(Pokémon) A New Black/White Draft

Kon

I've been lurking the Pokémon drafts for a little while and I thought it would be fun to start another Black/White draft.

Rules:

-Starters and Reshiram/Zekrom are free, as are the Monkeys (but only for the first gym).

-Only drafted units can be used in battle, unless the undraftd units are sent out with Whirlwind/Roar or all of your drafted units have fainted. In that case use it as little as possible/switch out as soon as possible.

-Undrafted units are only allowed to use HMs.

-Barring the Petilil/Cottenee in-game trade, please don't draft Pokémon that aren't in the version you're playing. :\

-No starter abuse or excessive grinding, please.

-Trading units to evolve is allowed.

-The game ends at the credits, but that doesn't mean you have to stop playing.

-In a gym battle, you're only allowed to use as many Pokémon as the gym leader.

Pokémon

Patrat/Watchog

Purrloin/Liepard

Pansage/Simisage

Pansear/Simisear

Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith

Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad

Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny

Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede

Basculin

Maractus

Dwebble/Crustle

Trubbish/Garbodor

Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus

Deerling/Sawsbuck

Emolga

Karrablast/Escavalier

Foongus/Amoonguss

Frillish/Jellicent

Alomomola

Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross

Elgyem/Beheeyem

Cryogonal

Stunfisk

Druddigon

Bouffalant

Rufflet/Braviary

Vullaby/Mandibuzz

Heatmor

Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon

Terrakion

Virizion

Tornadus

Thundurus

Participants:

1) Kon - Cottenee/Whimsicott, Mienfoo/Mienshao, Yamask/Cofagrigus, Woobat/Swoobat, Shelmet/Accelgor, Pawniard/Bisharp [Complete]

4) eclipse - Sawk, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn, Audino, Blitzle/Zebstrika, Ducklett/Swanna, Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle [Complete]

5) chillaccinogirl - Minccino/Cinccino, Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile, Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant, Munna/Musharna, Petilil/Lilligant, Cubchoo/Beartic

3) Manix - Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure, Joltik/Galvantula, Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland, Archen/Archeops, Panpour/Simipour, Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe [Complete]

2) blues - Throh, Scraggy/Scrafty, Tirtouga/Carracosta, Golett/Golurk, Cobalion, Durant

6) Kaoz - Drilbur/Excadrill, Sigilyph, Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Klink/Klang/Klinklang, Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus [Complete]

I'm still pretty new to the whole draft thing, so if something seems really bad or off just tell me.

Edited by Kon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's got a Herdier and Watchog, IIRC. Both hit really hard, relatively speaking. You can grind, but that breaks yet another rule of the challenge.

When I said no excessive grinding I only meant that you couldn't do massive grinding sessions that would trivialize the game. I don't really plan on being incredibly strict on that rule, though.

It is definetly possible to beat Lenora efficiently with only two pokemon, but I'm not mentioning those pokemon.

Ehehe, I know roughly what you're talking about.

Also, I'm so in.

Looks like noone else wants to join, so let's start the draft. We'll be picking six Pokémon for a total of seven with your starter and there will be a 12 hour maximum wait period for picks.

Here are the results of my RNG:

1 4 5 3 2 6 6 2 3 5 4 1

So that means I get first pick. I'll take Cottenee/Whimsicott, since I've always wanted to play with the little troll.

Eclipse is up next; I'll update the OP with the draft order.

Hah, it's 6:30 PM here. ;^_^

Okay, Sawk for eclipse and Minccino/Cinccino for chillaccinogirl. That means that Manix gets the next pick.

Edited by Kon