Ragefest 3: Douchey Today, Relieved Tomorrow

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right... Well, I've come to a decision that was not lightly made.

After many days of compensating this, I've decided that I will record Marc's submission again.

Make sure you wait until AstraLunaSol finishes his LP of the game first.

Make sure you wait until AstraLunaSol finishes his LP of the game first.

I'll probably record it before he finishes it, but I won't post it until he finishes.

Is that OK?

• 4 weeks later...

OK, Marc. I finished recording your submission, and I have to ask you a question.

What were you trying to do in this hack? Were you trying to troll the living hell out of me to win the Sadist award? Or were you trying to win the Writer award with the hack's story? Because if you were, then in ALL honesty...

I think you did both. Good job.

OK, Marc. I finished recording your submission, and I have to ask you a question.

What were you trying to do in this hack? Were you trying to troll the living hell out of me to win the Sadist award? Or were you trying to win the Writer award with the hack's story? Because if you were, then in ALL honesty...

I think you did both. Good job.

I wasn't trying to troll anyone in specific. I just channeled my hatred and anger, thought of really cruel moves to pull, positioned the enemies really dickishly, and made all the reinforcements really dickish.

As for the story...? Eh... It's not a particularly great story. I intended to make it one of those stories where people speculate about the loose ends, but ultimately I don't feel it worked out well. Plus, my god, the dialogue is really god damn stilted and unnatural at parts.

The few jokes I did were pretty hilarious though, I think.

I wasn't trying to troll anyone in specific. I just channeled my hatred and anger, thought of really cruel moves to pull, positioned the enemies really dickishly, and made all the reinforcements really dickish.

As for the story...? Eh... It's not a particularly great story. I intended to make it one of those stories where people speculate about the loose ends, but ultimately I don't feel it worked out well. Plus, my god, the dialogue is really god damn stilted and unnatural at parts.

The few jokes I did were pretty hilarious though, I think.

Ah, yeah... about that. While the enemy reinforcements WERE pretty dickish, I found the way around them and making them not spawn is really easy. You just need to stand on where they spawn. It's not that hard.

You insult yourself. The story actually WAS pretty interesting. And because of the story, I actually finished the recording within 7 hours. The conversations between characters actually WAS pretty good too.

The jokes, oh my god. Some were hilarious, some were dickish, some of them were presumably intended to be bad, but wound up OK, but there was ONE joke in the submission was an abomination that went OVER THE LINES OF MY LIMITS OF HUMOR. (For the sake of current secrecy, I will not say what joke it was in particular.)

Ah, yeah... about that. While the enemy reinforcements WERE pretty dickish, I found the way around them and making them not spawn is really easy. You just need to stand on where they spawn. It's not that hard.

Wait, were you actually able to BEAT the submission??

You insult yourself. The story actually WAS pretty interesting. And because of the story, I actually finished the recording within 7 hours. The conversations between characters actually WAS pretty good too.

I don't wanna spoil anything about the submission, so I can't really explain why I don't think the story is all that great. It's not without it's merits though. I DID put considerable effort into it, and I payed a lot of attention to details and making sure there was a healthy amount of dialogue. The end result wasn't great, but I can at least say that if I polished up my story-writing skills, I might be able to produce a story of some worth.

The jokes, oh my god. Some were hilarious, some were dickish, some of them were presumably intended to be bad, but wound up OK, but there was ONE joke in the submission was an abomination that went OVER THE LINES OF MY LIMITS OF HUMOR. (For the sake of current secrecy, I will not say what joke it was in particular.)

I bet I know which one it is. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm quite proud of that one. A blend of dickery and WTF perfectly mixed together to create a recipe for... stuff.

STUFF.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Wait, were you actually able to BEAT the submission??

I don't wanna spoil anything about the submission, so I can't really explain why I don't think the story is all that great. It's not without it's merits though. I DID put considerable effort into it, and I payed a lot of attention to details and making sure there was a healthy amount of dialogue. The end result wasn't great, but I can at least say that if I polished up my story-writing skills, I might be able to produce a story of some worth.

I bet I know which one it is. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm quite proud of that one. A blend of dickery and WTF perfectly mixed together to create a recipe for... stuff.

STUFF.

Yes. I was. It took me about 7 hours, but I beat it.

Alright, I'll respect that you don't want to spoil anything in the submission. I won't force anything on you.

If your definition of stuff is NIGHTMARES FOR MONTHS, then I'd say there's going to be plenty of that. (Or am I thinking about the wrong joke? If you know which joke I was talking about, then tell me what it was via PM.)

Yes. I was. It took me about 7 hours, but I beat it.

Christ. You're like, one of about five people I know who has actually beaten it. Good job.

If your definition of stuff is NIGHTMARES FOR MONTHS, then I'd say there's going to be plenty of that. (Or am I thinking about the wrong joke? If you know which joke I was talking about, then tell me what it was via PM.)

Ooooooh. THAT one. Nah, I was thinking of a different joke. You might not have actually ended up seeing it.

Is it bad that I kinda wanna see bladehero's LP since nothing has been said by ALS in this topic for like 2 weeks and his commentary was boring and this is extending RF3 way beyond what it needs to be and this is a runon sentence

I'm really sorry I haven't announced Ragefest 4 yet. I was hoping people would discuss Ragefest 4 a bit more before I went and made an announcement, since not much progress has actually been done on "polishing up" Ragefest 4's rules, guidelines, and whatnot.

That and... Well, I've made The Emblem Brigade my main Fire Emblem forum and their hacking section is still underdeveloped. If I keep the Ragefest 4 thread exclusive there, I don't know how prosperous it will actually be.