Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan on the body positioning. He is either

A) has a longer far shoulder than a near shoulder

or

B) retracting his head in disgust like so.

His corget collar is even, yet his clothe collar isn't? They are also at a different facing angle than each other.

Also needs a little more square on the jaw. Just a little. Not too much. But enough to rid him of babyface.

Also needs a little more square on the jaw. Just a little. Not too much. But enough to rid him of babyface.

Agreed. Just a bit.

But seriously, the face is 100% better now! GLORY

Edited by Astelaine

• 4 months later...

Ooooh, I like this guy. His collar is uneven, though - I would raise the left collar (opv) by 1 px and lower the right one by 1 px. The lightest shade in his armor trim (the yellow) could also stand to be brighter, for better contrast. Finally, the two thick strands of hair to the upper-right of his ear need smoothed out, both in their curve and their anti-aliasing. Other than that, lovely. I adore his face! Good job, Nayr.

Edit: Ohh, his scar should curve with the shape of his face too. Looks kind of off to me atm.

Edited by Astelaine

Started out as a test to see if my spriting muscle was still there

From Wikipedia.org:

In humans, prolonged periods of immobilization, as in the cases of bed rest or astronauts flying in space, are known to result in muscle weakening and atrophy.

nayrstopic_zps9f0d0fa5.png

[spoiler=legit crit]Let's see here... I think the trim on his chestplate is off angle. The pauldrons alone look mismatched in that respect, too. This is emphasized by the big bits of trim at the top. This bit should be more towards the center. The little curvy parts seem to both have the exact same angle at a glance, even though they shouldn't. Basically his angles are just everywhere and a little bit confused, in my opinion. Also, the trim on his collar makes it look like separate pieces of armor rather than one whole thing. You use the border color a little bit too much where the darkest shade of armor/trim would be fine. Is that a scar, or a really wispy cowlick?

nayrhector_zps2e779754.gif

Oh, and there's way too much Hector. Methinks someone of your talent could do a little better than this.

Edited by Agro

nayrhector_zps2e779754.gif

Oh, and there's way too much Hector. Methinks someone of your talent could do a little better than this.

Believe it or not, the only part from Hector that I used in that face was the far-faceline. Rest of it was heavily edited off of a splice of Harken and Klein with a custom nose, mouth, and eyebrows.

It coming out looking so Hector-like was an accident actually.

• 1 month later...

splicecontestentry.png

So I spruced up my splice contest entry to look more custom.

Plenty of things that would have been illegal by contest rules needed to be done.

Also tweaked the colors. Switched to a green kimono. The guys on Marky's board said it'd make a pretty good Myrmidon, even though that wasn't at all what I was going for. lol

Says the guy who slaps a swastika on every one of his OCs. :p

You must have me confused with someone else, I don't sprite. And even if I did, the four characters you're talking about still have the correct proportions and good shading so, this is supposed to be bad?

• 4 weeks later...

nusue2.png

Been doing edits to my NuSue sprite.

And I think I finally worked out all the manishness from it.

Also added some blue to her tribal pattern(saw a fanart with it and liked it) with the spare color I had on the palette and it has a nice little pop because of it.

Edited by Nayr Farros

she has a long face

and her body is really scrunched

her eyes are very dark

her mouth is too small

the near side of her face doesn't have hair covering it

her cheek is too low

is my opinion on it

Edited by AthenaWyrm

1. I measured the face to Sue's existing portrait. It's the same.

2. I could probably let the body out a couple of pixels. But then people would start saying the head is too small.

3. I'll look into that. Can't promise I can fix it because Sue's eyes use the same colors as her hair, which is dark green.

4. The hairstyle is the same as the original. It's just that the original's looked like she used way too much hairspray. and it spiked out.

5. Agree to disagree on that.

6. Thanks for the feedback(too many people try to pass snark off as cnc. I like concise lists)