Return of the Emblem Chapter Seven: Reunion

Phoenix

Satisfied with the procedings, Norbert began to think on who his own roommate would be. If there are limmitted rooms with two beds, I could take one with one bed and just sleep on the ground. Or if there's an odd number of men, I could just sleep alone. I'll think about this later. "Okay, well, that's settled. Go on and choose a room, then, and I'll put your bedroll there," he mentioned to Raquel, waiting for her to start her room-search.

Gytha already had a good idea of who she'd be rooming with. "Hoy, Synthia, ye want t' share a room?" the mariner asked her teammate. They'd roomed together before, so she didn't see a reason for the mage to reject the offer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the idea of room sharing was sprung up. <Is it really necessary?> John thought. <They have a point, but would it really make a difference? Well, better safe than sorry as they say.> He shrugged.

So we're sleeping in pairs? Sophia thought. Well, if they think it's for the best. She then looked around. Hm, who to ask then...

Tairi was shocked and confused at what Amon showed her, especially the last part with Mansur. Lilith was a force to be reckoned with, clearly. She wasn’t sure what to say, but did follow the group till they reached the guest quarters.

-----

“Uh... sure?” Synthia replied to Gytha. There were plenty of rooms to go around, so she didn’t see why it was necessary to pair up, but she didn’t mind.

"A'right! C'mon, let's pick out a room!" Gytha happily cheered, grabbing Synthia's arm and dragging her over to look at the rooms. Maw just followed along as casually as she always did.

“Ah, wait, Gytha...!” Synthia protested as she was dragged towards the building. Yes, she would like to see the rooms, but no, she didn’t appreciate her arm being yanked on.

-----

Valter didn’t understand the need for shared rooms, but because he didn’t consider himself under Raquel, he figured it didn’t apply anyway. While most of the group was still talking outside, he walked in to find himself one of the single rooms.

-----

It was awkward just standing around, Tairi was beginning to think. Perhaps she could be of assistance. <“Is there anything you need help with here?”> she asked, not really expecting there to be anything. If she was free to go she planned on leaving to ponder what was going on, maybe spy on Lilith or something.

"<Alas poor Synthia. I knew her well, Chip.>" mused Robin as she watched the poor woman get dragged off by the foul ogress Gytha. "I am fine with anyone as a roommate for me. It may not even be a issue in the long run though."

It looked like some were already heading to get a room, and from the looks of it, even one unwillingly or something. <Heh, looks like someone's excited about it> John resisted to laugh after watching Synthia being dragged of. <Hm, should I go find a room first? Maybe this way I could get it for myself, heh.>

Good thing I'm not rooming with her. Sophia thought seeing the little scene.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, finding someone to show them were the rooms with two beds were, Gytha and Synthia (but mostly Gytha) began their search for a room to stay in...which ended after selecting the first room they entered. It was large and well-furnished with two beds and a window that let the light in through large, translucent curtains in vivid shades of peach and orange. Throughout the room, accents of bright red added to the orange and peach theme. It was quite luxurious. Maw trotted up to the bed on the right of the room and leaped up onto it to observe her surroundings. Gytha followed suit and sat down on what would be her bed for their time in Sanctuary while Maw started washing her face. "This'un seems nice! What d' ye think?" Gytha asked Synthia. The sinking sun's rays were illuminating the room from the window, which was facing north so that the room was filled with sunlight throughout the day and so that it'd catch the rays from sunrise and sunset.

~~~~~~~~

Valter wandering off on his own caught Norbert's attention, but he couldn't really do anything about it just then. I'll go talk to him to see if he has someone he's staying with after I put Raquel's bedroll in her room.

Raquel

"Alright, well ... I guess we should look for a room of our own now." Raquel somewhat muttered. She was getting uncomfortably hungry, and beginning to feel the need to get that bedroll out of Bert's hands before he got angry with her for taking so long. That was when it finally occurred to her that she didn't even need her bedroll in the first place. She had brought it along on instinct, still not being used to these guest rooms they usually got their hands on. As she realized this, she had to resist the urge to laugh. It would surely occur to the pegasus rider himself before long, so she mustered up the courage to apologize right then and there. "Uh, Bert, I'm sorry. I just realize that I didn't really need my bedroll at all ... um ..." she paused to cover her mouth and keep those involuntary giggles at bay. "Yeah, I'm sorry, snrkkkk."

"Yeah, it's still yours and you still needed help carrying things. It doesn't matter to me why you bring or don't bring things along. What else are you going to do with it since you've already taken it this far? Might as well at least store it in your room," he replied with a shrug. He already had thought about her not having a use for it, but it didn't really matter since she'd wanted to bring it along anyway.

<Hm, yeah, I'll do just that.> John thought, making his way inside. Finding one wasn't hard since, as mention before, the rooms with just one bed were on the ground floor, so he got on the first one he saw.

<Well well, this is certainly something.> John thought as he looked around. <I guess it should be expected from this place.> Heading over to the bed, he left the bag he had brought there. <Well, I guess this will do.>

Raquel

He's not upset? "Oh, okay, then. Um ... let's go, I guess." I guess he's finally starting to calm down and even out a bit. That's good. With that, Raquel led the trio(Herself, Veronika, and Bert) into the guest building. She shouldn't have been surprised by the familiar surroundings, but still was. To add insult to injury, they appeared to have walked right into a dining room. There must have been a kitchen nearby. She wouldn't have minded staying upstairs where most of the two bedded rooms were, but the urgency of her hunger quickly returned and she began frantically checking rooms in the first floor hallways until she found one with two beds. "Is this one alright?" she asked Veronika, the urgency escaping into her voice.

Veronika

"Yes, this will be fine," she said, scanning the room briefly. Raquel seemed a little preoccupied with something, but Veronika decided not to pry for the time being.

Connor

"Yes mom," he replied to Gabbie, rolling his eyes a little. I'm going to feel a little silly walking around in armor and not even fighting...though I guess since most of the group does it it's a little less weird.

Nadya

"Ah heck, I'll room with ya Robin. Probably better for ya to have a staff user on hand anyway, seein' the amount of trouble ya seem to attract," Nadya said, smirking a little.

Selene

Selene was speechless for a second after Weyland's explanation but quickly regained her composure. "Not to be rude Professor, but meeting a vasilus and being transported to Rex-Avaz sounds like an absurdly unlikely series of events. Lilith has been missing for nearly five thousand years- and she shows up now to aid Miss Valcyn and her mercenaries? The sword missing from the Ursentius museum is an oddity though, not many individuals could break through the security there- or would even bother trying," she said, furrowing her brow.

"So Bert's alive and in Rex-Avaz? Being bossed around by a bunch of women is a heck of a lot better than being dead, and he's used to that from the orphanage anyway," Erica said with a sigh of relief. The Major General seemed skeptical on the whole thing, but she was always like that so Erica didn't pay her much attention.

"I'll go ahead and put this down, then," Norbert mentioned as he set the bedroll down. Then, to Veronika, he passively said, "I'll leave Pinky to you, then. I'm going to see if I can find someone to partner up with." With that, he idly waved goodbye to the two women and walked back to where the group had been gathered.

Raquel

"Uuuuuuug I'm so hungryyy." Raquel moaned. The room looked nice, but objects were starting to look edible which was a horrific sign. "I'm gonna go to the dining room. Can you make sure Chip doesn't cause any troub-" She was quickly interrupted by Chip leaping out from the things she had dropped. The little monkey quickly rushed down the hallway and out of sight. "... oh gods, I'll never catch him like this ...." she moaned, again.

Gabbie

The obvious next step was for Gabbie to find one of these circle bedded rooms and claim it so she could see about some food. On the other hand she wasn't so hungry that she needed to eat within the hour. She was quickly becoming more concerned about her hygiene. Eating could wait. She wanted a bath. "Okay take us to the closest circle bed so I can throw this stuff on the floor and then I need a couple of towels and some soap." she told one of the rexian guards. And suddenly it was his duty to take her and Connor too the requested room. Once they arrived, Gabbie dropped her things, stretched out her arms and flexed a bit before leaning back out of the room and looking down the hallway. It would probably take the guard a short while to return with the towels and soap.

"Hmmm ... on second thought, better get three towels. Connor are you hungry, yet? If not then you're gettin' wet too."

Now with finding a room being taken care of. <Well, I guess staying here would be a waste.> John thought. He then looked at the bag. <Hm, no, I'll eat later. I think I need a bath first. I guess it's almost a must after all that traveling done in the desert.> He let out a laugh.

-----

The number of people still outside was dwindling. I guess it makes it easier, but still. Sophia thought. Well, here goes nothing. So she the approached Chelsea. ''Um, hi.'' She said. ''Would you like to share a room with me?''

"I do not attract trouble intentionally!" exclaimed Robin, clearly a bit flustered. "But yes, I will be more than willing to bunk with you. No different than bunking with anyone else I suppose. Just do not be shocked if a wild bear bursts in and tries to maul me."

After being dragged down the hall and recruiting someone to help find a room, Gytha... decided on the first room they saw. What was the point of rushing to see the rooms if she didn’t mind which one she had? Synthia laughed quietly. The room was fine, if a bit fancy. She laid her things on her bed and looked about. “It’s fine with me,” she replied to Gytha. “Luxurious, but I’m not complaining.”

-----

Valter had found a single bed room and placed his things inside. He stepped out the door to find some food. They had said something earlier about bringing dinner, right? He’d have to find someone to ask about that.

-----

Having not received an answer, Tairi assumed she was free to go. <”Well, I’m off then. If you need help with anything, Amon, just let me know,”> she said before taking off.

"A'right! So, this'll be out room," Gytha mentioned before asking, "So, ye want t' eat next? I was thinkin' about gettin' a bath. Haven't been able t' since Weyland's n' me skin doesn't feel very pleased with me. Th' sun onla sets once a day, though, so I don't want t' miss that. What d' ye think, Synthia? Heharr, maybe they have baths that overlook th' sunset! N' maybe we can even eat while we're bathin'!" It was a bit of a ridiculous notion and the mariner knew it. If they didn't have it, she wouldn't be surprised. If they did, though... That'd be something else.

~~~~~~~~

As he was walking, something suddenly ran up Norbert's leg then back before winding up on his shoulder, then leaping to the ground in front of him and scurring off down the hall. The pegasus rider didn't get a good look at it and so was basicly left staring at the direction the creature had gone in. What was that?! After his temporary stun, Norbert shook it off as unimportant and continued on his way.

When he got back to where the group was, it was apparent that there weren't all so many people remaining. Hmm... I wonder if Valter just went off by himself. A tad concerned, he headed back into the building to look for the horseman. "Hey, did you see a guy with long, kinda-red hair go by here?" he asked a Rexian guard he found. Turned out he had and so showed Norbert to the room Valter had claimed. When they got there, Norbert thanked him and he went away, then, he knocked on Valter's door.

“Bath, definitely,” Synthia replied almost immediately. She wrinkled her nose. “Two sweaty days in the desert without one. I stink.” Food could wait, and sunset could be seen tomorrow if they were still there. “It’d be great if we could combine the three, though... We could go ask about it,” she said, standing up.

-----

Having gotten lost briefly, Valter decided it might’ve been a good idea to ask where the kitchen was, which he did of the first guard he came across. He got directions, but also information. Apparently someone had been looking for him. Who, he had no idea. He wondered about it as he made his way towards the kitchen. Hopefully it hadn’t been Synthia or that archer chick, either one wasn’t likely to be good news.

"Maybe they have towels, too. N' maybe we can borrow a set o' clothes," Gytha happily spoke up as she stood and began heading out the door again, having taken her holster, sword and sheath and pouch off of her belt and left them by the bed. Maw likewise stayed in the room as Gytha left. Finding Amina, the mariner asked, "Ahoy! There any baths ye can see th' sunset from? N' can we have our food brought t' us there?" Might as well get right to the point.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After a short ammount of time waiting, Norbert decided to just open the door and looked around. No one was there. Either Valter had stepped out or he was guided to the wrong place. Somewhat frusterated and not too kieen on wandering around with his arms more than empty, he went into the room and set his things down, keeping Splinter and Crunch at his belt. Then, he exited and began looking for the horseman again, choosing to look in the dining area first. He'd passed through there with Raquel, so he knew where it was. If Valter wasn't there, he was going to have to ask where the baths were since that would be the next likely pace for Valter to have gone...of his own accordance.

So with the decision taken, John only took out spare clothes from the bag and made his way out of the room. <Right, that girl should know.> He thought, heading over back outside. <Although, didn't he said her Common wasn't good? Hopefully she can understand that much, or if not hopefully the other way around.>

Making it back, it seems others were talking with Amina. <Hm, looks like I'll wait then.> He thought, having arrived after they had spoken.

Like a person possessed, Ranyin kept doing nothing but read the strange pages in his tome. All through out the journey he had paid scant attention to his surroundings...until he entered Sanctuary. The sight of the palace was more than enough to draw the mage's mind away from his tome. Silently he followed the group where ever they went, marveling at the amount of artworks invested in the palace.

Finally, the tour came to a stop and Ranyin had to pick a room. He had two criteria to fulfill. First, not be a room with Gytha. Second, it must have the best view he could get.

Running around the upper floors, Ranyin came to one that was facing the south. It had unobstructed view of the domain. A perfect place for him to just sit down and start his painting, leaving behind complicating thoughts of spellcraft behind.

Mireille did not know what to do throughout the entire trip. She had done the standard night watch, although the people they met were relatively friendly. Then when conflict nearly arose that would call upon her protective skills, Lilith ended it without any casualties.

Now unable to decide who she should spend the night with, she chose a room for a single person. Privacy was always a welcome thing anyway.

Veronika

"Go eat, I'll catch the monkey," she said quickly to Raquel before dashing down the hall after the small creature. She only hoped that she could reach him before he caused too much havoc; a monkey left to his own devices could be dangerous indeed.

Nadya

"That'd be a sight to see, a bear just goin' through the palace with no one stoppin' it. I hope the security here's a little better than that, too many valuables here to just leave unguarded."

Connor

"Uh, I think I'm gonna go eat. Haven't had a real meal since before the manor got attacked." I wonder how reconstruction is going...hopefully they'll leave it alone now.

“I hope so,” Synthia commented as she followed Gytha out the door. She accompanied her to Amina and stood silently. Gytha had really covered everything.

-----

Valter entered the dining hall on the way to the kitchen, waving to Bert as he passed by. “Hey”