by seph1212

My sister is 16. And the sprite is drawn more realistically in the face shape than cartoony.

Also, Alistair's neck isn't thick, it's just thick chainmail to match his DA appearance.

Matilda's a decent splice, but her eyes are way too close together.

Aaaand, I like Guy, but his neck angle with the way his body is facing does look weird.

First, noted.

Second.

394px-Guy6.jpg

Mmmyes, I see that. What's your point? Your sprite's body is facing a lot more forward than the official art, there ' x'

And as such, the angles look off. Whether or not you fix that is your discretion.

She still looks tiny, your sister, that is. With the proportions in that, it feels like her waist is the width of her head. Which is... either anorexic or corsetted. FE female proportions in general are terrible, especially the magechicks with their nonexistent shoulders, and shouldn't be used for a size reference. If you didn't use them for size reference, well, she's still too small to look like any healthy teenager. Especially since you claimed to use more "realistic" facial proportions (which doesn't look realistic at all tbh), you should use more realistic proportioning as well.

I think it's the chin/eye placement that's making it look more sideways/off to the side. Compare the left eye(his left) to the other one(the sprite) and see where it is in each. Maybe move the chin slightly to the left or the eye slightly to the right?

She still looks tiny, your sister, that is. With the proportions in that, it feels like her waist is the width of her head. Which is... either anorexic or corsetted. FE female proportions in general are terrible, especially the magechicks with their nonexistent shoulders, and shouldn't be used for a size reference. If you didn't use them for size reference, well, she's still too small to look like any healthy teenager. Especially since you claimed to use more "realistic" facial proportions (which doesn't look realistic at all tbh), you should use more realistic proportioning as well.

Well she is really petite irl. Also she does modeling so it wouldn't surprise me if she did spend more time than she should watching what she eats.